Canada in Afghanistan - Top Ten Facts media ignores

Karlin

Council Member
Jun 27, 2004
http://tinyurl.com/puanx

HERE ARE TEN VERIFIABLE FACTS THE MEDIA HAS AVOIDED:

Brief Overview:
FACT #1: Jean Chretien & Canadian Corporations Involved in Trans-Afghan Pipeline
FACT #2: Gordon O'Connor, Defence Minister, Is Former Military Lobbyist
FACT #3: Current Afghan Parliament Includes Warlords and Drug Lords
FACT #4: Afghan Warlords Considered Bigger Threat Than Taliban
FACT #5: Afghan Women Face Repression Despite Removal Of Taliban
FACT #6: Elected Afghan Woman Faces Death Threats For Speaking Out
FACT #7: Since the U.S.-led War, Afghanistan Is Increasingly Hooked on Heroin
FACT #8: U.S. And Coalition Forces Using Excessive Force & Arbitrary Detention
FACT #9: Canada Complicit In Violation of Human Rights For 'War On Terror'
FACT #10: U.S. Finds More Oil and Gas Reserves After 4-Year Search

http://tinyurl.com/puanx

Expanded #1:
FACT #1: FORMER PRIME MINISTER JEAN CHRETIEN AND CANADIAN CORPORATIONS INVOLVED IN NATURAL GAS PIPELINE DEVELOPMENT THROUGH AFGHANISTAN, IN COOPERATION WITH REPRESSIVE GOVERNMENT

In 2002:
"An agreement has been signed in the Turkmen capital, Ashgabat, paving the way for construction of a gas pipeline from the Central Asian republic through Afghanistan to Pakistan. The building of the trans-Afghanistan pipeline has been under discussion for some years but plans have been held up by Afghanistan's unstable political situation. ... With improved regional security after the fall of the Taleban [sic] about a year ago, Afghanistan, Turkmenistan and Pakistan have decided to push ahead with plans for the ambitious 1,500-kilometre-long gas pipeline."
-- BBC News, Dec. 27, 2002
Available here.

Further expansion [re:"Available here"] :
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/2608713.stm

K -
Money money money. Our leaders are the ones with a hand in the conspiracy of oil and war profits. Thats how , and why, they became leader. A perc of conspiring.

Thank you Global Rsearch link! Check it out, lots of good stories.
Canada page: -
http://tinyurl.com/kh7cw[/b]

Mogz

Council Member
Jan 26, 2006
Edmonton
Most of those points are so moronic i'm not going to even waste my time with this thread.

However let me just say that #9 is the biggest load of crap i've ever heard.

This thread gets an official :roll: from me.

aeon

Council Member
Jan 17, 2006
Re: RE: Canada in Afghanistan - Top Ten Facts media ignores

Mogz said:
Most of those points are so moronic i'm not going to even waste my time with this thread.

Why are you still posting , if you just repeat what our media/gov told you to??

Mogz

Council Member
Jan 26, 2006
Edmonton
Because it's my right to post whatever I want. Also if i'm just repeating what the media/government tells me, at least they're sources of credit, unlike the sheer tripe you post which has no statistical backing or credibility.

But seriously, no one distorts my views, hence why they're my views. I believe in standing up for what I believe in, and if my views don't jive with your narrow view of the World and our society, that's your problem not mine. So either get comfortable with my posting, or don't come here.

P.S. I put no faith in the media.

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005

Mogz said:

They appear to like the Taliban and their compliancy in 9/11.

aeon

Council Member
Jan 17, 2006

Mogz said:
Because it's my right to post whatever I want. Also if i'm just repeating what the media/government tells me, at least they're sources of credit, unlike the sheer tripe you post which has no statistical backing or credibility.

But seriously, no one distorts my views, hence why they're my views. I believe in standing up for what I believe in, and if my views don't jive with your narrow view of the World and our society, that's your problem not mine. So either get comfortable with my posting, or don't come here.

P.S. I put no faith in the media.

Nice opinion but , i said that, cause i already know that position, you just have to open tv, or read the newspapers in general, they all have your position.