Arming our Pilots

hadi_86

Jan 8, 2007
Dear all Canadians,

9/11 has been the biggest tragedy in recent history. I am a muslim and I am very hurt by the fact that there are terrorist groups who wrongfully terrorize in the name of Islam. I don't want to see another 9/11. Airport security has greatly increased since the event but only at the airport. But that's not enough! As we have all seen, terrorists can easily pass explosivies and other weapens through the screens undetected. So whats the next step? Increase security ON BOARD!
Here is my proposal:

Pilots (and only pilots) should be allowed to each carry a hand gun and a stunt gun on board. Why only pilots? First of all, we can’t allow every passenger or cabin crew to carry one because that would increase the chance of a terrorist getting their hands on a gun. Second of all, the destiny of all 300 passengers is in the hands of the pilots. If the pilots die or loose control of the plane (by the terrorists), then the passengers are doomed.

So why can’t the government allow pilots to carry a firearm? Wouldn’t this help defeat hi-jacking attempts or even better, deter it?

I'd like to hear everyone's feedback, especially current or former aireline security staff if there are any.

Hadi