The budget was a big disappointment

Did you find the Conservative budget a big disappointment?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Don't know/Prefer not to respond

• Total voters

JonB2004

Council Member
Mar 10, 2006
The Conservatives budget was a real disappointment.

First, there were way too many tax cuts, 28 in all. I think that was extremely irresponsible of the Conservatives. They are hoping that our economy will continue to boom so that they don't go into deficit. Well, I hope our economy slows down so the Conservatives get f*cked over. The tax cut that is especially ticking me off is the corporate tax cut. How there they give tax cuts to those rich bastards.

Second, the Conservatives child care plan is a waste of money. Throwing $1200 a year at parents withg children under six isn't going to solve any of our child care problems.

Third, I'm ticked that there was almost no relief for university students.

And last, this budget is addressing the so-called fiscal imbalance, which would get the Bloc Quebecois to side with the Conservatives. Why should we let Quebec get whatever they want?

Well, that's my two cents on the budget.

What's your's?

BitWhys

what green dots?
Apr 5, 2006
afaik the budget doesn't do tweet for the fiscal imbalance. Duceppe is giving Harper a pass on this one so he'll have the PC on the nut this time next year. they were already asking about it agin in question period today.

anybody catch the projected surplus next year? 8O now THAT is funny.

btw. no vote. with this session of parliament I can't allow "disappointment" to make the radar screen. :lol:

JonB2004

Council Member
Mar 10, 2006
RE: The budget was a big

How much is the projected surplus for next year, BitWhys?

BitWhys

what green dots?
Apr 5, 2006
point 6 B ($600M)

and everyone thought the NDP were nuts :lol: :lol: :lol:

BitWhys

what green dots?
Apr 5, 2006
I haven't looked at the numbers yet, but they've adjusted projections to an additional $20B in nominal GDP so right now I'm just assuming they're expecting around an additional $4B in revenues out of that. Like I said, I'd have to compare it to the Update. Either way, they've already shot the wad. Anything else is coming out of tax cuts.

right

CPC

they're probably counting on some Laffer (laughter?) curve magic. :lol:

Finder

House Member
Dec 18, 2005
Toronto
www.mytimenow.net
T buget was good news if you believe in Corperate welfare... For most of us working poor and even middle class this budget gave us little besides the pennies from the GST which will just be eatten away by a 1% increase in prices when this takes effect and a 200 dollar a month TAXABLE day care plan.

Cutting Tax's for the sack of cutting them is bad economic planning when we have a large debt to pay off. The Fiscal responicibility of this government is lacking and it is extremely clear who the conservatives pander to with all the corperate tax cuts.

JonB2004

Council Member
Mar 10, 2006
RE: The budget was a big

In my opinion, I think the government needs to increase taxes.

Jersay

House Member
Dec 1, 2005
Independent Palestine
I don't think taxes need to be raised but this budget is for the rich corporate oil leaders that support the conservatives while everyone else gets to suffer.

Aboriginals,

Post-Secondary education

Children,

Lower and Middle class and on and on.

the Military

And I don't think the Cons deserved a break and the Bloc should have voted or should vote against this budget. But they have no morales, for Quebec people or otherwise.

Grit86

May 8, 2006
Ottawa, Ontario
Well corporate tax cuts might help the economy, right?

Plus, at least Harper is taking some initiatives in the budget. Unlike Martin, who was too busy trying to win over the NDP MPs instead of pursuing his promises. Whatever happened to those big democratic renewal plans?

But the Conservatives' $1,200 child care thing is crock. Political lip service at its worst. *shakes head*