Our So Called Leaders Are Pathetic

mrmom2

Senate Member
Mar 8, 2005
Kamloops BC
Did anybody else see that pathetic display of our leaders showing up in the Netherlands yesterday a day late :x What a f..king joke the made our whole country look like complete assholes .They should all be shot and pissed upon .This was not about politics the selfish bastsards .What a clown show we have running our country :evil: The Canadian people should not show up at the next election polls just to show these pricks who's the boss because they sure don't seem to know that 8O

DasFX

Electoral Member
Dec 6, 2004
Whitby, Ontario
It was deplorable. I mean, you see them showing up to empty streets as they are taking everything down.

I still don't understand the whole argument that Mr. Martin was using. Fist of all, it was a Sunday, secondly the opposition would never take down the government by trying to take advantage of VE day, somehow that wouldn't play very well during the campaign. Also, how good would it have looked if Mr. Martin has said "Screw it, I'm going to give honour to our veterans and if the opposition is evil enough to take advantage of it, then so be it." That is what should have happened.

What the Veterans should have done was reenact one of their German battles using those 4 idiots as the Germans.

galianomama

Council Member
Jun 29, 2004
Victoria, B.C.
made a complete mockery out of the whole point of the service. what a bunch of idiots....the whole lot. and then they played the whole 'point the finger game' at a press conference. shameful.

god, if i was their mom i would have kicked their asses out of there so fast .......acckkk :evil:

mrmom2

Senate Member
Mar 8, 2005
Kamloops BC
:lol: :lol: Thats an excellent idea Das 8) They sure made us all look like fools in front of the rest of the world :x I'm sure Rick got a good laugh out of those bafoons :wink:

galianomama

Council Member
Jun 29, 2004
Victoria, B.C.
Also, how good would it have looked if Mr. Martin has said "Screw it, I'm going to give honour to our veterans and if the opposition is evil enough to take advantage of it, then so be it." That is what should have happened.

yup, he would have showed himself to be a 'leader' for a change.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
I still don't understand the whole argument that Mr. Martin was using. Fist of all, it was a Sunday,

Being at the opening of the museum would theoretically get him votes...at least I think that's what his handlers must have been thinking. I'm not saying that they were right to think that, but it's the only explanation I can come up with for their buffoonery.

secondly the opposition would never take down the government by trying to take advantage of VE day

Yes they would...in the blink of an eye. Harper and Duceppe want to defeat the Liberals so badly that it's hilarious to watch. So what though? It would be one more thing to kick the crap out of Harper with during the campaign.

made a complete mockery out of the whole point of the service. what a bunch of idiots....the whole lot. and then they played the whole 'point the finger game' at a press conference. shameful.

I thought the press conference was excellent. The only thing that could have made it better would have been if they wrestled in a kiddie pool full of coleslaw, or maybe if they had a pie fight.

I'm sorry to see that some of you are still taking this seriously. These fools are there for our entertainment only at this point. It's like watching Wild Kingdom and waiting for Marlin to make Jim wrestle with the rhino.

mrmom2

Senate Member
Mar 8, 2005
Kamloops BC
Sorry Rev but i don't find these guys embarrasing the whole country in front of world entertaining .It just shows what a pathetic bunch of morons we have running our country .As a business man or other world leader would you want to work with these incompatents? 8O

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
RE: Our So Called Leaders

Every country has its share of embarrassing idiots for leaders, Mom...look around the world. The US has George Bush, Britain has Tony Blair, France has Chirac. We've all been electing fools for years...it's living proof of the Peter Principle.

mrmom2

Senate Member
Mar 8, 2005
Kamloops BC
That maybe true Rev but every leader of major partys looking like total fools in the eyes of the world I've never seen that out of any other country in the world :x It's a total embarassment for the whole country and a black eye too :roll: This country is being run by total incompetents and I'm sick of it :evil: Sorry Rev there is no excuse for these assholes 8O

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg

I'm not making excuses for them, just saying that you may as well kick back and enjoy the ride.

It kind of breaks down like this...

Every party has policy people that come up with platforms and so on. That's how the country gets run, for better or for worse.

Every party has political people...the spinners and the backroom boys who are in charge of getting people elected.

There is always some overlap, but since they got back from x-mas break it has been the political people running things for the Conservatives and the BQ. The Liberals never decided who was running things until Martin's speech. The NDP's political faction made the very political decision to put the policy people in charge so they could appear to remain above the fray.

To make things even worse Harper and senior members of the Conservatives have had way too much input into both the policy and political decisions in their party, so his ego is on the line no matter what happens. Martin was that way too involved until somebody whacked him into that chair and made him give that speech. That has made things become intensely personal.

To top it all off, nobody outside of the NDP has any idea how to behave in a minority government. I doubt the NDP know for any noble reason, like party history, although they should. I think that Broadbent likely had to step in and explain things to them though. I think he would have announced his retirement earlier, and have been away a lot more, except that he was babysitting the youngsters.

Jo Canadian

Council Member
Mar 15, 2005
PEI...for now

bletchley

May 13, 2005
Toronto
Martin should be embarassed about that absense.

I voted for him, but he's turned out to be nothing short of a waffeling PM. I'm hopeful Harper will get his shot at being a PM in a minority government.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg

What does he have to be embarrassed about, bletchley? It's not like he was missing or anything, we know where he was and what he was doing. What he was doing was something positive too, thanks to the NDP. It's so positive that Stephen Harper has quietly (so as not to piss off his anti-child base) said that he will honour all of these agreements.

Andygal

Electoral Member
May 13, 2005
BC

It seems that most of the postive things that have been getting done have been because of the NDP, and in spite of Harper's childish and immature tantrum-throwing and sabatoge of anything useful that might happen in the House Of Commons.

The NDP are the only ones still making an honest attempt to get things done, the rest are just bickering.

That's one large reason I'll be voting NDP, seeing how they've handled themselves has given me a lot of respect for Layton.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg

I don't know which riding you're in, Andy, but I do know that there are several in BC that the NDP lost by less than 5% because people were so afraid of the Conservatives that they voted Liberal.

The same thing happened in the riding in Saskatchewan where I grew up.

Hopefully this time around people won't do that. I've seen some estimates where the NDP lost as many as 17 seats last time to strategic voting. I really can't blame people for that, Harper scares the crap out of me too, so I can understand how people who don't follow what's going on in their ridings could easily make that choice. Given our crappy media coverage it isn't surprising that people don't understand.

If you can go work for your NDP candidate, Andy. It's shitty work and if you're lucky you'll get cold pizza for your efforts, but it's worth every second if it changes things even just a bit.

Andygal

Electoral Member
May 13, 2005
BC

I've been thinking about that. I've got Provincial Exams this year, so I'll be busy the next few weeks, but I might find some time. I'm currently talking to my Dad, who normally votes Green in these things, trying to get him to take a look at the NDP website. He agrees with me on a lot of things, I'm hoping he might vote NDP too.
I live in Vancouver.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
I live in Vancouver.

Oh, you poor thing. :wink:

If you can convince your dad, you can convince anybody. Dads are always the hardest.

Did they bring back provincial exams in BC or did they keep them? We had them in Saskatchewan until I was in grade 10. When they took them away, there was no longer an incentive to show up sober because you couldn't score that last week off by doing well.

Andygal

Electoral Member
May 13, 2005
BC

they kept them I think. And they just started giving some to Grade 10s as well as in Grade 12.

I'm glad they did that AFTER I went through Grade 10.