I don't think this reporter likes Jack Layton.

Sassylassie

House Member
Jan 31, 2006
I read this article and I agree one hundred percent, it's a fun read peppered with the "Real" truth.

All the depth of a parking-lot puddle Babble on.

Rosie DiManno's column in today's Toronto Star is worth reading for this line alone:

But elsewhere, be it Darfur or Haiti — or whatever bright object of humanitarian need might captivate the likes of Jack Layton — would lose its thrall, you can bet on it, as soon as Canadian troops started dying there, too. (Babbler's italics)

Apparently DiManno's not the only one unimpressed by Taliban Jack! and his adamant refusal to accept the realities of rebuilding a peaceful and independent Afghanistan, when the glib and easy alternative is to exclaim "Support our troops! Bring them home!" to ego-feeding applause from his domestic political base.

Hamid Karzai - you know, the elected leader of Afghanistan who has publicly thanked Canada a number of times for sending soldiers to his country to help stabilize and reconstruct a civil society there - isn't even answering Layton's correspondence (ht: The Cornerbrook Doppelganger).

NDP Leader Jack Layton has made several requests for a meeting with the Afghan leader - and has had no reply.

Well, when Jack! is spouting the drivel that follows, it's no wonder Karzai doesn't want to waste his time sharing fake smiles over stale donuts with the man.

“This mission is completely out of whack,” Layton said.

“By investing so heavily in the war effort in the south, it’s depriving Afghanistan from the investments in humanitarian aid and in reconstruction that are required elsewhere in the country.”

So...what, Layton? Are we supposed to abandon the southern provinces to barbarism? Or is some other nation supposed to have its sons and daughters trudge and bleed and fight in the dirt of Kandahar to pacify the region before we arrive bright-faced and bushy-tailed ready to dig wells and build schools? Which nation should shoulder that burden? Someone's going to have to, because the Afghans themselves can't yet. That's why Karzai continues to request our support, you posturing, facetious dilettante. Any wonder why he won't allow you to waste his precious time?As Christie Blatchford has noted, this man is clever enough to know that the CF is doing the heavy-work required to allow the humanitarian and reconstruction projects to take root. That he chooses to deliberately ignore that fact for crass political gain speaks volumes about his character.

Or lack thereof, to be more accurate.

Babble off.

Yep she's spot on Crass Political Gain that is what Jack is all about, he cares nothing for the sacrifices of our fallen? Dispicable little man.

EastSideScotian

Stuck in Ontario...bah
Jun 9, 2006
Petawawa Ontario
Amen, Jack is a Moron, I am going to be Interested in his Metting with Karzi Later today. Jacks an Idiot, and is only going to make himself look like more of a fool, disgraceing us infront of the Afgan Leader.

Plus he needs to shave that foolish Mustash, he looks like an RCMP officer, but the kind that pulls you over to tell you you have bird poop on your window. Nonsense

tamarin

House Member
Jun 12, 2006
Oshawa ON
Jack's right in that we shouldn't be there but he's wrong in insisting we should back reconstruction of the addled waste of space. Not a dime should be spent rebuilding Afghanistan until it sorts itself out. And how that's to be done is indeed a riddle.
At some point we'll be forced to lick our wounds and evacuate. Sadly, many more Canadian lives will be lost before that occurs. But any thought our being there will presage a new peaceful and democratic age is pure horseshit.

athabaska

Electoral Member
Dec 26, 2005
a local talk show host refers Layton as:

Taliban Jack

I'm not an NDP supporter but do think it's good to have a working man's party on the left being vigilant of working man's issues. Unfortunately the NDP keeps getting off track into 'la la' issues and ignores Joe Sixpack. Layton is the antithesis of what type of leader the NDP needs. They need a Ralph Klein 'on the left' who tells the latte drinkers to stuff their special interests up their noses and moves on to the real issues that Joe sixpack is concerned about.

EastSideScotian

Stuck in Ontario...bah
Jun 9, 2006
Petawawa Ontario
Whats the differance between the Working Joe and Joe Sixpack? any common interest? I just dont know what you mean by Joe Sixpack exzactly, exuse my confussion

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Re: RE: I don't think this reporter likes Jack Layton.

athabaska said:
a local talk show host refers Layton as:

Taliban Jack

I'm not an NDP supporter but do think it's good to have a working man's party on the left being vigilant of working man's issues. Unfortunately the NDP keeps getting off track into 'la la' issues and ignores Joe Sixpack. Layton is the antithesis of what type of leader the NDP needs. They need a Ralph Klein 'on the left' who tells the latte drinkers to stuff their special interests up their noses and moves on to the real issues that Joe sixpack is concerned about.

ABSOLUTELY!

I think we need a left-wing party in Parliament as well, I mean an English left-wing party............

Ever since the NDP was taken over by ivory-tower academics with absolutely NO experience or connection with the REAL world they have been incoherent.

Where's David Lewis when you need him?

Or Tommy Douglas, for that matter.

BTW, let's keep that essential left-wing pressence in Parliament at LESS than 20 seats........

Maybe I'm wrong about Jack.....he seems determined to return the NDP caucus to its proper proportion. :D

elevennevele

Electoral Member
Mar 13, 2006
Canada
Re: RE: I don't think this reporter likes Jack Layton.

EastSideScotian said:
Whats the differance between the Working Joe and Joe Sixpack? any common interest? I just dont know what you mean by Joe Sixpack exzactly, exuse my confussion

"Joe Sixpack" would suggest a lot more weekend drinking. As I've always known it, "Sixpack" refers to a Sixpack of beer.

I guess I should also note though that in another context a sixpack can be a reference to a person who has done a lot of sit ups so their abdomen look like a sixpack. A person who just happens to be named Joe. Sixpack Joe, aka, the man with the abs of steel. heh heh.

missile

House Member
Dec 1, 2004
Saint John N.B.
The NDP has lost the votes of the ordinary working person by playing up to the ultraliberal tree huggers and their ilk & will never rule this country.

Calberty

Electoral Member
Dec 7, 2005
David Lewis : True, a real dipper that understood the issues of the working stiff. Unlike the smirky tailor-suited guy leading the party today or the last leader, Mrs. Born-into-millionaire-family. I listened to some of the dipper convention and the issues centered aroud AIDs, U.S. bashing, Gay marriage, etc. The working stiff wants to hear about his taxes, social benefits, his kid's security, mother's old age pension, his electric bill.