It started out as peacekeeping but now we have to run for a place to hide
And now we want to go home because they told us all lies

Its not possible to maintain such peacekeeping in this nation
Maybe it was just the way God decided to make his own creation

We get calls and letters from are family at home
But we still have to watch out for enemy fire because we are very prone

Try your best not to show your gun you just want to do your job
Don’t try and back down because your home country would call you a slob

Would Stephen Harper send his son to war?
How would he handle it as a dad knowing his son was seeing violence and gore?

This is the eleventh line in the poem. Getting bored yet?
In pretty sure Stephen Harper is bound to get us into national debt

Did you ever think about the news reporter that go there?
I’m pretty sure that they want to be with their family in the time they have to spare

Media should by the Prime Minister with greetings
He doesn’t want to though… So in turn he just holds secret meetings.

Canada should stay out of the war and come back all the soldiers today
Sorry Stephen Harper but we are not as strong as the U.S. AND WE ARE NOT THE C.I.A

Anyways…We are only a few weeks into have a conservative party
Thank God it’s only a minor and not a majority

When your done reading this, take some time to think about Stephen Harper
It’s not to early for him to shape up and be proper

So one final question…are we really loosing or gaining more.

Is Canada really peacekeeping or fighting a politically tied war?

By: Wesley Dupley
what do u think?

Finder

House Member
Dec 18, 2005
Toronto
www.mytimenow.net
Our roll in Afcanistan can not, nor should be blamed on Harper nor the conservatives. This war, peace-making, whatever you wish to call it these days-mission, the the brain child of the Liberal party and our forces were committed by the Liberal party, the only two parties in Parliment which wanted more debate on this issue were the New Democratics and the Bloq. So the Liberals or the Liberal party the high road on this is complete B.S. as they had started this and it is only the conservatives who don't wantto make Canada look dumb by turning around and withdrawing, after our commitment was made!

I do not agree on how we are doing this mission but I agree we should have a hand in insuring peace and stability in Afcanistan, and though the party I support (The New Democrats) may end up not supportering our current role as peace makers or the clean up crew of the Americans, I however do think we need a different mission statment.

The Liberals have no right to throw stones at a policy they made and were ready to follow until they lost the election. This is not on Mr Harpers head at all but the Liberal Party and Mr Martin!

vishliberal

Nominee Member
Feb 20, 2006
TORONTO
Finder said:
Our roll in Afcanistan can not, nor should be blamed on Harper nor the conservatives. This war, peace-making, whatever you wish to call it these days-mission, the the brain child of the Liberal party and our forces were committed by the Liberal party, the only two parties in Parliment which wanted more debate on this issue were the New Democratics and the Bloq. So the Liberals or the Liberal party the high road on this is complete B.S. as they had started this and it is only the conservatives who don't wantto make Canada look dumb by turning around and withdrawing, after our commitment was made!

I do not agree on how we are doing this mission but I agree we should have a hand in insuring peace and stability in Afcanistan, and though the party I support (The New Democrats) may end up not supportering our current role as peace makers or the clean up crew of the Americans, I however do think we need a different mission statment.

The Liberals have no right to throw stones at a policy they made and were ready to follow until they lost the election. This is not on Mr Harpers head at all but the Liberal Party and Mr Martin!

You are right.

Doryman

Electoral Member
Nov 30, 2005
St. John's
vishliberal said:
Please, dont confuse yourself or other people, thats the same old tune. In fact, some liberals do support it the whole sending troops.
Also, please get your facts straight...they sent PEACEKEEPERS. You really shouldnt indicate that peacekeeping and troops are the same thing, because the two have TOTALLY different objectives. One is for resolving conflicts and encourage and the other is for war (troops). So please, get your facts straight.
A liberal did actually invent peacekeeping, Lester Pearson. He also won a Nobel prize for it buddy, thats nothing small.
Stephen Harper was the one that wanted to increase military spending, not the liberals, so once again YOU NEED TO GET THE FACTS STRAIGHT. It is totally hypocritical that the liberals are a) throwing stones at the policy? and b) that its all the Liberals fault and Paul Martins.

So, please, learn the difference between war and peacekeeping which the liberals sent then try to attack them for something their not even doing?

Peacekeepers and "troops" are the same thing... Peacekeepers are just our troops doing a certain job....

And no-one was ever sent to Afghanistan in a Peacekeeping role. They were sent to attack the Taliban. They were sent to war. What is with you people? did you only start watching the news this year? Show me ANYTHING where the government or the Military said they are going to Afghanistan as peacekeepers, please, I want to know where you're getting this stuff...

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
Vishliberal

Families who have military in Afganistan read forums - or do you care?

Whatever you think about peacekeeping vs. military action - tuck it in for now until the men and women are brought back home unless you want to use the space to say enlightening things for
people to read about their loved ones.

Plenty of time after the Canadian Military are back at home base for a discussion like this to take place - if you care about the men and women serving that is.

Finder

House Member
Dec 18, 2005
Toronto
www.mytimenow.net
vishliberal said:
Finder said:

Please, dont confuse yourself or other people, thats the same old tune. In fact, some liberals do support it the whole sending troops.
Also, please get your facts straight...they sent PEACEKEEPERS. You really shouldnt indicate that peacekeeping and troops are the same thing, because the two have TOTALLY different objectives. One is for resolving conflicts and encourage and the other is for war (troops). So please, get your facts straight.
A liberal did actually invent peacekeeping, Lester Pearson. He also won a Nobel prize for it buddy, thats nothing small.
Stephen Harper was the one that wanted to increase military spending, not the liberals, so once again YOU NEED TO GET THE FACTS STRAIGHT. It is totally hypocritical that the liberals are a) throwing stones at the policy? and b) that its all the Liberals fault and Paul Martins.

So, please, learn the difference between war and peacekeeping which the liberals sent then try to attack them for something their not even doing?

Our current deployment plan was made by the last government!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the Conservative Government not changed a thing from the Liberal plan.

So please save me, you Liberal B.S. The Liberals are just as bad as the conservatives and the first to throw stones once they are kicked out of office at their own policies. Since when in the last 2 years have our troops worn blue hemets in Afcanistan?

Finder

House Member
Dec 18, 2005
Toronto
www.mytimenow.net
http://www.cbc.ca/news/background/afghanistan/timeline.html

here you go. Of course I guess you will still blame Harper for committing Canadian troops to Afcanistan since 2002!!!! come on grow up and at least admit that the Liberals are 100% the reason why Canadian soldurers are in Afcanistan. F*&k parliment has just sat for the first time since the election and there hasn't been any time to even debate a withdrawl YET!!!

Finder

House Member
Dec 18, 2005
Toronto
www.mytimenow.net
Wednesday's Child said:
Vishliberal

Whatever you think about peacekeeping vs. military action - tuck it in for now until the men and women are brought back home unless you want to use the space to say enlightening things for

Plenty of time after the Canadian Military are back at home base for a discussion like this to take place - if you care about the men and women serving that is.

He's still wrong for blaming the Conservatives for a Liberal Government policy, just because the Liberals once they lost power started to back trek.

Mogz

Council Member
Jan 26, 2006
Edmonton
RE: Peacekeeping vs War--

Whoa here time out:

We have never been to Afghanistan as a peacekeeping force. Our mandate since 2001 has been combat operations. Our ROEs since day 1 have clearly outlined a combat stance in a warzone. I don't know where you're getting your "info" Mr. liberal, but you're utterly wrong. At what point was this "peace keeping" taking place in Afghanistan? 2001-2002 on Operation Apollo....no that was a combat operation. 2003-2004 on Operation Athena? No...no that was a combat mission in support of the Afghan National Army. 2005-Present on Operation Archer? Nope, still a combat operation. Enlighten me as to when we deployed peacekeepers to Afghanistan. Oh, and by the way. The General Campaign Star awarded to anyone who serves in Afghanistan, is awarded for, and I quote:

The GCS will be awarded to CF members and to members of allied forces working with the CF who deploy into a defined theatre of operations to take part in operations in the presence of an armed enemy.

Sassylassie

House Member
Jan 31, 2006
Mogz, I'm guessing the News Paper is only printed (in some areas of Canada) once every six years.

Finder

House Member
Dec 18, 2005
Toronto
www.mytimenow.net
Re: RE: Peacekeeping vs War--

Mogz said:
Whoa here time out:

We have never been to Afghanistan as a peacekeeping force. Our mandate since 2001 has been combat operations. Our ROEs since day 1 have clearly outlined a combat stance in a warzone. I don't know where you're getting your "info" Mr. liberal, but you're utterly wrong. At what point was this "peace keeping" taking place in Afghanistan? 2001-2002 on Operation Apollo....no that was a combat operation. 2003-2004 on Operation Athena? No...no that was a combat mission in support of the Afghan National Army. 2005-Present on Operation Archer? Nope, still a combat operation. Enlighten me as to when we deployed peacekeepers to Afghanistan. Oh, and by the way. The General Campaign Star awarded to anyone who serves in Afghanistan, is awarded for, and I quote:

The GCS will be awarded to CF members and to members of allied forces working with the CF who deploy into a defined theatre of operations to take part in operations in the presence of an armed enemy.

Thanks Mogz, I guess. lol. But the CBC timeline clearly shows and has links to the facts of Canadian deployments. I am not a fan of the Conservative Government but Liberal Bullsh*t like this is something the Conservative government does not deserve nor do the Liberals back tracking on this issue and trying to blame the Conservatives give me any reason to ever trust the Liberals.

vishliberal

Nominee Member
Feb 20, 2006
TORONTO
Apparently I was mistaken.

I am sorry to all of those who I have offended and I shall edit the post for you, and I apologise especially to finder.

vishliberal

Nominee Member
Feb 20, 2006
TORONTO
Wednesday's Child said:
Vishliberal

As for you, that first post was simply written by somebody else, I was just sharing it. Furthermore, if you have a problem with it, then dont post in the thread, because you obviously do not understand what was written.

zoofer

Council Member
Dec 31, 2005
Furthermore, if you have a problem with it, then dont post in the thread, because you obviously do not understand what was written.
Does anyone? Do you?

Rude, very rude.

vishliberal

Nominee Member
Feb 20, 2006
TORONTO
zoofer said:
Furthermore, if you have a problem with it, then dont post in the thread, because you obviously do not understand what was written.
Does anyone? Do you?

Rude, very rude.

Ok, well I must ask, did you read what she said?

i dont know how that question is in any
way relevant, because once again, I am just re-innerating.

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
My Son is over there. Supporting your hand wringing butts (not all of you are hand wringing). He's over there because he believes that we are our Brothers keeper and looking the other way not only lacks honour, but courage.

I support War in Afghanistan, until the enemy has been defeated, period. I'd say I've got as much on the line as any other family whose child Brother Father Sister or Mother has taken the hard road.

I hold a vigil for his return every day and when he does I will be in the presence of something the detractors lack. Integrity!

Proud to have served my Country. Prouder still that my Son has heeded the call.

UBIQUE QOU FAS ET GLORIA DUCUNT
EVERYWHERE THE RIGHT AND GLORY LEAD

Sassylassie

House Member
Jan 31, 2006
I enjoyed reading your post RCS, I'll pray that your son comes home safe and sound. As I do for all our lads and lassies.

Could someone explain to me what the role of a Pacifist is in society? A productive society. Personaly I don't see how sitting in a circle debating world events whilst hand wringing accomplishes anything.