Mexico and Canada, not overseas

dumpthemonarchy

House Member
Jan 18, 2005
Vancouver
www.cynicsunlimited.com
North America, South America, Central America, Latin America and the Americas. What is a continent, region or a landmass?

When the media uses a term like North America, Mexicans, Cubans and Salvadorans are not included as North Americans. The media has never designated Fidel Castro as a North American. North America as a continent seems to engulf Central America.

The Vancouver Sun newspaper, in the business section, under the heading Overseas, lists Amsterdam, London, Sydney, Milan, and Mexico. All correct except Mexico, a place we can drive to from Canada.

The gulf between the nations of North America and Latin America is wide, but there is no ocean, bay or body of water intervening. Mexico feels overseas to Canadians, so it is expressed thus.

dumpthemonarchy

House Member
Jan 18, 2005
Vancouver
www.cynicsunlimited.com
North America, South America, Central America, Latin America and the Americas. What is a continent, region or a landmass?

When the media uses a term like North America, Mexicans, Cubans and Salvadorans are not included as North Americans. The media has never designated Fidel Castro as a North American. North America as a continent seems to engulf Central America.

The Vancouver Sun newspaper, in the business section, under the heading Overseas, lists Amsterdam, London, Sydney, Milan, and Mexico. All correct except Mexico, a place we can drive to from Canada.

The gulf between the nations of North America and Latin America is wide, but there is no ocean, bay or body of water intervening. Mexico feels overseas to Canadians, so it is expressed thus.

dumpthemonarchy

House Member
Jan 18, 2005
Vancouver
www.cynicsunlimited.com

Someone

Nominee Member
Dec 31, 2004
I'm with you on that one, Newbie. I don't even know if the gulf between North America and Latin America is that wide. I mean, the English-French gulf in Canada and the white/black/Hispanic gulf in USA both make for an overall continuous spectrum.

I've thought about just one country called America. With about 900 million people and 4 official languages: English, Spanish, French, and Portuguese. Let's face it, the colonists drew borders that are NOTHING MORE THAN ARBITRARY!!!! Hey, we would be the most powerful country in the world BY FAR!!! Yet, we would still have fewer people than either India or China.

HELLO, CANADA!!!! MEXICO IS NOT OVERSEAS TO YOU!!

By the way, I'm from California. Thank You. Gracias. Merci. Obrigado.

Someone

Nominee Member
Dec 31, 2004
I'm with you on that one, Newbie. I don't even know if the gulf between North America and Latin America is that wide. I mean, the English-French gulf in Canada and the white/black/Hispanic gulf in USA both make for an overall continuous spectrum.

I've thought about just one country called America. With about 900 million people and 4 official languages: English, Spanish, French, and Portuguese. Let's face it, the colonists drew borders that are NOTHING MORE THAN ARBITRARY!!!! Hey, we would be the most powerful country in the world BY FAR!!! Yet, we would still have fewer people than either India or China.

Someone

Nominee Member
Dec 31, 2004

dumpthemonarchy

House Member
Jan 18, 2005
Vancouver
www.cynicsunlimited.com
Mexico seems to feel overseas, those lazy partying people that are so different from us that seem to want to avoid work. The upcoming pseudo-holiday Valentines Day is now an event/festival/fiesta that has gotten much bigger over the years.

I saw an episode of the Simpsons where in a town meeting the men storm out and a Mexican rases his voice in "ole" to signify the feeling of the group. Why a Mexican here?

dumpthemonarchy

House Member
Jan 18, 2005
Vancouver
www.cynicsunlimited.com
Mexico seems to feel overseas, those lazy partying people that are so different from us that seem to want to avoid work. The upcoming pseudo-holiday Valentines Day is now an event/festival/fiesta that has gotten much bigger over the years.

I saw an episode of the Simpsons where in a town meeting the men storm out and a Mexican rases his voice in "ole" to signify the feeling of the group. Why a Mexican here?

dumpthemonarchy

House Member
Jan 18, 2005
Vancouver
www.cynicsunlimited.com

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
RE: Mexico and Canada, no

That will not happen as long as the basis of power lay in the US with all that entails

Shouldn't that have been entrails, Rev?

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
RE: Mexico and Canada, no

That will not happen as long as the basis of power lay in the US with all that entails

Shouldn't that have been entrails, Rev?