TAR SANDS - another national disgrace

Karlin

Council Member
Jun 27, 2004
Gore finally got the newspapers to print it - how insane it is to dig up four tonnes of land to get one barrel of crude oil, and use nearly as much 'natural gas energy' as the energy in a barrel of crude oil, just to make that barrel of crude oil.

"Nuts", is how Gore put it.
"National disgrace" I say, as bad as pissing on war memorials.
Keeping in mind that "the future of life as we know it" will be lost due to global warming, and thats what our honored and valiant soldiers were also protecting - "life as we know it".
There is also the fact that our soldiers were fighting Hitler, who had close ties to the Bush Family Fortune, and their Imperial Oil corporation who sold Hitler the petrol supplies that fueled his WW2 machines. But lets not get off track...

We are losing control of life to corporations and the small but all powerfull group of Elites wealthy people who have gained control of the world by controlling oil : "When you control oil, you control all nation's economies" - Kissinger.

Using one-third of Alberta's natural gas production to get the crude oil from tar sands is only being done because America prefers crude oil to natural gas. If they used the natural gas, they could have more energy for much reduced global warming by reducing greenhouse gas emissions. That would require USA fleets of trucks to use natural gas, a very do-able scenario for fleets, and trucks can carry the weight of natural gas tanks. Or any large engine vehicle, from boats to trains.

But no, the Americans want crude, and they want to never change a thing from the way they did it in the 1950s. And I could hint that GWBushCo WANTS global warming to occur, maybe even WW3, because then the only survivors would be those Elites, that 5% with 90% of the world's wealth. Ok, go ahead, live in that world you fanatic insane wealthy whakos, we cannot seem to stop you.

Fortunately, the costs of getting the Tar Sands into crude form is costing TWICE as much as they had planned on, and so expansions may be in jeopardy, despite the forecast of $80bbl crude prices. On top of that, Ralph Klein will quit being Premier soon anyhow.
There may be hope after all.

Karlin

PS -National Disgrace #3 : Ballard sells fuel cells to China instead of us using this sophisticated technology at home:
CHINA has ordered 100 Ballard fuel Cells to put into cars there next year, and huge orders if they work out ok.
Why China? Why can't WE have our own [Ballard] technology working here, and not polluting our air? China is not at the beck and call of corporations, but ya, they have a totalitarian government.... its pretty much the same thing as far as the little guys go - except they will be breathing clean air sooner than we will. Maybe there are just varying levels of totalitarianism.

LittleRunningGag

Electoral Member
Jan 11, 2006
Calgary, Alberta
members.shaw.ca
RE: TAR SANDS - another n

You should probably thank science, but thats another thread. :wink:

Karlin, if Canadians wanted to pay for those fuel cells, our auto companies would buy them. But Canadians want everything as cheap as they can get it, and domestic auto manufacturers don't have a lot of excess funds to gamble with.

Oh, and you should know that the Alberta tar sands are using some of the most advanced technology in the world to get that oil out. They are doing the best they can, despite your criticisms.

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire
Karlin said:
And I could hint that GWBushCo WANTS global warming to occur, maybe even WW3, because then the only survivors would be those Elites, that 5% with 90% of the world's wealth.

:roll: :roll:

You've lost your mind.

JonB2004

Council Member
Mar 10, 2006
Karlin said:
Gore finally got the newspapers to print it - how insane it is to dig up four tonnes of land to get one barrel of crude oil, and use nearly as much 'natural gas energy' as the energy in a barrel of crude oil, just to make that barrel of crude oil.

"National disgrace" I say, as bad as pissing on war memorials.
Keeping in mind that "the future of life as we know it" will be lost due to global warming, and thats what our honored and valiant soldiers were also protecting - "life as we know it".
There is also the fact that our soldiers were fighting Hitler, who had close ties to the Bush Family Fortune, and their Imperial Oil corporation who sold Hitler the petrol supplies that fueled his WW2 machines. But lets not get off track...

We are losing control of life to corporations and the small but all powerfull group of Elites wealthy people who have gained control of the world by controlling oil : "When you control oil, you control all nation's economies" - Kissinger.

Using one-third of Alberta's natural gas production to get the crude oil from tar sands is only being done because America prefers crude oil to natural gas. If they used the natural gas, they could have more energy for much reduced global warming by reducing greenhouse gas emissions. That would require USA fleets of trucks to use natural gas, a very do-able scenario for fleets, and trucks can carry the weight of natural gas tanks. Or any large engine vehicle, from boats to trains.

But no, the Americans want crude, and they want to never change a thing from the way they did it in the 1950s. And I could hint that GWBushCo WANTS global warming to occur, maybe even WW3, because then the only survivors would be those Elites, that 5% with 90% of the world's wealth. Ok, go ahead, live in that world you fanatic insane wealthy whakos, we cannot seem to stop you.

Fortunately, the costs of getting the Tar Sands into crude form is costing TWICE as much as they had planned on, and so expansions may be in jeopardy, despite the forecast of $80bbl crude prices. On top of that, Ralph Klein will quit being Premier soon anyhow.
There may be hope after all.

Karlin

PS -National Disgrace #3 : Ballard sells fuel cells to China instead of us using this sophisticated technology at home:
CHINA has ordered 100 Ballard fuel Cells to put into cars there next year, and huge orders if they work out ok.
Why China? Why can't WE have our own [Ballard] technology working here, and not polluting our air? China is not at the beck and call of corporations, but ya, they have a totalitarian government.... its pretty much the same thing as far as the little guys go - except they will be breathing clean air sooner than we will. Maybe there are just varying levels of totalitarianism.

Karlin, I don't think they have to dig up four tonnes of land to produce one barrel of oil. I think you're overexagerating. And I'd like to ask you, if it uses the same amount of energy as would a barrel of oil, do you really think they be bothering with the oil sands? And I doubt GWB wants global warming to happen. I think that he just doesn't believe it exists. And I don't know what brought you to believe that GWB would want to start a World War. He might of invaded Iraq, but he wouldn't start a World War. And by the way, Karlin, the oil sands have made the world very rich, and if it weren't for the oil sands, crude prices would be passed $100 a barrel. I don't like the fact that it uses 6 barrels of water to produce 1 barrel of oil, but if it means keeping the economy alive, well then I'm all for the oil sands. Get a life, Karlin.

And quit trying to always discredit the U.S., which is what you seem to do all the time. The U.S. is not all bad. Hey, and by the way, ITN, I see what your talking about when you say the left-wing always tries to say the U.S. has done nothing good. Karlin is a great example of that.

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire
I'm glad you're beginning to notice. The US DOES have alot of bad points, make no mistake of it, it's not ALL bad. The same applies to every country. Watch posters who are consistent and you'll better catch my drift.

As for the Tar Sands, it's wealth for Canada, so what's the problem?

JonB2004

Council Member
Mar 10, 2006
I think not said:
I'm glad you're beginning to notice. The US DOES have alot of bad points, make no mistake of it, it's not ALL bad. The same applies to every country. Watch posters who are consistent and you'll better catch my drift.

As for the Tar Sands, it's wealth for Canada, so what's the problem?

Exactly. The tar sands has increased our GDP by billions of dollars. That's great. Its because Karlin would prefer Canadians to live on the street with no jobs and he wants the economy to collaspe. Obviously Karlin doesn't care whatsoever about the well-being of this country.

MMMike

Council Member
Mar 21, 2005
Toronto
The problem is we are selling ourselves too cheaply. What price is put on the vast environmental devastation, the huge waste of water, the massive ghg emissions just to make oil which can create its own ghg emissions when burned>?

JonB2004

Council Member
Mar 10, 2006

People can't live on the land where the oil sands are, or can they?

notme01

Nominee Member
Jul 6, 2006
it brings money to Canada and gives work to our citizens the only thing that is not right is why not keep our gas maybe it would lower our prices

Hotshot

Electoral Member
May 31, 2006
Karlin said:

"National disgrace" I say, .

Just because idiot Gore says it, you believe it??

The yankees will be coming begging for our 'tar sands' oil in a few years.

athabaska

Electoral Member
Dec 26, 2005
It's amusing how the raging anti-American loonies will quote an American to make their points when it suits them.

Salivating over a vice president? Hope you heart rate isn't too high. If so, go to the doc and be grateful for the extra 18 billion Alberta puts into the federal budget to be redistributed to deadbat Karlins of the country.

bluealberta

Council Member
Apr 19, 2005
Proud to be in Alberta
Canada is the biggest "foreign"supplier of oil to the US.

Karlin, why don't you go find an island somewhere where there are no people, no cars, no government, no anything, build a wood hut..oops, can't do that, destroying nature is bad......so sleep naked on the beach all by yourself and leave the rest of us alone. The tar sands are one of the things that is actually keeping costs from going totally bananas when it comes to energy costs. \

As another poster put it, get a life Karlin, or get out of ours. Kay??

JonB2004

Council Member
Mar 10, 2006

Well, its like I said before. Karlin doesn't care whatsoever about this country. Karlin hates the oil sands but loves the money it produces. Fuck you, Karlin.

JonB2004

Council Member
Mar 10, 2006
Re: RE: TAR SANDS - another n

bluealberta said:
JonB2004 said:
Well, its like I said before. Karlin doesn't care whatsoever about this country. Karlin hates the oil sands but loves the money it produces. *censored* you, Karlin.

What he said. :evil:

Hey, bluealberta. :D Where have you been?

bluealberta

Council Member
Apr 19, 2005
Proud to be in Alberta

JonB2004 said:
bluealberta said:
JonB2004 said:
Well, its like I said before. Karlin doesn't care whatsoever about this country. Karlin hates the oil sands but loves the money it produces. *censored* you, Karlin.

What he said. :evil:

Hey, bluealberta. :D Where have you been?

Actually, I have been quite busy working, and taking some vacation. Thought I would pop back in and see what was happening. Good to see that some things (Karlin) never change, keeps things amusing.

I just figure with the weather so great, why look at a computer screen when I can be outside getting the sun. Great weather. How you been?

JonB2004

Council Member
Mar 10, 2006

I've been great. Mogz and ITN have been converting me.

bluealberta

Council Member
Apr 19, 2005
Proud to be in Alberta

JonB2004 said:
I've been great. Mogz and ITN have been converting me.

Glad to hear it, welcome to the "right" side!! However, I think that your conversion is offset by the converson of MMike to the "dark" side. Oh well.