ATTN: Mods & Admin

Paradis

Feb 9, 2007
Good day Gentlement & Ladies respectfully,

I need some advice and a little bit of experienced savy input on a letter of politcal nature. I am a member of a committee of individuals in the process of combating a movement that unfortunately due to the sensitive nature othe topic and the fragility of the issue i will not disclose for the entire public forum.

i tried to PM a few of you mods, but your forum as some unusual restrictions in this department so i was wondering if you could respond by unrestricting it, or emailing me at saurod@hotmail.com. I will require some verification that you are a mod and have some kind of significant experience in politics, not just an advid reader.

thank you for your time
-C

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Good day Gentlement & Ladies respectfully,

I need some advice and a little bit of experienced savy input on a letter of politcal nature. I am a member of a committee of individuals in the process of combating a movement that unfortunately due to the sensitive nature othe topic and the fragility of the issue i will not disclose for the entire public forum.

i tried to PM a few of you mods, but your forum as some unusual restrictions in this department so i was wondering if you could respond by unrestricting it, or emailing me at saurod@hotmail.com. I will require some verification that you are a mod and have some kind of significant experience in politics, not just an advid reader.

thank you for your time
-C
We aren't politicians, never have been. I don't think we would be much help.

Paradis

Feb 9, 2007
I'm definitely not looking for politicians, but more or less ppl involved in politics to some capacity. Like students, teachers, lawyers, etc

westmanguy

Council Member
Feb 3, 2007
Yes, could you explain the topic, or the nature of your political letter?

Just so there is a purpose to this thread for other members.

Paradis

Feb 9, 2007
well a brief summary of the topic is that Transport Canada has been lobbied to push for a change in the current importation of vehicles regulations that stand. Basically, we as canadians can import cars from other countries so long as they are 15 or more years older. And now it appears as though they are pushing to have that date moved back to 25 years. I want someone political experience, specifically from a academic stand point to converse with about the legibility of a letter.

snfu73

disturber of the peace
When I write letters on topics, I just write what I feel. It's important to be clear about your concerns, and how it will affect you and other Canadians. It's important to keep it brief. It's important to be persistant. Follow up your letter with phone calls, emails, etc. Make a point of sending letters to the media to get attention to the issue....I had no clue that regulations like this were being looked at, and I'm sure others don't.

westmanguy

Council Member
Feb 3, 2007
Your saying.. if I bought a new car from the USA, I couldn't bring it here? It has to be a used car of 15 years or more, or pushing it too 25 years, for me to bring it up here?

I don't think that is right... is it?