Nunavut is not prepared for Climate Change

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Nunavut not prepared for climate change impacts, auditor general says

Mar 14, 2018 5:47 AM CT | Last Updated: March 14
Nunavut is not prepared to deal with the impacts of climate change and doesn't have a plan to deal with them, according to latest report by Canada's auditor general.

The report, tabled in the Nunavut Legislature on Tuesday, also says the territory has twice come up with climate change mitigation strategies, but never followed through on finalizing action plans to implement them.

"There are a number of challenges that the government faces in addressing climate change, whether that be the need to address immediate priorities, but also human resource capacity challenges within the government. And those make it difficult to sustain effort and attention," Jim McKenzie, the principal director responsible for the audit, told reporters in Iqaluit.

Nunavut isn't alone.

The findings echo the auditor general's reports on the same topic out of the Northwest Territories in October and Yukon in January.

Nunavut not prepared for climate change impacts, auditor general says - North - CBC News

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
What actions do Nunavutians need to take?

a)Whatever Botswana does?
b)Partly what Botswana does and partly what Nunavutians need?
c)The complete opposite of what Botswana does?
d)Buy an ice maker?

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Then you like Trudeau since he's not doing enough.

No... I am laughing because they aren't keeping up with their commitments. Their inaction on climate change simply proves my point... it's not an important issue. It's not an issue at all. What is important to them is keeping people like you fired up and screaming.

You must like Trump because he is doing more than Trudeau in regards to climate action.

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
No... I am laughing because they aren't keeping up with their commitments. Their inaction on climate change simply proves my point... it's not an important issue. It's not an issue at all. What is important to them is keeping people like you fired up and screaming.

You must like Trump because he is doing more than Trudeau in regards to climate action.

First, Trump's not doing more than Trudeau on climate change lol

Secondly, you either like the fact that Trudeau is underperforming and therefore support him or you don't and you want more to be done on climate change.

Either way, it's pretty obvious the new SJW clothes really suit you! :lol:

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
First, Trump's not doing more than Trudeau on climate change lol

Secondly, you either like the fact that Trudeau is underperforming and therefore support him or you don't and you want more to be done on climate change.

Either way, it's pretty obvious the new SJW clothes really suit you! :lol:

Yes he is. That fact is killing you isn't it.

As well as the fact that all your politicians (and our Democrats as well) have done is talk the talk and that is all. Your own audits prove my point time after time.

The inaction is telling... and it has you tremendously triggered.

*snicker*

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
The good folks in Nunavut might be best served in preparing for this catastrophic climate changey thing by instituting a raft of new taxes.

That'll fix it

They should do what the Alberta Conservatives did and mandate the municipalities to do something about it. Problem solved.