Nova Scotia may turn Orange

Jersay

House Member
Dec 1, 2005
Independent Palestine
So we already have two NDP provinces. Wouldn't it be great if the NDP controlled each and every province.

Corporate Research Associates June 5

Cons: 38

NDP: 36

Liberal: 20

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
Ya sure! Ontario would love to be controlled by anti-corporation freaks.

FiveParadox

Governor General
Dec 20, 2005
Vancouver, BC
RE: NDP Provinces

I quite favour Her Majesty's Loyal Opposition (in my own Province of British Columbia, the New Democratic Party of British Columbia). However, as for the other Provinces of Canada, I am largely unaware of their opinions and practices and, to that end, it would be somewhat inappropriate for me to be an advocate for that party in those other jurisdictions.

FiveParadox

Governor General
Dec 20, 2005
Vancouver, BC
RE: BCNDP's Conduct

They caused major problems, yes; however, I am convinced enough that the conduct of this party under Carole James, M.L.A., the Member for Victoria—Beacon Hill and the Leader of the Official Opposition, would be quite different from that of this party in previous Parliaments of British Columbia. Just my opinion, of course.

EastSideScotian

Stuck in Ontario...bah
Jun 9, 2006
Petawawa Ontario
Jersay said:
So we already have two NDP provinces. Wouldn't it be great if the NDP controlled each and every province.
Thats a bad idea....They do have some good points though...I will be voteing NDP, because for Nova Scotia right now, we need a change, and they are offering some good ideas, so I say why not give them a try....

As for them running evry province, no...NS isnt in a very good spot right now...NDP can probly get us out of that spot, But Liberals and Torys know how to run something...leave the real work to the big boys

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
Jersay said:

That is a pipe dream at best. There is no need to have Jack Layton clones running provincial affiars. Ontario still has a bitter taste in it's mouth from the Rae Days...

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
If I'm not mistaken the NDP lost official party status in Ontario, again....

FiveParadox

Governor General
Dec 20, 2005
Vancouver, BC
RE: BCNDP's Seats

I think everyone was surprised in the Province of British Columbia, when the New Democratic Party of British Columbia captured thirty-three of the seventy-five seats, and garnered more than forty per cent of the popular vote. :?

BitWhys

what green dots?
Apr 5, 2006
DurkaDurka said:
...Ontario still has a bitter taste in it's mouth from the Rae Days...

Bob Rae spared Ontario from five straight years of full blown recession and considering it hosts a financial hub probably the rest of the country in the process.

not that its appreciated.

Doer might not last much longer in Manitoba. He's done alright for us and he's good on the national stage and all but his cabinet is getting pretty damn creaky and there's been some MAJOR snafus the last few years.

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
Poor Bob.... :)

Did anyone like him when he was done?

aeon

Council Member
Jan 17, 2006
Jersay said:

This is good news, i've always dreamed of an alliance beetween the bloc and NPD, and we never know, if separation of quebec doesnt work, we could see the bloc allying themselves with NPD, they have basically the same agenda.

Chake99

Nominee Member
Mar 26, 2005
RE: Nova Scotia may turn

Personally I think the NDP make an excellent official opposition, though I do not have the greatest faith in them when it comes to forming governments. Both in Ontario and in BC, where I actually know the story of what happened when they came to power, they seemed to have seriously messed things up.

Bob Rae spared Ontario from five straight years of full blown recession and considering it hosts a financial hub probably the rest of the country in the process.

not that its appreciated.
You're right.

About the latter part I mean, the issue of appreciation.

BitWhys

what green dots?
Apr 5, 2006
Do you have any idea what would have happened to Ontario if Rae hadn't run those deficits?

Most people don't.

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
RE: Nova Scotia may turn

Here is a little tidbit about Bob Rae from wiki. He not the saviour you would like to make hiom out to be. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_Rae
In addition, the Rae government initially underestimated the extent of the North American recession. Their first budget projected a deficit of almost ten billion dollars, and enacted a series of spending programs to mitigate the worst effects of an economic lag. Some have described this budget as following a Keynesian orthodoxy, spending money in the public sector to stimulate employment and productivity. Unfortunately, the monies provided for in the budget were insufficient against the recession, and did not create enough productivity. Thomas Walkom described the budget as "the worst of both worlds" -- angering the business community, but not doing enough to provide for public relief. For some, the budget reinforced a popular stereotype of the NDP as irresponsible spenders.

Mogz

Council Member
Jan 26, 2006
Edmonton
Alberta and Ontario will never turn fully NDP. That just won't happen, neither will Quebec. The NDP are living in a time warp, their views and/or practices don't fit in to the 21st Century. Then again, that's just my views. I'd rather see the Liberal Party in power any day of the week over the NDP, and I hate the Liberals. Imagine what I think of the NDP. Hell I even like the Bloc more than the NDP....kidding on that one :p

aeon

Council Member
Jan 17, 2006
Re: RE: Nova Scotia may turn Orange

Mogz said:
Alberta and Ontario will never turn fully NDP. That just won't happen, neither will Quebec. The NDP are living in a time warp, their views and/or practices don't fit in to the 21st Century. Then again, that's just my views. I'd rather see the Liberal Party in power any day of the week over the NDP, and I hate the Liberals. Imagine what I think of the NDP. Hell I even like the Bloc more than the NDP....kidding on that one :p

The one who doesnt fit for the 21st century, are the conservatives, They would abolish the women abolition right, if they could, something, that we have never heard since the 70s, they are against gay period, something we have never heard since at least the 80s, they are using repetitive stupid propaganda on terrorism just like many others in history, which i won't name, you know i feel like i am back in the 40's with conservatives in power.