Views of Bloc Québécois

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
Let's just forget about the whole seperatist thing for a moment and focus on the actual politics of the Bloc Québécois... I have been reading their web site (only available in French) and noticed some similarities in some articles that I've seen on these forums.

http://www.bloc.org/2004/fr/paul_martin_intro.asp

Paul Martin et les paradis fiscaux

Contrairement à ce qu'il prétend, le premier ministre Paul Martin a longuement planifié l'aménagement d'un cadre fiscal qui permettrait à CSL d'engranger des profits à l'abri du fisc canadien.
Paul Martin, qui se réclame aujourd'hui des normes éthiques les plus élevées, ne s'est pas gêné en 1998 pour parrainer à titre de ministre fédéral des Finances la loi C-28 et se mettre lui-même en situation de conflit d'intérêt.

Cette loi est venue modifier les règles de taxation canadiennes et permettre aux filiales étrangères des compagnies de transport maritime canadiennes de ne pas payer d'impôt au Canada.

Combiné avec la convention fiscale de La Barbade, C-28 a permis à CSL International de soustraire au moins 100 millions $ à l'impôt du Québec et du Canada.

Aujourd'hui, Paul Martin voudrait faire croire à la population du Québec et des provinces qu'il a mené une campagne contre les paradis fiscaux alors qu'il était ministre fédéral des Finances et qu'il n'a jamais cherché à avantager son entreprise, CSL International, en parrainant la loi C-28.

That article is basically stating the Canada Steamship Lines thing which everyone [should know about. I've looked over some other articles on their web site and found some interesting articles having to do with current and recent politics. Makes you think about where they might get their information and articles!

Numure

Council Member
Apr 30, 2004
Montréal, Québec
ahh. Well this is a well known fact in Québec. Martin is biased towards his, and his friends compagnies. Ever been to Barbados(in french its la Barbade, not sure if this is exact english translation)? Its filled with Canadien compagnies, even banks, that avoid paying taxes cause they say their headqwuarters are there. When most of the time, they only hire firms to make it seem that way. Yet the CEO and compagnies executives all live and run their compagnies in Montreal or Toronto. It deprives provincial and federal goverments of an estimated 4 billion$$ every year.

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
Et bien, Si je ne tois ai pas souhaité la bienvenue, bienvenue aux forums de Canadian Content!

On to the note, when will this stop though? Martin is always putting a preference on his friends and their companies. Positions in the government are also flawed. Why can't we have a government that makes the decisions based on quality for our people?

Vincent_2002

Electoral Member
Mar 27, 2002
Montréal, Quebec
The bloc is a harmless bunch~ Yeah sure they always trying to get out of Canada but hell,, it's never going to happen. rest assured.

on the other hand, how the hell do they get elected? i know of some extremist seperatists but i dont know that many! Montreal has a lot of them, but mostly in the eastern townships.

Numure

Council Member
Apr 30, 2004
Montréal, Québec
eastern townships isnt in montreal, iots Sherbrook. The bloc doesnt only represent sepratist, their main goal is to represent Québécois. All Québec, besides montreal, is pretty much either Sepratist or Nationalist. That is why we vote for the BQ. The BQ, represents our intrest. With them around, we annoy the hell out of pretty much every canadian political party. Come on the south shore, everyone is a sepratist. Its been a sepratist stronghold for roughly 60 years, still is.