Declawing the Tigers

FiveParadox

Governor General
Dec 20, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Agreement with Tories

I have to say that, on this subject, from what I know, I support the decision of the Right Honourable Stephen Harper, P.C., M.P., the Member for Calgary Southwest and the Prime Minister of Canada, and his Government of Canada. Terrorist organizations should be¹ opposed in Canada through whatever means are legislatively provided for, and I don't think that the previous Government of Canada had properly harnessed the resources that it had in relation to matters such as these.

:!: Revision : ¹ Corrected a typo (thanks, Retired_Can_Soldier).

Jersay

House Member
Dec 1, 2005
Independent Palestine
Its sad you know.

Terrorist organization;

In Sri Lanka, the Tamils are Indian Hindu immigrants while the Singahlese are Indian Buddhist. They are both immigrants and I believe they have killed off the indigenous people.

However, the Singhalese have dominanted politics and the military and have abused and discriminated against Tamils for decades and when this conflict started in 1972 when they butchered hundreds of Tamil students, now the Tamils are considered a terrorist organization.

As I support Plaestinian independence from Israel, by armed means if necessary, I also support the armed means of the Tamil Tigers, not the extortion because they are supported by the Tamil people.

Mogz

Council Member
Jan 26, 2006
Edmonton
As I support Plaestinian independence from Israel, by armed means if necessary

Palestine isn't a part of Israel, therefore cannot become independent from them Jersay.

Mogz

Council Member
Jan 26, 2006
Edmonton
No, Israel is a part of Palestine.

Actually neither is a part of the other. But I can see where this is going, so yes, Israel is a part of Palestine fuzzy, yup. There, no we can avoid the long winded Israeli bashing that was going to come from all this.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Re: Agreement with Tories

FiveParadox said:
I have to say that, on this subject, from what I know, I support the decision of the Right Honourable Stephen Harper, P.C., M.P., the Member for Calgary Southwest and the Prime Minister of Canada, and his Government of Canada. Terrorist organizations should be¹ opposed in Canada through whatever means are legislatively provided for, and I don't think that the previous Government of Canada had properly harnessed the resources that it had in relation to matters such as these.

:!: Revision : ¹ Corrected a typo (thanks, Retired_Can_Soldier).

Excuse me, Five, but the previous government of Canada ACTIVELY SUPPORTED the LTTE, with Paul Martin attending fund-raisers.

UNO

Mar 27, 2006
Mississauga
It's true that LTTE was fighting for a cause and the Tamil people supported them, but it has changed now. Thretening Tamils and extorting money has led them to lose support among their own people. Many pretent to support them fearing their weapons not supporting their demand for a seperate state. 20 years of war is enough. Atleast let kids live in peace in our beautiful country.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Re: RE: Declawing the Tigers

fuzzylogix said:
No, Israel is a part of Palestine.

Yeah, well, I know a few million Israelis that would argue that.

They've been arguing it quite successfully since 1948.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
It is funny

in a strange way, that Israel (with overwhelming U.S. support) control all of what was once Palestine, the Golen Heights, that was once part of Syria, the West Bank, part of Jordan, The Gaza Strip, part of Egypt, and it's all the Palestinian's fault. The Israelis like to tell us how they are so, so, threatened by these evil Arabs that want to drive them into the sea but it is BS. The Palestinians don't have a military of any kind, and are driven to attack with suicide bombs because dynamite is cheap.

Jersay

House Member
Dec 1, 2005
Independent Palestine
Juan, I am very interested in your observations why
Jordan did not give Palestinians autonomy and nationhood of the West Bank when Jordan controlled
it between 1948 and 1967.

The arab nation of Jordan went in to occupy the territory of the West Bank to ensure that it wasn't captured by the Israelis.

Also note, with the 7 days war, it wouldn't have mattered if the West Bank was an independent area because it would still be ILLEGALLY occupied by Israel.

jimmoyer

jimmoyer
Apr 3, 2005
Winchester Virginia
www.contactcorp.net
Jersay there's no doubt that creating Israel to
atone for European sin created hell for the Middle East.

But Jersay, there are 19 years to account for there.
1948 to 1967.

In fact if you look at the 1948 map, two nations
were created. So when Jordan took over the West
Bank, it never gave back sovereignty to the Palestinian
as bestowed by the UN.

That's a generation.

It was within Arab power to both give nationhood
and oil dollar wealth to their Palestinian refugees.

By 1967 with a thriving economy and social healthy
society there probably would have been no invasion.

Instead the West Bank became a useful seething
festering pawn.

We certainly cannot deny the existence of manipulation
by both sides. The Arab elite of other Arab nations
found it more useful to let the squalor of their Palestinian brother continue, rather than give him
autonomy and investment to create an economy.

At this point, Jersay, Israel will not go away.

Nor will you give back your home to some ancestral
tribe in Canada.

Not going to happen.

And so now what?

Are you and I any better than the hate that exists now?

Are you and I any better for stacking the moral deck
in favor of one over the other ?

And now after all these 58 years, we're back to the
thing the UN created after Britain gave up its mandate
to the UN ------ A TWO-STATE SOLUTION.

It was wrong then.

But now it's all we can possibly hope NOW.

NOT THE FINAL SOLUTION.

If you get my drift ??