Should Military be used to keep Quebec in confederation

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
What diffrence does it make what the SC says?

I don't think this is worth war.

Sassylassie

House Member
Jan 31, 2006
If Quebec defied the Courts and tried to seperate than that would be a declaration of Cival War? No?

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
Not really...I mean both parties would have to be willing to fight it and there sure isn't anybody I know who is willing to fight to keep a bunch of people English Canada doesn't like anyways....

I wouldn't worry about this folks, as long as the road starts to turn away from current Federalism Quebec isn't going to separate and I think the votes Harper picked up in Quebec proves this.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
It seems to me,

the fight wouldn't be about keeping Quebec in Canada, but making sure those who don't want to separate have a voice. The First Nations have voiced that they don't want to separate. Montreal would likely vote to stay. I don't think there has to be civil war but If ever Canada had to be strong for the sake of the people, this would be the time.

iamcanadian

Electoral Member
Nov 30, 2005
www.expose-ontario.org
They should use the Canadian military to take Quebec out of confederation and not to keep it in.

No one outside Quebec cares what Quebec does about its sovereinty. Non-French Canada is better off without Quebec as a burden.

Jersay

House Member
Dec 1, 2005
Independent Palestine
So why don't you already allow Quebec to seperate then like Gilles Ducceppe said during the election.

It's people like this who don't give a damn about Canada and would rather it join America.

I personally think if Quebec seperates against SC orders, I would go in as part of the military and as a person who was born in Quebec and keep it to my country.

zoofer

Council Member
Dec 31, 2005
If a clear majority vote to leave then let them go. Take their share of the national debt with them. Take away their Canadian passports. Put up Customs and guest worker offices.
Without a single national language countries fracture. The only reason they want to separate is the French Language.
Multicult divides.

zoofer

Council Member
Dec 31, 2005
I do not know if he said it or not. But trying to refute facts by alluding to quotes from Hitler hardly holds water.
The States are getting concerned about Spanish. Belgium is in a pickle with the Flemish and Walloons.

Jersay

House Member
Dec 1, 2005
Independent Palestine
Well Latin people are just recolonizing territory that was taken from them by US expansion. So don't be too afraid.

Now with Quebec, it is distinct, but I think support for seperatism has declined if Conservatives or other federal parties play it right.

Do the Belgians have an extremely huge problem with their Flemish and Wallon populations.

Canadian with a hyphen

Electoral Member
Apr 9, 2006
Calgary
that would create a split in the military as the soldiers are from across canada including Quebec.
the soldiers will not be fighting their own people.
Toro , i agree with u on most things but not this one ..this would be in the US best interest because it stands to pick some or all of the remaining pieces of Canada and thus become significantly bigger, richer, more powerful and even more prestigious.

Rachelle-

Jersay

House Member
Dec 1, 2005
Independent Palestine
I am from Quebec, and I am a Canadian soldier and I am prepared to fight to keep Canada together.

And since only a small minority of the military is seperatist if at all. That shouldn't be a problem.

So you don't want Canada to remain together and like I said in my first point and you support this, you actually want Canada to break up because Canada will become part of America.

So you are a Anti-Canadian.

And makes me suspicious of other people who say even if seperatists don't meet all requirements you should let them seperate. I think they are the danger to Canada.

Canadian with a hyphen

Electoral Member
Apr 9, 2006
Calgary
No jersay... i am more canadian than some canadians...but you must make plain that Quebec never had the sovereign right to yield sovereignty to a larger entity and never consented to the federal arrangements made in its name.
What i was trying to say is that the US will be waiting for this day to happen to pick up what is left of Canada and i do NOT want this to happen.
-Nationalism does strange things to some people,especially when extreme manifestations of nationalism are encouraged by great powers nearby-

Rachelle-

cortezzz

Electoral Member
Apr 8, 2006
norway and sweden were once one country-- but separated -- peacefully- and remain on good terms
canadians arent likely to go to war over this

cortezzz

Electoral Member
Apr 8, 2006
Re: RE: Should Military be used to keep Quebec in confederat

iamcanadian said:
No one outside Quebec cares what Quebec does about its sovereinty. Non-French Canada is better off without Quebec as a burden.

speak for yourself

cortezzz

Electoral Member
Apr 8, 2006
zoofer said:
I do not know if he said it or not. But trying to refute facts by alluding to quotes from Hitler hardly holds water.
The States are getting concerned about Spanish. Belgium is in a pickle with the Flemish and Walloons.

dont you mean the english speaking people of in the states are getting concerned about spanish-

but seriously whos gives a toot what their concerns are

if they dont like mexican-spanish
they can go back to britain