Abortion is wrong no matter what! Part 2

Rawisbetter!

Electoral Member
Jan 23, 2007
I don't know why my last thread got locked because I didn't do anything wrong. And to the person who said I "expressed extremely judgemental and intolerant opinions in all 3 of my threads", I did not do that in the first two threads. How is saying "Animals should have the right to live" intolerant? And I said like 2 things in the gay marriage post. None of that was judgemental. And the reason I want a FREE proxy to download is because I'm sick of tyrant mods banning me for speaking my mind when I don't even cuss or threaten anyone. As for you pro-choicers who swear on my threads, keep it down!

RomSpaceKnight

Council Member
Oct 30, 2006
London, Ont. Canada
The lock may have been from anothers reply. Your rant against tyrannical mods may get this one locked.

I don't believe in abortion as a form of birth control only from a place of personal responsibility. If you have no moral objection to abortion then condoms, the pill, oral sex or abstinence should work for you as a form of birth control.

hermanntrude

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Jun 23, 2006
Newfoundland!
it was locked because people were being horribly rude to each other, i assume.

anyway personally i feel that abortion should be a choice. I know some people feel it is wrong, and then it is up to them to choose not to have it done. It shouldnt be imposed upon those who feel it's ok to have it done.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
I'll second RSK, on abortion is not an acceptable form of birth control.

Before I go any further though, I would respectfully ask Raw what gender he she is?

Alexander

Electoral Member
Jan 31, 2007
Vancouver, B.C.
I don't think it should be used for people who were just careless with their business under the sheets but if a young girl got raped (say, 13) and ended up being pregnant. I think she should have the right to not go through the agony of child birth after being traumatized by rape.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
I don't think it should be used for people who were just careless with their business under the sheets but if a young girl got raped (say, 13) and ended up being pregnant. I think she should have the right to not go through the agony of child birth after being traumatized by rape.
Any woman raped should have to choice.

Riyko

Electoral Member
Apr 29, 2006
Oakville, Ontario
I only agree with abortion in the cases of rape and incest otherwise if your going to have sex you can take on the responsibility of having a child with protection or without. *shrugs* I'm just tired of hearing about 12-16 year olds having sex and getting pregnant just to have an abortion because they didn't want to take the extra few minutes to use a condom.

I think that if your under 18 your parents have to be notified if your going to have an abortion no matter the reason.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
I think you people are quite closed minded, and need to expand your thoughts. I can only extrapolate that, if you think all abortion should be banned except for rape, then all divorces should be banned, except for abuse. After all, a marriage is entered into with a whole lot more planning and thought than some pregnancies, so why should someone be allowed to get out of a marriage? Marriage for life, except in cases of abuse, and no options.

Abortion should not be taken lightly, but it should be an option. Stuff happens, you know. Try being a little bit more tolerant, before you stand on your high horse proclaiming The Rules.

Have none of you ever made a mistake? Perfection running a little high these days? Maybe, if we ban abortions, we can have a few more newborns left on doorsteps in -20 weather. That'll fix it.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Excellent post Ten.

I'm holding out on what I really think until I find out what gender Raw is.

AmberEyes

Sunshine
Dec 19, 2006
Vancouver Island
I find the biggest issue with this topic is that many people have differing views on exactly what abortion means. Many people believe that that fetus, no matter how young, is a human life. Terminating a pregnancy, no matter how far along you are, is wrong in some people's mind.

I agree with the right to choose to have an abortion. I personally would not be able to do it, I see the creation of a baby between two individuals as a very precious thing, even if the circumstances in which that pregnancy happened are unfavorable. Yes, even rape. However I do not feel that I should be forcing my views on others. I understand that some women feel they can't handle a child at that point in time, and so they may want to terminate the pregnancy and do without the pain of raising a child in poverty (or whatever other circumstance.)

By no means should abortion be used as birth control. However, I see no way of preventing this without treading on the rights of the women involved.

temperance

Electoral Member
Sep 27, 2006
I believe in prevention and then it needs to be a choice that only those involved should make ,,I support the choice the person people involved make ,there is a reason for everything ,we would not have the skills necessary /technologies if it wasn't suppose to be .Very personal choice and no one has the right to take that choice away for anyone else .

marygaspe

Electoral Member
Jan 19, 2007
I find the biggest issue with this topic is that many people have differing views on exactly what abortion means. Many people believe that that fetus, no matter how young, is a human life. Terminating a pregnancy, no matter how far along you are, is wrong in some people's mind.

I agree with the right to choose to have an abortion. I personally would not be able to do it, I see the creation of a baby between two individuals as a very precious thing, even if the circumstances in which that pregnancy happened are unfavorable. Yes, even rape. However I do not feel that I should be forcing my views on others. I understand that some women feel they can't handle a child at that point in time, and so they may want to terminate the pregnancy and do without the pain of raising a child in poverty (or whatever other circumstance.)

By no means should abortion be used as birth control. However, I see no way of preventing this without treading on the rights of the women involved.

I strongly, but strongly disgaree. I think it is immoral and out and out murder. It is a cultural excuse to be sexually active. I believe in old fashioned advice my mother gave me way back in 62-63 when she had the "talk" with me, if you don't want a baby, keep your legs closed.

hermanntrude

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Jun 23, 2006
Newfoundland!
I strongly, but strongly disgaree. I think it is immoral and out and out murder. It is a cultural excuse to be sexually active. I believe in old fashioned advice my mother gave me way back in 62-63 when she had the "talk" with me, if you don't want a baby, keep your legs closed.

OK but this is your BELIEF. I don't agree you can call it murder, although in some situations it is indeed wrong. the fact that we disagree on it is why it should be a matter of choice. If you dont want to do it that's fine. dont. but why should it be illegal?

marygaspe

Electoral Member
Jan 19, 2007
OK but this is your BELIEF. I don't agree you can call it murder, although in some situations it is indeed wrong. the fact that we disagree on it is why it should be a matter of choice. If you dont want to do it that's fine. dont. but why should it be illegal?

Because it is immoral, it is a sin and it is murder..are these enough reasons for you?

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
Sin is a matter of perspective, as is the choice regarding abortion.

hermanntrude

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Jun 23, 2006
Newfoundland!
immoral things needn't be illegal things. sins are dictated by religious people and NOT the government, and muder is a legal term usually only applicable to human beings beyond the term of pregnancy.