Can Canada be totally conquered

Researcher87

Electoral Member
Sep 20, 2006
In Monsoon West (B.C)
Can Canada be totally conquered by any invading army, or if heaven forbide, if someone within Canada decided to lead an insurgency, would they be able to conquer all of Canada.

I say no because even though 80% of Canadians live within 150 miles of America, there is extremely dense forest in Quebec, Ontario, and Northern B.C. It gets extremely cold in the winter in the praires that may break down military equipment, so I believe Canada as the second largest country in the world it would be extremely hard to invade it all, or hold all of Canada.

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire
Conquering went the way of the British Empire, into oblivion. The world is smaller, especially in the West. There is no "conquering" anybody anymore.

P.S. I hope this isn't going to turn into another "the elephant rolled over and sqaushed the mouse" again.

Said1

Hubba Hubba
Apr 18, 2005
Das Kapital
RE: Can Canada be totally

You better watch it, ITN. We's gasing up our tanks and heading south as you post. Getting a tad frigid up here.

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire
Re: RE: Can Canada be totally

Said1 said:
You better watch it, ITN. We's gasing up our tanks and heading south as you post. Getting a tad frigid up here.

Canucks are always welcome.

Well maybe not Quebecers. :p

Sassylassie

House Member
Jan 31, 2006
Said1 you mean Tank as in one right? Yep the Sea Kings are firing up as we speak, wait they have no spare parts and won't make it to Ontario. Okay lets rethink this, ump what about the Sea Cadets, can you picture the Armada of Little itty bitty sail boats heading into Boston. Pure terror on the faces of the people from Boston, who we kidding. Canada can't even defends it's boarders let alone wage war against an enemy within (except Quebec) if we were invaded. Now I'm depressed.

Said1

Hubba Hubba
Apr 18, 2005
Das Kapital
RE: Can Canada be totally

Firstly, who said anything about Bawwwwston? I'm thinking Florida. And secondly, all I need is a little Hyundai and a few more beagles and it's alllllllll mine. Ever heard of the Beagle Brigade? They're really special agents working for me!

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
I just got here and Sassy's kicking me in the nuts.

As much as our military is a dismal pittence compared to the states, I can assure you that we have, by a long shot, one of the most determined and formidable fighting forces known to man kind.

Even though the fiberals tried in vain to pussify our forces. They have remained a group not to be recond with. The men and women that enlist in our military are, for the most part, not career hunting, as the liberal advertising campain tried to depict the Armed Services to be full of. Some are humanitarians, and believe that sometimes aid most be delivered with a shove. Others are warriors, it was in their very blood at birth to become a soldier. If you ask a Canadian soldier why he/she does what they do. The majority will say, "Because, umm. It's what I do"

I fall into the latter, so does my youngest boy.

The States, despite its massive funding is still allowing petty criminals to skirt jail time by enlisting (correct me if I'm wrong, please).

This all falls into the same quagmire as our National identity. We don't need to find or force it with the CRTC. We forged it in the fires of the bellys of the boys that marched off to the first world war(LWF), the Courier Dubois cut it out of the belly of the beast that was the Canadian wild and helped forge a Nation. The Homme de norde, mapped it as they carved routes through unchartered territory. The many Nations that exsisted here before them helped lead the way, (To their detriment, to some extent).

Do I believe Canada could be conquered, inpart or in whole. A resounding NO.

That very fire that burned in the hearts of every man, woman and child that stood and was counted, whenever strife raised its head, in years gone by, still burns in most Canadians. Be they old, young, man, woman, or recent immagrant. If you truely believe in freedom, that fire would ignite in them, with the heat of the sun.

humanbeing

Electoral Member
Jul 21, 2006
Could Canada be conquered?

Perhaps, but Canada will never be conquered (except possibly by robots or something). The only nation-state that currently has the ability to potentially occupy a country of Canada's size, population, and capabilities (in various respects) is the United States.

They would never waste their time or resources conquering Canada because it would be too wasteful and too pointless, not to mention just plain ridiculous.

EastSideScotian

Stuck in Ontario...bah
Jun 9, 2006
Petawawa Ontario
Nope.

Canadians, WOuld Rise tothe Occasion. We would put up the largest resitance known to mankind. Our Soldiers, would not line up and fight a battle with the Conuqering Force, we would simply go into a resitance mode, The Best trained resitance ever. We would get away with as much weaponry as possible and head home, let things settle down a bit. Then Like Insurgents we would wage a war never seen before.

I myself would grab a rilfe and take up arms and fight for my people and my COuntries Freedom, as would every capable male and female in My province. The same would go for every other Province.

Quebec however may fight to become Quebec against an Invadeing army Unfortunetly for them after the rest of the provinces chase out the Invadeing Forces, we would go into quebec and say sorry your ours again.

Canadians would simply not let it happen we would completly put our Game faces on and fight to the end.

tamarin

House Member
Jun 12, 2006
Oshawa ON
I think it could be easily conquered. There's little sense of identity in the country, its sense of self being stamped out by successive insensitive governments bound on remaking the country in Pierre Trudeau's image of a polyglot, multicultural camp of tribes. The greatest threat to Canada comes from within. I've mentioned the unease with Canada in many parts of rural eastern Ontario. This is the same part of Canada that supplied the government with some of its best battalions in both world wars. If they got pissed off enough and got organized a siege of Ottawa would be an easy coup. As Canada wanders aimlessly into the 21st century, disrespecting its traditions and cultural roots, the dangers of an insurrection grow.
And the US too could easily take us. Manifest Destiny isn't dead. It just needs new leadership.
Here we are, one of the world's greatest land masses, lightly populated, in a world desperate for space and resources- and we don't think we could be a target. Emperor, where are your clothes!

Researcher87

Electoral Member
Sep 20, 2006
In Monsoon West (B.C)
I do apologize about the question but I wasn't really looking for if Canadians would gang together and defend this country, or break off into different factions and may defeat some fictional occupation with different objectives, or just let an occupation occur.

My question was, better defined, because of the extremely large terrain, because of the highly difficult terrains in some areas of the country, is it possible to conquer it all?

EastSideScotian

Stuck in Ontario...bah
Jun 9, 2006
Petawawa Ontario
Researcher87 said:
I do apologize about the question but I wasn't really looking for if Canadians would gang together and defend this country, or break off into different factions and may defeat some fictional occupation with different objectives, or just let an occupation occur.

My question was, better defined, because of the extremely large terrain, because of the highly difficult terrains in some areas of the country, is it possible to conquer it all?
Well Unfortuntly your Original Question was much more Interesting. Canada Is large, but yes a force like China or the USA could easily cover all the areas well enough. Also if we were conqured we would revolt, like we have stated.

as for Tamarin, you are a sad fellow, Canada and Canadians would simply not roll over and take it, Maybe you would, but thank God most Canadians arent like you. I have a Question for you then, would you Fight back against an Invadeing Army? Or would you just let it happen?

Researcher87

Electoral Member
Sep 20, 2006
In Monsoon West (B.C)
Well I was just asking about the distance because I don't want conflict like people who decide if Canadians would fight off an occupation, or namecalling because maybe Quebecers would do it out of a different intention or maybe Albertans would side with an occupier if it came the south.

Besides, the Germans they were never able to conquer all of Russia. Only a limited amount. But if you guys want to discuss about the idea I had for the first way then go ahead.

EastSideScotian

Stuck in Ontario...bah
Jun 9, 2006
Petawawa Ontario
Researcher87 said:
Well I was just asking about the distance because I don't want conflict like people who decide if Canadians would fight off an occupation, or namecalling because maybe Quebecers would do it out of a different intention or maybe Albertans would side with an occupier if it came the south.

Besides, the Germans they were never able to conquer all of Russia. Only a limited amount. But if you guys want to discuss about the idea I had for the first way then go ahead.
The Germans were fighting on Two Fronts, which is one reason why they could not handle their war in russia, They would of won if it wasnt for Hittlers failed stratigic idea.

Yes the winter screwed them to a degree, but if the Germans took england and then built forces for a few more years, they could easily of taken al the major Cities in Russia before the winter.

Researcher87

Electoral Member
Sep 20, 2006
In Monsoon West (B.C)
Ah but you forget, that would be European Russia, then you would have the swampy Siberia and the desserty areas of Inner Russia, which yes thinner populated than European Russia, had its own little hints and tricks to trouble the german mechanic divisions.

humanbeing

Electoral Member
Jul 21, 2006
I dunno about that, tamarin.

Why conquer what you can just buy and own? Then you don't have to waste time with the undesirable work. Private property is very much established in Canada.

And Researcher87, this is a huge country. So yeah, like I said, size is a major factor. It is not the only factor though. The truth is it would be ridiculous to carry out an invasion of Canada, but I'll throw all of that aside for a moment and just discuss terrain. I am no expert on our country's terrain, but I could make some completely obvious points.

Our country is penetrated fairly well by bodies of water that are connected to the Oceans. Planes, of course, almost completely ignore terrain. Highways are all over the place in the 'important' populous parts of the country (though I suppose we could cause any attackers some problems - and cripple ourselves at the same time :( - by blowing up highway 17 so that everyone had to detour through Hornepayne ;) .

But really, the East and West coasts, where there are a lot of cities... are at the coasts! So there won't be too many problems getting troops and tanks there. The great lakes can be penetrated by naval units in the same fashion.

And of course, we don't fight wars like we did back in the day. We don't really hunker down into cliffs along a coast, or into trenches anymore. If we did, we'd be inviting tanks to run us over and missiles to blow us up, and we'd lose an effective part of our resistance in mere moments. It really would come down to guerilla war between the occupying army & our 'insurgent' forces, and whatever deterent our armed forces would initially provide.

Of course, it needs to be said yet again that I am ignoring a lot of things, namely how ridiculous this would be in the first place for a myriad of reasons.

Sassylassie

House Member
Jan 31, 2006
LOL Bear wrote: As much as our military is a dismal pittence compared to the states, I can assure you that we have, by a long shot, one of the most determined and formidable fighting forces known to man kind.

I was just being a smart ass Bear, My husband was part of that force for 20 years we may not have the best equipment but we have the "Best" fighting forces I could ask for. I concur with Easty I'd grab my hoe, rake and what ever I could arm myself with and fight for this country with every ounce of energy in me. I can't hit the broad side of a barn with a gun, so my leaf blower and other assorted yard impliments will have to do.

Bear you have tude, dude keep it up.

Said1, bloody brilliant plan. LOL.