The "Official" BC Election Thread Liberals, NDP & Greens

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Crispy Carp has worn out her welcome. 15 years of BC Liberal corruption has alienated the majority of BCers.But like the last election, the ruling elite will not allow the gawdless commies or the eco-fascist take the rains, so expect a surprise last minute win with some fabricated bull sh!t to justify the landslide victory by the Gliberals. The fix is in and the corporate puppet masters will not stop until they have sucked this province dry.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Crispy Carp has worn out her welcome. 15 years of BC Liberal corruption has alienated the majority of BCers.But like the last election, the ruling elite will not allow the gawdless commies or the eco-fascist take the rains, so expect a surprise last minute win with some fabricated bull sh!t to justify the landslide victory by the Gliberals. The fix is in and the corporate puppet masters will not stop until they have sucked this province dry.

Thank Gawd, I don't want the gawdless commies or the eco-fascist take the rains either.. that's said, how about the NDP?

Corduroy

Senate Member
Feb 9, 2011
Vancouver, BC
For some reason that article you posted won't load for me, but I think I read it a few days ago. It points out that despite the NDP having a double digit lead at this point, polls gave them the same kind of lead at this point in the last election, and the last polls even had the NDP winning and were proven wrong.

So I'd just as soon stay away from polls.

I live across the street from an early voting station, which is also next to a Tim Hortons. Maybe I'll go vote on a coffee run.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
For some reason that article you posted won't load for me, but I think I read it a few days ago. It points out that despite the NDP having a double digit lead at this point, polls gave them the same kind of lead at this point in the last election, and the last polls even had the NDP winning and were proven wrong.

So I'd just as soon stay away from polls.

Says that in the Video above.. same happen last election and the Liberals swept the election..

I don't like Cristy Clark, but feel the NDP will screw the province pretty much like they did in Alberta.

The NDP has promised to kill Morgan Kindersley, Site C Dam and the LNG project, which will help the BC economy, and with softwood tariffs the economy under the NDP would lose jobs.

Corduroy

Senate Member
Feb 9, 2011
Vancouver, BC
The NDP didn't screw Alberta. There's a reason why the NDP won in 2015. Alberta was already getting screwed.

But Albertan's are notorious for never learning their lessons when it comes to the oil industry. Of course they'll blame the NDP for the economic collapse that happened before the election and was the reason they voted NDP in the first place. And when the price of oil goes up again, they'll just repeat the same cycle.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
The NDP didn't screw Alberta. There's a reason why the NDP won in 2015. Alberta was already getting screwed.

But Albertan's are notorious for never learning their lessons when it comes to the oil industry. Of course they'll blame the NDP for the economic collapse that happened before the election and was the reason they voted NDP in the first place. And when the price of oil goes up again, they'll just repeat the same cycle.

Blame Ontario instead, eh?

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Who do you think will win the BC Election on May 9th, 2017 and why.

How would it affect the current BC Economy?

[youtube]ANgSt8LWy_g[/youtube]

Well this is an interesting turn of events..

In B.C., NDP open up double-digit lead over Liberals with election looming

Of course I've been wrong before but I think the Liberals have a fairly firm hold on B.C. and it will only be their own stupidity if they lose it. Even though there's at least two things I don't like about the Liberals our economy by and large is working. I think the property transfer tax (the one everybody is saddled with) is both hideous and obscene. There are quite a few people who fully deserve to draw welfare (the ones who CAN NOT work) and I believe the Liberal's treatment of them is deplorable. (No raise in 10 years) Anyone that is smart and recalls the Dipper's charade of the 1990s isn't going to give them a vote. The Greens are a one horse operation.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
I truly hope the Liberals win as they are the only party interested in creating real jobs and keeping government spending somewhat under control.
To paraphrase Christy a bit- If the NDP win the economy will be dead and if the greens win it will be deader.

Groot

Time Out
Apr 28, 2017
I truly hope the Liberals win as they are the only party interested in creating real jobs and keeping government spending somewhat under control.
To paraphrase Christy a bit- If the NDP win the economy will be dead and if the greens win it will be deader.

Lol....taxslave hoping the Libs win.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
It's called the lessor of 3 evils.. Liberal, NDP, or Green Party..

I'm hoping for the Liberals, although it would be fun to watch the NDP.

Not when it is your future they are destroying.
At least one major union is supporting the Liberals. They share my thoughts on jobs. We would rather work non union than not work.