Mark Emery will die in an American jail.

Liberty

Apr 7, 2006
and Chicken Little Bush Lloyd Harper will be the reason.
If Harper had his way he would jail any one found with a joint in their pocket. Chicken Little is telling Canada he is for Democracy while behind closed doors Chicken Little is sexually abusing Democracy.
Free Mark Emery.

Lotuslander

Electoral Member
Jan 30, 2006
Vancouver
Well, I think that is yet to be determined. Last I heard Emery was still out on bail in Canada with possible years of appeals ahead of him before he faces deportation. After which he will still have a trial and possiblly years of appeals in the States.

Liberty

Apr 7, 2006
Well, I think that is yet to be determined. Last I heard Emery was still out on bail in Canada with possible years of appeals ahead of him before he faces deportation. After which he will still have a trial and possiblly years of appeals in the States.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The truth is human Liberty is not for Chiken Little Harper or Bush to administer with their extreem right agenda. The word Liberty is not Chicken Little Harpers or Bushes paten. They both can go and jump in a lake full of urin.

Lotuslander

Electoral Member
Jan 30, 2006
Vancouver
Liberty wrote:

The truth is human Liberty is not for Chiken Little Harper or Bush to administer with their extreem right agenda. The word Liberty is not Chicken Little Harpers or Bushes paten. They both can go and jump in a lake full of urin.

The truth is my freind that marijuana is illegal in this country and therefore no one's "liberty" has been trampeled upon. If you want to make a case that criminalisation of weed infringes upon a person's human rights or religious freedom etc... be my guest I would be happy to entertain it, I am not in favour of prohibition myself, At the moment defacto decriminalistaion of weed has already taekn place in Canada so I don't know what your complaint is all about. Even if Harper tightened the laws I doubt anything woudl happen because Police still have to enforce the laws and quite frankly they do not have the resources capable of enforcing a stringent prohibitionist regime.

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
While I have nothing personal against Mr. Emery and believe that marijuana should be legalized I have a hard time feeling sorry for him.

He reminds me of the Peace activist taken hostage in Iraq.

He is placing his freedom in harms way because he feels it is his right to break the law.

Whether the law is stupid does not matter.

Live by the roach die by the roach.

Sassylassie

House Member
Jan 31, 2006
lol RCS, I thought a Roach was a bug. Sassy is a little green when it comes to drug slang.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Re: RE: Mark Emery will die in an American jail.

Retired_Can_Soldier said:
While I have nothing personal against Mr. Emery and believe that marijuana should be legalized I have a hard time feeling sorry for him.

He reminds me of the Peace activist taken hostage in Iraq.

He is placing his freedom in harms way because he feels it is his right to break the law.

Whether the law is stupid does not matter.

Live by the roach die by the roach.

I don't think Mr.Emery needs anyones sorrow but he is getting the message across very affectively, every enemy of Uncle Sam will take advantage of the situation. Strange you should mention Iraq christian fundamentist hostage taking, most of the world will see Emery as an activist taken hostage by America, the right wing can't get good PR anymore without blowing up buildings, now thats poor management.

aperion

Apr 7, 2006
the right wing does appear to be increasingly discredited as the US becomes more and more strident in its attempts to disrupt any prospect of an international order based on the rule of law. it seems as if most of the world sees thems as bullies. Its disgusting our government is even cooperating with them.

Retired_Can_Soldier

Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
If he US were to step back and mind its own business would you roll over when those who want to take the world backwards come for you.

Or are you so naive that you think it would end there.

Can you debate or just throw out the usual nonsense to avoid matching wits.

Retired_Can_Soldier

Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
Re: RE: Mark Emery will die in an American jail.

aperion said:
the right wing does appear to be increasingly discredited as the US becomes more and more strident in its attempts to disrupt any prospect of an international order based on the rule of law. it seems as if most of the world sees thems as bullies. Its disgusting our government is even cooperating with them.

Think about that next time tou eat a bowl of cheerios or buy a bike or gas up your car. You cooperate with them everyday.

Free Trade touches everyone and you are just as culpable. Unless of course you grow your own food and manufacture your own PC hardware.

Careful.....your hypocracy is showing. Wouldn't want to be discrediting the left by supporting the US and Globalization.

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
Re: RE: Mark Emery will die i

darkbeaver said:
If Uncle Sam takes the grass away Uncle Sams going to pay, big time, and so will the bootlicking conservative party.

Let's have it. I can't wait! Anytime.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
First no I do not toke, and sometimes I drink, and when I do my wife drives home.
Clearing that up, let me say I am ashamed of this country.
Emery should no more be in jail than fly to the moon.
Its time we paid attention to democracy and quit being ruled by churches, and do gooder groups that want to enforce everything from smoking bans in bars to taking away junk food when we want a snack.
Its all fine to claim majority rules, however no one talks about the other important part of democracy. That is, to respect the will of the minority, its as much a part of democracy as majority rules.
There should be some rules prior to making weed legal but its time to end the silly game of court and jail and court and fine for something so silly.
Government tried to make booze illegal for a long time and it proved not to work, eventually the same will happen with weed, amd in the meantime we have ruined peoples lives for nothing.

Retired_Can_Soldier

Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
DamnGrumpy: There should be some rules prior to making weed legal but its time to end the silly game of court and jail and court and fine for something so silly. [/quote]

I agree it's time to re-evaluate our pot laws. But I think it should be controlled and taxed like alcohol and cigarettes.

Cheers
M

FiveParadox

Governor General
Dec 20, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Perhaps, then, we should urge the current Government of Canada to reconsider its position on strengthening the regulations and Acts in relation to the possession of cannabis; perhaps it would be appropriate to consider re-introducing An Act to amend the Contraventions Act and consequential amendments to other Acts (controlled substances) proposed by the previous Government of Canada. In my opinion, it was a step in the right direction.