Numure....Buddy

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
Numure, I hope you don't mind you singling you out, but you do have this guy's picture, complete with creepy eyes, as your signature.

I just finished watching the English debate. Last night I watched the French one. I'm an anglophone, a western Canadian. I spend at least a few hours a week sitting in bars with people with scarlett necks. I hate the idea that we have a party in the House of Commons who wants to destroy Canada. The fact that the Bloq wants to separate bothers me too, of course, but I never miss a chance to take a shot a Stephen Harper. :wink:

Can you and Gilles Duceppe drop this whole separtist thing though? The man clearly won the French debate (expected) but tonight he went on to win the English debate (completely unexpected). He's eloquent, smart, has vision, and is quick with a phrase. I don't agree with all he says and definitely don't agree with his main standpoint, but if we're just picking leaders then he's the winner.

Numure

Council Member
Apr 30, 2004
Montréal, Québec
heh Thanks, I guess :) He is a great man. A British Mother, and Nationalist father. He is a frank, upfront man. He thinks what he says, and says what he thinks. But I doubt I, or him, will drop our ultimate goal with the current federal model. It just doesnt allow our Nation to developpe the way we want it to developpe. To control our own destiny. If the day comes that the current Canadian Federal model is changed (completly), and we have the power to power our own destiny, I shall drop my seperatist aspiration and so shall many.

What I liked about the english debate, is how the word quebec popped up everywhere. Finaly, all leaders recognise that quebec is fundamentaly different then the rest of Canada. The debate tonight, showed it. :)

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
Don't guess, I really do mean it. He's the one who has shown true leadership in the debates. That kind of irks me, but credit where credit is due.

If Duceppe were a member of any of the national parties he would have made major strides to being the next Prime Minister in the last two nights. You should be extremely happy to have him representing you.

Because I want to keep Quebec in Canada he scares the crap out of me, but that does not keep me from admiring his performance.