The Harperites

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
I watched Question Period today, like I do on many days, and I was wondering....WHEN THE FECK ARE WE GOING TO GET AN OFFICIAL OPPOSITION THAT DOES ITS FECKING JOB?!!!

Christ, these guys have no interest in addressing actual policy. All they do is scandal monger and yell and scream. Not only don't they look like a viable government in waiting, they don't even look like adults. They act like a herd of junior high kids with a substitute teacher. They have no manners, no pride, no intelligence, and no idea how to act outside of a Chuckee feckin' Cheese.

no1important

Time Out
Jan 9, 2003
Vancouver
members.shaw.ca
It is Bizzare. They always seemed more interested in bringing down the government and forcing an election that they will more than likely have fewer seats.

From what I have seen, Harper if he were to ever win would be the worst PM in Canada's history. All they have done is bitch and whine and be very counterproductive since the last election.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
Momsie said:
Sounds like your talking about the whole Parliment Rev

Not really. The NDP and the BQ ask critical questions pertaining to policy and running the country. Even Carolyn Parrish went after the Liberals today. All the Conservatives do is blather on about scandal and whine like babies because they aren't in power.

No1 said:
It is Bizzare. They always seemed more interested in bringing down the government and forcing an election that they will more than likely have fewer seats.

There was an internal poll released a while ago that showed Harper gaining. It contradicts all the other polls that show him stagnant or dropping slightly, but no doubt it is playing a role in this.

The thing about that internal poll is that it was released when party insiders were calling for Harper's head, and I got the feeling that it was manufactured to play to the core supporters so Harper wouldn't lose more support from within the party. Now the Harperites seem to be believing a poll they manufactured themselves.

No1 said:
From what I have seen, Harper if he were to ever win would be the worst PM in Canada's history. All they have done is bitch and whine and be very counterproductive since the last election.

I get that feeling too. He'll never win a majority...not even if Martin gets caught in bed with a dead girl and a live boy at the same time. The other parties don't trust him and won't work with him. If he did get elected it would be as a minority. I bet that government would fall faster than Clark's did.

Andygal

Electoral Member
May 13, 2005
BC
I get that feeling too. He'll never win a majority...not even if Martin gets caught in bed with a dead girl and a live boy at the same time. The other parties don't trust him and won't work with him. If he did get elected it would be as a minority. I bet that government would fall faster than Clark's did.

No kidding!, the NDP, the Liberals and the Bloc would all be on him in about 2 seconds flat and he wouldn't last past the first oppurtunity they had to get a cofidence vote. So he's wasting his time and should move to the US where his views would fit right in.

mrmom2

Senate Member
Mar 8, 2005
Kamloops BC
I'm with you on that one Pea that girl makes me feel like an old dumb ass :lol: Keep up the good work Andygal 8)

Texas1

Electoral Member
Sep 23, 2005
God i have a funny feeling a session of Kumbyah is coming, you GUYS are sickening.

mrmom2

Senate Member
Mar 8, 2005
Kamloops BC
Hey Texas why arn't you out guarding your wide open border with the minute men :? You know the one your hero Bush has opened up to the terrorists 8O

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
He's too busy trying to convince us to vote for the Republican Party North, Mr. Mom. Besides, all the Bushites know that terrorism is good for business.

zenfisher

House Member
Sep 12, 2004
Seattle
Andygal said:
So he's wasting his time and should move to the US where his views would fit right in.

We have more than enough like him down here :evil: Thank you very much...you can keep him.

Andygal

Electoral Member
May 13, 2005
BC
oh I must insist you take him, it's not nice to keep an endangered species out of its natural habitat after all :D

Jo Canadian

Council Member
Mar 15, 2005
PEI...for now
Reverend Blair said:
They act like a herd of junior high kids with a substitute teacher....

The NDP and the BQ ask critical questions pertaining to policy and running the country. Even Carolyn Parrish went after the Liberals today. All the Conservatives do is blather on about scandal and whine like babies because they aren't in power.

:lol: I like the Analogy, If I remember Jr. High correctly the NDP and the BQ would be the equivilant of the Nerdy kids that no one listens to, whilest all the popular kids goof off...Perhaps prescribing Ridalin to the main parties may actually change the atmosphere, after all if they were still in school they'd be diagnosed with ADHD.

LeftCoast

Electoral Member
Jun 16, 2005
Vancouver
Rev.

If the Conservatives asked policy related questions it would reveal to all of Canada where they actually stand on issues enough to scare the crap out of everyone. Result = Liberal Majority.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
I'm not so sure about that, LeftCoast. There are a certain number of voters that will support the Conservatives no matter what. There are also a certain number of seats where the contest is between the Conservatives and the NDP.

Combine that with a large number of Canadians who are fed up with the Liberals, but vote Liberal out of a fear of Stephen Harper, and it could shift votes towards the NDP or one of the fringe parties.

I know that historically when people have learned the truth about the Conservatives, it has led to a Liberal majority, usually costing the NDP seats as well. I think that dynamic might be changing though.

At any rate, I'd really like to watch Question Period some day and see some actual policy questioned instead seeing the endless scandal-mongering.

Hank C Cheyenne

Electoral Member
Sep 17, 2005
Calgary, Alberta.
I like the Analogy, If I remember Jr. High correctly the NDP and the BQ would be the equivilant of the Nerdy kids that no one listens to, whilest all the popular kids goof off...Perhaps prescribing Ridalin to the main parties may actually change the atmosphere, after all if they were still in school they'd be diagnosed with ADHD.

hahahaha good analogy....the conservatives and liberals fight like morons while rightfully no one will listen to the stupid fringe parties...... Geez....... although I really enjoyed watching question period last spring! ....except for the part of having to see Paul Martins face uuuuuughh.... looks like a rasin dipped in bleach.

splinters

Sep 3, 2005
Montreal Kebec
Reverend Blair said:
...Combine that with a large number of Canadians who are fed up with the Liberals, but vote Liberal out of a fear of Stephen Harper, and it could shift votes towards the NDP or one of the fringe parties.

I know I've certainly seen an increasing amount of fleur de lis-wear here since the gomery inquiry and now since the gg's been appointed,
whether out of pride of her or pride of the province in opposition to Paul's play.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
Quebec is a special case though, Splinters. The Liberals aren't far from being reduced to their minimum there, and only the Liberals and the Bloc have a realistic chance of winning seats.

The Conservatives aren't a factor there.

The Conservatives could, realistically, be reduced to being a regional party like the BQ if they continue to alienate Canadians though.

splinters

Sep 3, 2005
Montreal Kebec
Well it's not exactly like the Conservatives can come off as attractive now that they've attracted attention to themselves with the hidieous beast. Once you've brought a crappy casserol to the potluck once, people are much more hesitant in trying your cuisine again.
Really, playing the church card can't help them enough in this day where those who dip their toes in the pool connect the right wing with war and business interests.
At least, not in my neck of Canada.