Does Paul Martin have any Dignity left?

Hank C

Electoral Member
Jan 4, 2006
Calgary, AB
Does Paul Martin have any dignity left after such a transparent, insulting, opportunistic, pitiful campaign?

I would bet that many people inside the Liberal party are quite disgusted with how the campaign was run, can't really blame them. I could not imagine Chretien, Mulroney or many other former leaders who would act as shameless as Paul Martin has. This man has been an embarressement to the country in his short term in office, and I for one will be glad to see him gone and out of politics. I can't wait to see his defeat speech on monday, and his final words....should be a good one.
:lol:

the caracal kid

the clan of the claw
Nov 28, 2005
www.kdm.ca
well, Chretien and Mulroney were leaders.

Martin was one of those that "inherited" the PM's office.

Perhaps only a slight difference, but a notable difference.

We will see if Monday he joins the ranks of Campbell and Turner.

Notice the parallel between "second generation" PMs and "first generation" PMs and the equiv in the business world? Gen 1 has the vision and skills to start and build the sucessful business, gen 2 runs it on inertia and learning from gen 1, and by gen 3 the business is usually in trouble.

Hank C

Electoral Member
Jan 4, 2006
Calgary, AB
Re: RE: Does Paul Martin have any Dignity left?

the caracal kid said:
well, Chretien and Mulroney were leaders.

Martin was one of those that "inherited" the PM's office.

Perhaps only a slight difference, but a notable difference.

yup, I cant argue with you there. Paul Martin's expectations when he came in where huge, I mean us Conservatives were scared....but he turned out to be nothing more than a flop!!! (A real leader would of been able to win despite of the sponsorship scandal, however the reality of 13 years or Liberal rule was also working against him)

Triple_R

Electoral Member
Jan 8, 2006
I've never liked Martin. Politicians are typically an egotistical lot, but I found that he takes the cake when it comes to arrogance. All during his Finance Minister days, he gave me this 'entitled' vibe - it seemed to me like he thought that he was nothing short of entitled to the Prime Minister position.

His highly devisive stance on "values" irks me to no end. I know a lot of good people, and good Canadians, that don't agree with him on some of the issues that he points to as "values". He's no better a person than they are; indeed, he may very well be a worse person.

All of that being said, I have to admit that he's sufficiently cast doubt on the minds of Ontario voters. I strongly doubt a liberal implosion at this point, which was what I half-expected about a week ago.

Now, I think that you'll simply see the Conservatives and Liberals switch places. The Librals will be just shy of 100 seats, and the Conservatives will have over 120. Sad to say, but there's a significant number of Canadians that actually seem to buy Paul Martin's garbage, and even like him.

Semperfi_dani

Electoral Member
Nov 1, 2005
Edmonton
RE: Does Paul Martin have

I find it rather sad really. I mean, here is a man that on paper should have everything going for him. He was the son of a popular Liberal leader in his day, defeated by Trudeau (or Pearson and his protegees). He was arguably the most successful and popular Fianance Minister. He had on paper everything going for him.

But he just sortof deflated. I guess when the bar is set high, you can never achieve it.

But i guess when you coup the king instead of inheriting the title, than your support will always be shaky.

Citizen

Electoral Member
Jan 6, 2006
Re: RE: Does Paul Martin have any Dignity left?

the caracal kid said:
Gen 1 has the vision and skills to start and build the sucessful business, gen 2 runs it on inertia and learning from gen 1, and by gen 3 the business is usually in trouble.

There's an old Oriental adage to the effect that wealth lasts no longer than 3 generations. The Eaton family bears that out.

Hank C

Electoral Member
Jan 4, 2006
Calgary, AB
I am sure that old bastard Chretien is highly amused at his successor....I mean Paul Martin kept pushing and pushing him to become PM ASAP, now look at him....shrivel'd up and dying, nothing left but viscious attacks unintentionally stripping himself of his own personal dignity.

Citizen

Electoral Member
Jan 6, 2006
Hank C said:
I am sure that old bastard Chretien is highly amused at his successor....I mean Paul Martin kept pushing and pushing him to become PM ASAP, now look at him....shrivel'd up and dying, nothing left but viscious attacks unintentionally stripping himself of his own personal dignity.

A worse fate would be to enjoy watching such a scenario.
:roll:

I'm sure Chretien knew exactly what he was doing when he "retired", knew the exact moment when to do so, and knew who would be left with his fall out.

jerry

Jan 17, 2006
The thing that puzzles me is how come we could'nt see how much of an insignificant piece of s*** he was. Now it seems so obvious.

When he was finance minister, we thought he had such great ideas even if he had never said a word about his vision for the future. The truth was that he did'nt have any ideas then and 2 elections as leader, he still does'nt have any.

And that puppy dog face he has makes people think he is so sincere when he is probably the biggest hypocrite we ever had as prime minister. You think that he called the Gomery inquiry because he cared about the sponsorship scandal, he did it just so he could humiliate Chretien people, i am glad it exploded on his big phoney face.

As if he cared for gay marriage, abortion. The guy was actually against gay marriage and for the war in Iraq but was to much of a coward to say it and is now trying to say Harper is dangerous because he supported those things.

I could write a book on how much i hate this guy but i guess it's enough for tonite.

Hank C

Electoral Member
Jan 4, 2006
Calgary, AB
haha, Paul Martin is nothing more than swine, worthy of being dropped of the CN tower. I can't wait to see his face after the loss.