$10 a Day Child Care

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Who is going to pay for it? The ones who use it or the rest of us? Just wondering how many of us still agree with the old tried and true system of user pays!

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
If you believe in the idea of 'user pays', I assume you don't drive, don't go to the doctor, and have never used the school system.
Many countries do policing on the "user pays" system, sometimes known as "bribery" and "extortion." That appears to be JLM's desired system.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
if the children had absolutely no impact on society then it would seem reasonable that the parents should foot the bill entirely and do the research and if they can't find reasonably affordable and safe daycare too bad.

However, since the children being raised, cared for, and educated will have a direct effect on my life, my childs life and my grandkids life then I am happy to have my taxes going to safe affordable child care.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
If you believe in the idea of 'user pays', I assume you don't drive, don't go to the doctor, and have never used the school system.

You assumptions would be wrong I pay gasoline tax, insurance and maintenance on my vehicles, I pay $150 for medical insurance premiums, I pay close to a grand a year in school taxes. You're a little slow on the uptake this morning T.P. (but I suppose that's about what your opinions are worth.......................................one dime):)

Many countries do policing on the "user pays" system, sometimes known as "bribery" and "extortion." That appears to be JLM's desired system.

You seem to be as f**king stupid as T.P. I was talking about operating costs NOT bribery and extortion. "It's better to remain silent and appear a fool than......................................................................" :)

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
You assumptions would be wrong I pay gasoline tax, insurance and maintenance on my vehicles, I pay $150 for medical insurance premiums, I pay close to a grand a year in school taxes. You're a little slow on the uptake this morning T.P. (but I suppose that's about what your opinions are worth.......................................one dime):)

You seem to be as f**king stupid as T.P. I was talking about operating costs NOT bribery and extortion. "It's better to remain silent and appear a fool than......................................................................" :)
And yet "operating costs" does not appear in your post.

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
Who is going to pay for it? The ones who use it or the rest of us? Just wondering how many of us still agree with the old tried and true system of user pays!

Lets just throw kids right under a bus. Dumb fuking kids don't deserve to live anyways.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Operating cost would be a SUBSIDY to the private operators and that cost will double out of small business greed.

Still far less expensive than the unionized government employees running babysitting programs that the dippers proposed last time.I could be persuaded to finance other people's brat care under certain conditions. One would be an income level cut off. Another would be both parents must be working in order to qualify.

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
I have no doubt our society is completely fuked anyway at this point. Why even bother with having kids at all.

And for those who do have kids, Let's save them the disappointment and help by throwing their kids right into a wood chipper.

Enjoy the decline

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
That's the way I have it pegged, Pete, but I guess there's those who like to argue. :)

pay for it now, or pay more for it later.

And for those who do have kids, Let's save them the disappointment and help by throwing their kids right into a wood chipper.

Enjoy the decline

shall we start with yours?