Liberal Party corrupt to it's core.

tibear

Electoral Member
Jan 25, 2005
Unbelieveable.

Sorry, I should have said, completely believable from this corrupt government.

MMMike

Council Member
Mar 21, 2005
Toronto
I think it has been obvious for a while that the Liberal party orchestrated this massive kickback scheme - no surprise here. Out of curiousity, where did you get the details of the testimony on Thursday - I thought it was sealed?

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
Yet, this is what we have to settle for. Given the choice between being robbed or having a depraved morality forced upon you...well I have to choose the robbery.

crit13

Electoral Member
Mar 28, 2005
Whitby, Ontario
Yet, this is what we have to settle for. Given the choice between being robbed or having a depraved morality forced upon you...well I have to choose the robbery.

So you would rather live with a government that you know has been robbing you, is currently robbing you and will continue to rob you until the day you die over any other party?

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
Unfortuneately yes. This is what you don't seem to understand. You presume that most of us endorse the liberals, well we don't! But if it has to be a choice between liberals and conservatives well than its going to be liberals.

Get rid of the alliance in your party, and get rid of the religion, which does not belong in government, and you would probally get the vote.

Gonzo

Electoral Member
Dec 5, 2004
Was Victoria, now Ottawa
Most Canadians have not forgotten Mulroney and Defienbaker. You seem to think that you can elect a government that isn't corrupt. Well then, vote NDP. Because the Conservatives are the most corrupt of them all. DO you think corporate welfare isn't corrupt? Do we want a government that will throw us back 50 years and sell us to the US?

Jay

Executive Branch Member
Jan 7, 2005
peapod said:
Unfortuneately yes. This is what you don't seem to understand. You presume that most of us endorse the liberals, well we don't! But if it has to be a choice between liberals and conservatives well than its going to be liberals.

Get rid of the alliance in your party, and get rid of the religion, which does not belong in government, and you would probally get the vote.

http://laws.justice.gc.ca/en/charter/

"Whereas Canada is founded upon principles that recognize the supremacy of God and the rule of law:"

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
Here is the funny thing in all of this, to me at least anyway. I actually find the morals of the conservative party a afront to any person that can actually think. Get rid of that "religious" disease you have in your party and you might find the votes you are looking for.

You act like your the only people appalled by what has been done with our tax dollars, well your not, and I am not happy having to choose thiefs, but I will pick a thief any day over a religious zealot trying to impose their morality onto to me. And I view the morality as depraved. Sorry, but that is exactly how I see it...depraved!

crit13

Electoral Member
Mar 28, 2005
Whitby, Ontario
You act like your the only people appalled by what has been done towith our tax dollars, well your not, and I am not happy having to choose thiefs, but I will pick a thief any day over a religious zealot trying to impose their morality onto to me. And I view the morality as depraved. Sorry, but that is exactly how I see it...depraved!

That's a very cynical attitude to have. Your making out the Conservative party to be some kind of religious cult.

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
Well crit that is exactly what it looks like to me. Especially with members like tibear. You only view what I say as fodder for argument. But in truth his views and others like him in the conservative party are past their time, they belong in the stoneage.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
RE: Liberal Party corrupt

Consider that the leak showed up on a Repulican blog and it is the Conservative Party with the connections to the Republican Party, the fact that this was leaked shows that Conservative Party is corrupt and will break laws for political reasons.

MMMike

Council Member
Mar 21, 2005
Toronto
This argument is ridiculous: which party is more corrupt. The answer is that they all have equal potential for corruption. Power corrupts. The longer a party remains in party, and the less checks (like a strong opposition party) on that power, the more corruption. I don't care which party it is; it applies equally.

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
Of course the argument is ridiculous. But thats what this is all about, dumb ass games played by all of us. Its got nothing to do with solving any actual problems..Its all about egos and me me me and how can me, myself and I benefit. Its all blah! Wouldn't be something if someone of actual substance came along to actually lead people.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg

Actually the argument is that the Conservative Party is already as corrupt as the Liberals. I've cited examples.

The truth is that there is very little difference between these two parties except for the socially regressive policies of the Conservatives. That goes for their corporate connections...only the players are different, the play itself remains the same.

no1important

Time Out
Jan 9, 2003
Vancouver
members.shaw.ca

From what I have read from American press that broke the publication ban, and if they are true Chretien and his brother deserve to go to jail for a long time.

In my personnel opinion, there are an awful lot of corrupt politicians and most of the corruptness is covered up.

crit13

Electoral Member
Mar 28, 2005
Whitby, Ontario
Consider that the leak showed up on a Repulican blog and it is the Conservative Party with the connections to the Republican Party, the fact that this was leaked shows that Conservative Party is corrupt and will break laws for political reasons.

Or a different spin would be that both Republican and Democratic sites had the opportunity to post it but the Democratic sites as usual decided to withhold damning information that would make their ilk look bad.

That to me shows left wingers are happy to hide corruption within their ranks so that they can continue to suck the blood out of the populace.

peapod

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2004
pumpkin pie bungalow
Good luck trying to sell that one to canadians, but than you already tried to and the canadian voters said blah! I think that was a no :p :lol: :lol: :lol:

MMMike

Council Member
Mar 21, 2005
Toronto
Re: RE: Liberal Party corrupt

Reverend Blair said:

You should be more concerned about the allegations of taxpayer fraud and kickback schemes than who leaked out the information.