Harper dose'nt care about the environment!!!!!

Liberty

Apr 7, 2006
Leading environmentalists from across Canada say the opposition parties should defeat the government if it abandons the effort to meet Canada's Kyoto commitments.

Canadian voter pay attention to this true fact your health and your family’s health are more important than hating the Liberals. Harper is bad news when it comes to environmental policy. Fact is fact and one will never be able to argue true real fact.

Finder

House Member
Dec 18, 2005
Toronto
www.mytimenow.net
If the opposition parties were to force an early election over the enviroment I do think the electorate would punish the opposition parties with a conservative magority. You have to be careful, though there is a loud minority which are all about the enviroment the vast magority of Canadians I'd urgue want stability more and are not educated on these issues. By forcing this issue it would only back fire on both the liberals and the democrats, and would help the Conservatives in the long run.

Liberty

Apr 7, 2006
"Finder" said, If the opposition parties were to force an early election over the enviroment I do think the electorate would punish the opposition parties with a conservative magority. You have to be careful, though there is a loud minority which are all about the enviroment the vast magority of Canadians I'd urgue want stability more and are not educated on these issues. By forcing this issue it would only back fire on both the liberals and the democrats, and would help the Conservatives in the long run.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Liberty said, It is funny how some people chose to remain misinformed because of either laziness or stubbornness one of the two while they end up voting for the wrong reason and wrong party. Talking about misappropriation of priority or what?

Finder

House Member
Dec 18, 2005
Toronto
www.mytimenow.net
I agree with you of course on this and this is why the Liberals and the Democrats which I support myself need to be realistic or they will hand the government over to the conservatives who will have more power to do what they wish.

I think it's the job of the Democrats and Liberals to point these issues out and work with the current government in solving them. If that government doesn't do anything then they can claime the higher ground. But I'd still not push for an election. You have to know what the people want. If you educate them on the pitt falls of the conservative enviormental plan then you may be able to win them over. However if you come across as a Tree hugging hippie who doesn't also take into context the economics and brings viable solutions to the table, well, I don't think you'd do very well.

Well thats my $1.50 now

quinton

Electoral Member
Jan 20, 2006
Problem is that children in school receive no education on ecological integrity and the affects of human growth on it.

This would have to change for the earth to be saved. Until this is a priority, people won't care enough to reinvent a better goal than economic growth (population times consumption)

FiveParadox

Governor General
Dec 20, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Environment Funding

If the Government of Canada moves forward to decrease funding to Environment Canada by up to eighty per cent, in order to accomodate a transportation tax credit, as has been proposed, then yes, the Government should be put into its place; however, in terms of defeat, I think that it would be very dangerous to attempt to defeat the Government at this time, since there's no predicting what might happen as a result.

pastafarian

Electoral Member
Oct 25, 2005
in the belly of the mouse
Problem is, the Liberals have been worse on the environment than almost every other government on the planet, include that of the Idiot-in-Chief to the South of us. Unlike the Conservatives, the Libs lie about their commitment to Kyoto. Policy-wise they're peas in a pod. There is no hope for us to reduce emissions in line with the Kyoto recommendations.

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire
Harper doesn't care about the environment......possibly.
Bush doesn't care about the environment......most certainly.
The Kyoto Protocol doesn't do anything for the environment....definately.

People don't care about the environment.......ABSOLUTELY!

Karlin

Council Member
Jun 27, 2004
WE know that our survival depends on getting some action done on environment, esp emissions.
Various R.W.Harperite politicians and their supporters don't get it, or they have so much faith in 'their god' that they are willing to take this risk FOR us and let god take care of it all.

So to save ourselves, there is only one choice for government, the NDP.
We have never given them a chance to rule the nation, and thats a damn shame.

What lengths are we willing to go to to fight for our survival? No? nothing? Not even risking a vote for the NDP? Bummer....

MMMike

Council Member
Mar 21, 2005
Toronto
Re: RE: Harper dose'nt care about the environment!!!!!

pastafarian said:
Problem is, the Liberals have been worse on the environment than almost every other government on the planet, include that of the Idiot-in-Chief to the South of us. Unlike the Conservatives, the Libs lie about their commitment to Kyoto. Policy-wise they're peas in a pod. There is no hope for us to reduce emissions in line with the Kyoto recommendations.

While it's true that the Libs hopelessly dropped the ball on Kyoto, that doesn't give a pass to the Conservatives. With the mounting evidence of accelerating climate change (especially in the Arctic), changes towards environmental sustainability should be priority number 1 for the government, no matter what colour their flag.

As for meeting our Kyoto obligations, it is late, but not too late. There is a lot of 'low-hanging fruit', so many ways to dramatically reduce fossil fuel use that it is almost criminal not to act decisively.

MMMike

Council Member
Mar 21, 2005
Toronto
Karlin said:
WE know that our survival depends on getting some action done on environment, esp emissions.
Various R.W.Harperite politicians and their supporters don't get it, or they have so much faith in 'their god' that they are willing to take this risk FOR us and let god take care of it all.

So to save ourselves, there is only one choice for government, the NDP.
We have never given them a chance to rule the nation, and thats a damn shame.

What lengths are we willing to go to to fight for our survival? No? nothing? Not even risking a vote for the NDP? Bummer....

Although I loathe just about everything the NDP stands for, they do have some of the best environmental policy of any party. But they are not the only ones. How about the Green Party? How about the Libs reconstituted under Stephane Dion?

FiveParadox

Governor General
Dec 20, 2005
Vancouver, BC
I think that a Government of Canada headed by the Honourable Stéphane Dion, P.C., M.P., the Member for Saint-Laurent—Cartierville and current Foreign Affairs Critic for Her Majesty's Loyal Opposition would do a good job in terms of the environment, due to his experience as the previous Minister of the Environment, and his advocacy for effective programs.

I also like the environmental policies of the New Democratic Party of Canada; however, I think that the nation would have the notion of a balanced budget destroyed under an NDP Government. ;) As for the Green Party of Canada, their proposals in terms of the environment seem a tad bit radical for my tastes.

Liberty

Apr 7, 2006
Good afternoon Paradox, I like your polite political attitude, it is clear you are a thinker and not an angry NEO CON, even though you love the Cons.

Liberty

Apr 7, 2006
I think not, The harsh reality is that one day the planet will react violently which will be an automatic reaction to reduce the human population in order to gain survival. A pandemic is a silent way for planet earth to evict the abuse taking place as we speak. So sad to see how the human species is out to get beautiful mother earth.

I think not

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 12, 2005
The Evil Empire
I hear what you're saying Liberty but that doesn't change the fact people (most) are generally hypocrits on the subject. People expect governments to do something while they sit behind monitors pointing fingers while using the car to pick up a six pack. Sorry, doesn't wash with me.

FiveParadox

Governor General
Dec 20, 2005
Vancouver, BC
I don't love the Conservative Party of Canada, Liberty — not by any stretch of the term. I am a supporter of the Liberal Party of Canada. The only issue I can think of in which I would be conservative (the adjective, not the party) would be in relation to reforms to our democratic institutions (for example, I oppose the direct election of the Senate and the Governor General of Canada).