Mark Holland drops Environmental Bombshell on the west.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
What no apologists and or justifiers???

Where are all the Liberal supporters when the Liberal party's hidden agenda is exposed, by them!!!???

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
I thought it was quite simple, just click it and listen.

fyi, nothings got me 'all wired up'. In fact it makes me laugh. Firstt heir hidden agenda is exposed by them, then none of the usual suspects comes to their aid. Rather revealing.

Last edited:

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
I'm listening to climatologist Mike Hulme, smart fella. He's bang on about hysterics and people relying on our ingenuity (ie. science). You know, some times I might come off a little hysterical too, it's only because I've been arguing against the nay-sayers so long now, I get a little frustrated at times. I'm glad we can accept finally that it's real, and discuss how to deal. I think that's a better use of our energy.

Moderate voices are so soothing to hear.

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
Lol, I don't think Klein is the best voice for letting industry sort it out though.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
I'm listening to climatologist Mike Hulme, smart fella. He's bang on about hysterics and people relying on our ingenuity (ie. science). You know, some times I might come off a little hysterical too, it's only because I've been arguing against the nay-sayers so long now, I get a little frustrated at times. I'm glad we can accept finally that it's real, and discuss how to deal. I think that's a better use of our energy.

Moderate voices are so soothing to hear.
I agree. But we don't need to have the Mark Hollands of Canada do what he conemplated in that interview. That would be totally and completely irresponsible. Don't you think? It was fears of this kind of knee jerk shyte that had me going at you and juan so hard, way back when. I have come to realize that yours and my ideals on this topic, are not that far apart.

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
Lol, I remember our political compass scores were similar.

I haven't listened to Holland's pieces yet.

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
Not quite sure what we're supposed to look at in the link. I checked a couple things and there was something about a Hypogrit plan to limit Alberta oil production. My sound has a glitch so I can't hear anything, anyway. But if the goofy glibs think they'd get away with that plan once they got into power they should take a sober pill. The Albertans are still pissed off at the Hypogrit gov't about the National Energy Program. http://archives.cbc.ca/IDD-1-73-378/politics_economy/alberta_oil/ They won't tolerate Ottawa messing around again. Ontario and Alberta are consistent contributors to the equalization prgogram with BC being a sometimes contributor. Ontario is grumbling about becoming a have not province ( http://www.canadafreepress.com/2005/higgins083005.htm ) so that would leave Alberta holding up Canada's britches. Unbelievably stupid to piss the province off.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
The jist of it LG, was that Mark proclaimed the Libs, would put a complete halt on the tar sands, end Alberta's so called selling out of Canadian resources to the Americans, etc, just more left wing hyserical BS.

But what caught my attention was the "hidden agenda". LOL, the whole piece made me think of the Libs whole attack campaign on Harpo and his "hidden agenda". They say, they will work with industry in one sound byte, and in another let it slip, that they plan to byatch slap Alberta.

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
rofl Can we say "hypocrite" or "hypogrit"?
Yeah, the Glibs have been in power long enough to learn every dirty political trick in the book and probably invent a couple more.
But they didn't really expect Lougheed to cut production and clinch the pursestrings of the profit-sharing plan (NEP) that Turdeau came up with.
Seems to me a few years ago they tried it with Newfoundland's oil project, too. The N/L premiere dug his heels in, too. I think it was 2004.

snfu73

disturber of the peace
I still haven't listened to it. Anyway, I don't know, I get so sick of provincial/federal squables...and I get sick particularily of Alberta. I think that all of Canada should share in the wealth that comes from one part of the country. The idea of people in one province in Canada living at a better level than another province makes me angry. All of Canada should benefit from all resources being utilized nation wide. I'm tired of the "IT'S MINE!" kinda behavour that goes one. What is the point of even having a union of provinces if each province just does it's own thing and doesn't "share" with the other provinces. We may as well all be seperate.

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
I still haven't listened to it. Anyway, I don't know, I get so sick of provincial/federal squables...and I get sick particularily of Alberta. I think that all of Canada should share in the wealth that comes from one part of the country. The idea of people in one province in Canada living at a better level than another province makes me angry. All of Canada should benefit from all resources being utilized nation wide. I'm tired of the "IT'S MINE!" kinda behavour that goes one. What is the point of even having a union of provinces if each province just does it's own thing and doesn't "share" with the other provinces. We may as well all be seperate.

'Cuse me??? You know not of what you speak. Alberta (and Ontario) have given MORE than their share of wealth to the rest of the country. It's called Transfer Payments!

And, I think you need to do some investigating into the history of how exactly Alberta has become what it has and it certainly wasn't by any help from the Federal Gov't. In the 40's when oil was first discovered and Alberta requested help in getting other investors and governments involved to help get the stuff out of the ground, Alberta was pretty much told where to go. So, they did - they went to the Americans who were only too happy to invest and help get the stuff out of the ground.

And now, even with the amount of money that has gone into the federal coffers you want MORE???

Unbelievable!! When you start working, investing and putting your hard earned dollars into our economy, then you are certainly welcome to enjoy/reap its benefits. But until then, get off our back!! We pay more than our fair share already.

JMO

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
You obviously have forgotten that an awful lot of things that could have benefited all of Canada has in the past been chanelled into Quebario. For instance, the feds arranged to have BC shipyards transferred to Quebario, they set up the Wheat Board to "help" grain farmers, kept manufacturing in Ontario running full tilt at the expense of manufacturing in other areas of Canada, etc. Yet when one of the provinces other than Quebec or Ontario need something, forget it. When another province besides Ontario or Quebec come up with something on their own, the feds want it. Why should the majority of the country sacrifice tons just so Quebario can feel just peachy?

snfu73

disturber of the peace
I really don't care about the past. I'm also not saying that what has been done in the past is correct. The opinion that I am voicing is that in a union, there should not be have and have not provinces. All provinces should benefit from being in the union. That hasn't been the case...that isn't the case...I feel it SHOULD be the case...let's look forward...not in the past.

snfu73

disturber of the peace
Okay. I've listened to some of the interview I think we are talking about. I DO support the idea of limiting the growth of the oilsands. I do the oilsands as an environmental nightmare, and talk of building nuclear power stations to fuel the area scare me even more. I am concerned about where the profits of the oilsands are actually going...much of it south of the border. I am concerned that the average albertan...the average canadian will pay in the long run so oil company folks can get filthy rich. I very much like the idea of limited growth in the oil sands. I want to see the madness that is going on in alberta right now come to an end. The economy as it is is nuts, and although benefits some, is brutal to the average joe.