listen up

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
The board will be making changes, Andem will be telling you what they will be. I can tell you that he neither wants a right wing board or a left wing board. In the end this is his board, so he has the final say.

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
With a name like "canadiancontent" you would expect the board not to fall into one of those categories.

mrmom2

Senate Member
Mar 8, 2005
Kamloops BC
You guys got to be kidding 8O This board has been split as bad as the US :p The shit flying between the right and left has been very smelly indeed :lol: This is exactly what we are being sold by the coporate media and I'm very dismayed to see so many of you buying into what you've been sold .A suggestion turn off your TV for a week you'll see what I'm talking about :wink:

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
mrmom2 said:
You guys got to be kidding 8O This board has been split as bad as the US :p

It appears that the whole country is as split as the US is right now. I suppose it is a sign of the times…

Jo Canadian

Council Member
Mar 15, 2005
PEI...for now
I kind of like having members that represent the many different fascets in Canada: We have our left, right, north/south, monarchists, separatist, fedaralists, immigrants, their decendents, french, dutch, stoners, gay, straight, clean, dirty, hard working, slackers.

It wouldn't be Canadian content if we didn't have representation of everyone. As long as we're capeable of discourse that we as Canadians are stereotyped as, then I'm sure that the debates and conversations will always remain interesting.

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
Re: RE: listen up

Reverend Blair said:
It's not just a sales job, Mom. There is a fundamental split in the direction the right and the left want Canada to go.

I would have to agree with that.

Ten Packs

Council Member
Nov 21, 2004
Kamloops BC
Just promise me there will be a new rule that anyone posting links without using the URL tags will be banished to the "Recipes" thread.....

mrmom2 said:
You guys got to be kidding 8O This board has been split as bad as the US :p The shit flying between the right and left has been very smelly indeed :lol: This is exactly what we are being sold by the coporate media and I'm very dismayed to see so many of you buying into what you've been sold .A suggestion turn off your TV for a week you'll see what I'm talking about :wink:

It is no where near as bad as some other boards. I have very much enjoyed reading the various and numerous posts and threads you folks have going. A good healty and sometimes heated debate is a good thing just step on the ones that go over the top.

I do not own a televison set any more. Radio and the internet seem to do the trick nicely for information.........

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005

Ten Packs said:
Just promise me there will be a new rule that anyone posting links without using the URL tags will be banished to the "Recipes" thread.....

You have a real problem with that one eh? :)

mrmom2

Senate Member
Mar 8, 2005
Kamloops BC
Ask yourself this Rev why all of sudden is there this split .It just happened :? Nothing ever happens unless theres a reason for it .I beleive were being spoon fed this shit to keep us from looking at the real issues af how the Goverment is running around behind our backs enacting laws that take away our money and freedoms.This is all being done by design my friend :wink:

Ten Packs

Council Member
Nov 21, 2004
Kamloops BC

Jay said:
Ten Packs said:

You have a real problem with that one eh? :)

Yeah, I do, Jay - to go to the link A) you have to c/p the link and post it to your drop-down, and B) then the friggin' thing is stuck there for a million years.

Pain in the ass.... I almost never follow them up. I bet lots of others don't either. Simple laziness on the part of the person posting the link.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
I know.

I haven't really got those types of maternal juices. I'm not particularily frew-frew. I attempted to also be facetious and was unable to pull it off. Oh well.

Frew- frew: Really girlie girl. frightened of spiders. loves flower prints. bows and ribbons.etc

Wetcoast40

Electoral Member
Feb 21, 2005
Lesser Vancouver
I can't get too worked up about the left-right political biases of posters to this forum. Having viewed the various other forums available, this one is pretty civilized. My question is "What brought this on?".