A "what if?" Canada question

unclepercy

Electoral Member
Jun 4, 2005
Baja Canada
What if...Alberta did something that made British Columbia furious?
Someone outrageous and worthy of a big legal battle - like claiming part of BC actually belonged to Alberta.

A huge controversy arises - who settles it? In the states, this has come up. The Sabine River Debate went to the Supreme Court and was decided in favor of Lousiana and against Texas.

What is the equivalent of the Supreme Court in Canada?

Uncle

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
http://www.scc-csc.gc.ca/Welcome/index_e.asp

Santa?

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
I like the Crest of Canada above their heads. Here it is again....

no1important

Time Out
Jan 9, 2003
Vancouver
members.shaw.ca
RE: A "what if?" Canada q

I thought Beverley McLachlin, P.C. Chief Justice of Canada would of made a good Governor General. She actually gave Royal Assent to the SSM legaslation as is part of her job when GG is unavailble.

I think the red and white looks good, nothing wrong with colour, plus they do not wear those clothes in the courtroom.

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
Re: RE: A "what if?" Canada q

no1important said:
I think the red and white looks good, nothing wrong with colour, plus they do not wear those clothes in the courtroom.

No, they don't wear them in the court room, but the only thing in that picture stopping them from not actually being "Santa" is they aren't wearing white beards.

Good one ITN.

(That's all he's got on us though....) :p

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
I think not said:
I was just kidding around. Although I have to agree with Cosmo, I'd sit on her lap also. It's the old chicken that has the juice. :p

OMG!!

no1important

Time Out
Jan 9, 2003
Vancouver
members.shaw.ca

Jay said:
no1important said:

No, they don't wear them in the court room, but the only thing in that picture stopping them from not actually being "Santa" is they aren't wearing white beards.

Good one ITN.

I admit, they do look like santa and just need white beards. ha ha

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005

no1important said:
Jay said:
no1important said:

Good one ITN.

I admit, they do look like santa and just need white beards. ha ha

gotta admit.........they are just sooooo cute.. ;-)

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
A couple of posters are hot for the old judge and Ocean is hot for the smilies and ALL the judges....

I think this thread is going to the gutter... :)

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
Re: RE: A "what if?" Canada question

Jay said:
A couple of posters are hot for the old judge and Ocean is hot for the smilies and ALL the judges....

I think this thread is going to the gutter... :)

what was your first clue?? :wink: