Our Word is Our Weapon

vivamyrevolucion

Dec 28, 2006
Letter of Request for Submissions
I am writing to formally request your participation in a literary project I am currently working on.
The book I am writing deals with social and political issues, and more (focused primarily on a left-leaning Canadian perspective). I do not wish to focus on what is wrong with the World, but rather, on the positive changes and practices that already exist in our society.
It will be a reference, a collection of revolutionary ideas, opinions, alternatives, lifestyles, our voice, our struggles and experiences creating another World outside of the "Colloseum".
My intention is to increase awareness by working together, by building bridges between us, by integrating the elements of positive change that remain isolated from each other, together, in the spirit and philosophy of non-violent resistance, coined "Satyagraha" by Mahatma Ghandi.
"We will try to construct or reconstruct another way of practicing politics, in the spirit of serving others, without material interests, with sacrifice, with honesty, a way that keeps it's word, or, that is to say, in the same way that those of the the left - who were not stopped by violence, jail or death, and much less by offers of dollar bills - have done it". -Zapatista Army of National Liberation-
Submission Guidelines
(please keep in mind, these are ONLY guidelines)
Name of: Person/ Community/ Organisation or Website
Contact information
Mission Statement, About you
Projects, Vision, How you creating positive change, creating a better World in which to live, etc...
Highlight/ Spotlight specific things that you are doing, related articles, facts or info, etc., related to your cause....
Links to info and/or website(s)
Any other info you wish to submit that you believe is important, please do not hesitate, these are simply suggestions, as long as they keep with the theme of positive change in action,,,,
I have also created a template of over 30 questions related to various issues, please feel free to answer one, or as many as you wish. Selected replies will be published in the "Your Voice" section of the book. Visit : http://vivamyrevolucion@blogspot.com
I am a 29 year-old Canadian currently travelling throughout Mexico studying the non-violent movements of both the peoples of Oaxaca and the "Other Campaign" of the Zapatistas. Therefore I am only available to be contacted at present through my email: vivamyrevolucion@yahoo.ca
To all those who choose to participate in this project, I thank you sincerely,
gracias, Scott J Graham