Three people captured in regards to school firebombing

gnuman

Electoral Member
Dec 4, 2002
Montreal, Quebec
As the news hit across Canada that they were looking for the peopel responsible for firebombing an elementary school library in Montreal, so far police have captured 3 people responisble for this heinous act. There might be a few more people who also acted with hate for firebombing a Jewish Elementary school library.

http://www.cfcf.ca/cfcf/news/cfcf#news_494 (news about the capture of 3 people)

Turns out that the people who were responisble for this act were 3 Arabs. 2 teenagers, and one of their kids mother. The group will be charged for hate crime and other charges will be laid against them.

This is not the point, Canada will probably have a somewhat relaxed stance on this matter, unless there is a surprise in this issue. It is one thing to say you hate someone but to get it into teenagers heads and carry out a hate crime to ELEMENTARY school children is a different thing. You make the kids fear going to school thinking that something else will happen. These kids aren't taught to hate Arabs nor are they told anything about middle east politics. They go home happy that they learned something in school and can't wait to go back.

What that group did was dispicable. You do not go to a school where a bunch of small kids go and firebomb their library. These three people should be deported to whatever country they came from because they are sick. There should be a greater stance on this issue because these people were told exactly what to do. Yes big deal they were teenagers, yes teenagers do stupid things but this is beyond stupid.

What these people have done is make their fellow members of their community look bad. Don't reply with this post saying the war on terror or any american coined keywords like terrorists. If you want to blame the war on terrorism for these people doing those acts then fine by me.

These teens were instructed what to do and if they can't "behave" like normal citizens then maybe they shouldn't be citizens of this multicultural country. These heinous acts are caused by a few people and not by the whole group, (meaning not all Arabs will do such heinous acts but they are "blamed" on it by a few of these people who would do this act); like back in the 1940s-1960s saying that all Germans were Nazis.

Those kids are probably scared to go to school because of that selfishness and stupidity from the people responsible for this act. They should be severly punished and should face a long jailtime in this matter. If they aren't originally from Canada, then they should have their citizenship revoked and removed from the country. I'm sure there are plenty of other people who would love to become Canadian citizens and appreciate that they are getting away from the war and violence in their country.

Numure

Council Member
Apr 30, 2004
Montréal, Québec
Does three people are actually born hear, mind you. Though the mother isnt. Thery shouldnt be deported and should only be charged with arson. Thats the crime they commited, arson. Kinda expected, when just a few weeks before the jews we're asking us to stop the immigration of arabs, and start deporting them. Both are quite racist and violent towards each other, but the jews are the worse of both.

gnuman

Electoral Member
Dec 4, 2002
Montreal, Quebec
I kinda beg to differ on your response. Yes there should be stiffer rules on allowing immigrants to come here whether arab, jewish, mexican or what not.

Violence and racism towards arabs and jews in Canada? I don't see violence here regardless of the situation in the Middle East, I'm talking about Canada.

But that is not arson, when you firebomb a school library where little kids go to learn there. What's next?

What they did is wrong, Americans would call that an act of terrorism, I for one do not. I call it stupidity and hateful. Not only did they do it to a school, they probably scared the kids.

For a crime like that they should face the maximum penalties. Its not spray painting a swastika on a wall its beyond that. What if there were kids in the school it sounds like you are justifying that because of the middle east events its ok.

moghrabi

House Member
May 25, 2004
Canada
Please people do not confuse Arabs with the nationality of the person. It is like if an Itaalian guy firebob a church (for example) we can't say the Europeans are bad. Arabs come from different lands and cultures. Let's distinguish the two.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
There are differences even within the same basic culture as well, Moghrabi. Those who would blame all of one race or religion for the actions of a few are just looking for a place to display their prejudices.