Conservative Leader criticized for speaking at event organized by men-only club

mentalfloss
Conservative Leader Patrick Brown criticized for speaking at event organized by men-only club

Ontario’s minister for the status of women is taking Progressive Conservative Leader Patrick Brown to task for appearing in a luncheon speaker series arranged by the men-only Cambridge Club.

Although his speech Wednesday on the province’s “affordability crisis” will take place at the related Toronto Athletic Club, which accepts female members, Brown is still sending the wrong signal, said Indira Naidoo-Harris.

“He’s going to give a speech through a group that doesn’t count women in... so he’s sending a very strong message that, in terms of how he regards Ontarians, he’s fine leaving women out,” Naidoo-Harris told reporters.

Conservatives defended Brown’s appearance, insisting there is nothing amiss because the speech is open to anyone who wants to attend and can afford the $40 ticket price.

“Patrick Brown’s not speaking at the Cambridge Club to a men’s-only event,” Deputy Leader Steve Clark told reporters after the legislature’s daily question period.

Brown was not available for comment.

Officials at the Cambridge Club, which also owns the Toronto Athletic Club, did not return a call seeking comment.

“I think it’s not OK for him to attend an event at the Cambridge Club, but he’s not attending an event at the Cambridge Club... all are welcome at that event. That’s the most important part of the event,” Clark added.

https://www.thestar.com/news/queensp...only-club.html

spilledthebeer
Stupid LIE-berals salivating at the chance to smear |Patrick Brown had better go back to the drawing board before they make themselves look TOO STUPID!

Firstly- Brown is scheduled to speak at the FULLY INTEGRATED Toronto Athletic Club.

Secondly-the likes of women such as notorious left wing nutbar Olivia Chow have spoken at the all male Cambridge Club.

The LIE-beral reaction to this non-story is the reason WHY we call them LIE-berals- they are strangers to truth, logic and reality!

Quote: Originally Posted by mentalflossView Post

Conservative Leader Patrick Brown criticized for speaking at event organized by men-only club

Ontario’s minister for the status of women is taking Progressive Conservative Leader Patrick Brown to task for appearing in a luncheon speaker series arranged by the men-only Cambridge Club.

Although his speech Wednesday on the province’s “affordability crisis” will take place at the related Toronto Athletic Club, which accepts female members, Brown is still sending the wrong signal, said Indira Naidoo-Harris.

“He’s going to give a speech through a group that doesn’t count women in... so he’s sending a very strong message that, in terms of how he regards Ontarians, he’s fine leaving women out,” Naidoo-Harris told reporters.

Conservatives defended Brown’s appearance, insisting there is nothing amiss because the speech is open to anyone who wants to attend and can afford the $40 ticket price.

“Patrick Brown’s not speaking at the Cambridge Club to a men’s-only event,” Deputy Leader Steve Clark told reporters after the legislature’s daily question period.

Officials at the Cambridge Club, which also owns the Toronto Athletic Club, did not return a call seeking comment.

“I think it’s not OK for him to attend an event at the Cambridge Club, but he’s not attending an event at the Cambridge Club... all are welcome at that event. That’s the most important part of the event,” Clark added.

Remington1
Yea heard about this one, Trudeau attending a gender-segregated event in Ottawa. Not good for a feminist. Nomani, a strong Muslim woman asked that Trudeau not attend the event. She ask that he follow other Muslims men example and who are real leaders of the communities. They are refusing to go and stand at pulpits of mosques that discriminate against their women. Oops sorry, just notice it was a conservative leader, not our Prime Minister.

IdRatherBeSkiing
And? If a PM spoke at a women's only club, it would be a non-issue.

Remington1
+1
Canada's feminist leader Justin Trudeau criticised for attending SEGREGATED mosque event | World | News | Express.co.uk (external - login to view)

Locutus
cucks gonna cuck

Remington1
No, it would be perfectly fine, unless all the men and boys were kept hidden upstair or in the basement... and not by accident, but because the women didn't feel they were good enough to stand side-by-side with them.

White_Unifier
Quote: Originally Posted by LocutusView Post

cucks gonna cuck

I know it's hard, but try to forgive your wife. Have you considered marriage counselling?

Come on. As long as he's not breaking any laws, he can attend whatever event he wants on his own time. besides, this was an open event.

personal touch
Bloc Québécois
Does it matter?
What is an atheletes club for Petes sake?

Curious Cdn
Conservative
Quote: Originally Posted by personal touchView Post

Does it matter?
What is an atheletes club for Petes sake?

Even athletes vote ... sometimes.

If that had been a women's only club, no one would say nought about it.

Danbones
Free Thinker
+3
#11  Top Rated Post
Mf is just mad because it's a men only club and he can't get in

Jinentonix
No Party Affiliation
+2
I'm so offended by him speaking at an Athletic Club. I feel marginalized and left out because I'm no longer athletic. Wahhhhh somebody pay me some attention, wahhhhhh.

mentalfloss
+1
Cuckservatives triggered.

personal touch
Bloc Québécois

Sewer rats

Athletes club ,strangest sounding club I have heard of

Danbones
Free Thinker
+1
for all the projection MF should start a movie club

Jinentonix
No Party Affiliation

Nah, the whiny bytch got triggered. I mean c'mon dude, it's not a provincial secret that Olivia Chow previously spoke at the exact same venue for the same event.

Actually, I was unfair to infer that the whiny bytch was triggered. It's just the stink of Libtard desperation as the Wynned sock's approval rating hurtles towards single digits with an election looming.

If you're going to try and distract from a looming and very public disaster, you have to come up with better sh*t than getting all in a kerfuffle over the Opposition leader speaking at an open event. What next? Start whining that he's a pampered little prince when they discover that he uses triple ply, quilted toilet paper? Call him a "climate killer" because he uses his fireplace on Christmas Even and Day?

Or, oh my god, what if someone him saw go into a *gasp* men's clothing store?

Yeah, wake me when he actually does something to complain about.

mentalfloss
Stutter Brown fumbles again

Patrick Brown fails test as Ontario premier-to-be
https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.thes...ier-to-be.html

Jinentonix
No Party Affiliation
Say, isn't Menendez going to trial this year for bribery and corruption charges?

Oh my, Brown stutters. Have you ever heard Obama try to wing it without a teleprompter? It's f*cking painful dude. Same for most politicians. They sound like rambling, babbling idiots. But I guess it's only important when it's the other side that does it.
Allow to me elucidate more clearly. Wake me when he ACTUALLY does something to complain about.

JamesBondo
What does a comment about Republicans have to do with the conservatives in canada? Aren't you aware that canadian conservatives are often considered less republican that the Democrats?

personal touch
Bloc Québécois
Everything has to do with the American Republican s and Canadian Conservatives
Just ask JK

personal touch
Bloc Québécois
Conservative party is owned by the Republicans

The Conservatives mimic the silly Americans

Political who res

Jk would sell out Canadian resources in a minute,
He's a go boy the worst of the worst
But I believe people can change,so I am all ears
I will believe it when it is tangible
JK seeks admiration from big daddy,like a child,he would sell his mother if he believed could please
This is what is slimy about him,but I will give him the benifit of the doubt,
I certainly admire KD for calling him out
I need to get on twitter

spilledthebeer
Poor stupid civil service Working Family Hogs and their LIE-beral over lords are so desperate to silence any voice that speaks against them-how sad-their way of life is vanishing as we speak-just a bunch of greedy Boobs-not the fun kind- whose time is ending-not with a bang but with a whimper and a HUGE PILE of DEBT! Consider this:::

Some people have written to me about the Carbon crap and trade tax and why I think it is so much worse than the GST? The clever writer points out that the hated and very visible GST actually REPLACED the old, hidden manufacturers tax. I had forgotten that, its good to be reminded of govt activities. And why replace a HIDDEN tax with a highly visible and much hated one? So the public can see CLEARLY just how much gravy Hogs are soaking up! Put blame where it BELONGS!

The other response-the DUMB one asks why I think implementing a carbon tax will be so much worse that the GST?

The answer is simple: The GST was implemented 23 years ago, when our DEBTS were LOWER! When we still had an auto industry in Canada that did NOT require such massive govt subsidies to stay alive, when Bombardier was not a corrupt multi billion dollar pig at the govt trough, when we still had manufacturing jobs in Ontari-owe, when we still had a nice range of good paying private sector jobs available for decently educated high school graduates-we had none of this unpaid intern horseshit forced on kids desperate for any SMALL chance of employment.

Twenty three years ago you were counted as full time worker if you had 40 hours of weekly employment at a decent wage; NOW you are considered full time of you have TWENTY EIGHT hours of weekly work-AT MINIMUM WAGE! A neat little Chretien Lie-beral trick designed to make employment numbers LOOK better!

All govts have some scandals attached to them but the scale and scope of scandal was MUCH LESS 23 years ago-contract cost over runs and bidding scandals indicate that some govt workers are getting MORE BRAZEN and LESS HONEST about bribes and kick backs and such...and/or older contracts were more free of organized crime influence! One has only to read of the Ontari-owe paving contracts scandals or the snow plowing scandals or the green energy scams to see a serious ongoing problem that didn’t exists on such a scale decades ago.

Or the city snow plough maintenance scandal in Brampton that erupted a few years back after the truck maintenance logs were somehow `lost` and the cost to repair the vehicles took a huge jump-with the work all being done on a “time and materials” cost basis with no real paperwork and the depot manager gone home on `stress leave` indefinitely when questions started to be asked about the cost increases.

Or the pedestrian bridge built in Pickering by a company that was being accused of building part of the bridge UPSIDE DOWN and they offered this excuse: “we have no previous experience building such a structure and have concluded it is NOT POSSIBLE to build it as drawn”! Uh......so if they don’t know what they are doing and don’t think it can actually be built then HOW did they put a price on it for their bid? Or did they think that they could put up a half assed mess and spread a few `gifts` to govt inspectors and have them overlook awkward details?

Or the major highway bridge in Nippising that was built by a Spanish company for Ontari-owe LIE-berals-turns out the Spanish gang had no experience building in such frost heaved ground and it took only a few months for the bridge to heave until it was condemned! And I guess the govt inspectors who approved the work as it was being done didn’t have much knowledge either?

Or what about the array of welded box girder supports produced for bridges to span highway 401-you recall those-the ones that were NOT BUILT TO SPEC-by unlicenced and inexperienced welders and contractors?

We had not calculated the full cost of the THREE BILLION DOLLAR ADSCAM THEFT by Chretien Lie-berals 23 years ago-with that cost going on even as we speak with a newly sentenced LIE-beral bagman whining for a re-trial because he says its not fair he should shoulder ALL the blame, did not have the GROSS insults of ORNGE and E-health, did not spend a BILLION DOLLARS on gas plants only to rip them down, did not have GREEN Energy forced down our throats at GREAT cost and with fraudulent propaganda PRETENDING that our green energy would save the environment when all it is doing is cleaning out our wallets and driving away jobs!

We certainly did not have Lie-beral politicians conniving with heads of BANKRUPT Crown Corporations such as OPG to pay newly hired kids MUCH LESS than older workers-and THERE is the political reality in the RAW-even our Ontari-owe Lie-beral politicians NOW realize we cannot sustain that rich gravy train for grossly entitled Hogs! The next generation is being blatantly screwed! The red ink flowing across govt books is now running so fast and deep it is even scaring ignorant Lie-berals!

We did not owe OSSTF-the Ontari-owe high school teachers-fifty five billion dollars in pension promises made by LIE-berals-with eighteen more civil service unions waiting in the wings for their turn to make insane demands.

Further, we did not need to be held hostage by a cabal of college and university professors who would pick our pockets and load us up with student debts; 23 years ago, kids who got post secondary education had a real chance to USE that education. As it stands now, TWENTY FIVE PERCENT OF post secondary GRADUATES end up declaring bankruptcy as the jobs they get don’t provide enough to live on AND pay the student debts at the same time! In Ontari-owe, about 15,000 aspiring teachers graduate each year but there are only about 5000 new teacher jobs.....so, YEARS of very costly training and your chances of being hired to USE that training are about one in THREE in any given year!

The cost of getting utterly necessary job training is soaring but the pay is being eroded by taxes and inflation AND DEBT! And the taxes and debt and electricity costs are driving jobs away from Canada. Let me stress the debt angle-its has never been more necessary to have post secondary education and the cost of it has never been higher and never harder for grossly indebted Cdns to pay for! And LIE-berals are now quietly telling college and university profs that their demands for fifty percent pay raises are out of line.....till AFTER Ontari-owe LIE-berals are re-elected next year!

In ten years the Ontari-owe Lie-berals have DOUBLED Ontari-owe debt. In New Brunswick the deficit in 2014 was TWELVE BILLION DOLLARS-in a province with a population of 750,000! Ontari-owe has close to 40 percent of Canadian population and 23 years ago it was the Cdn economic engine but now it is a `have NOT` province. Household debt is at RECORD levels-never before have we been this close to BROKE!

Never have we been so deeply indebted as we are now...and its all amortized and compounded.....just clicking over endlessly and currently climbing faster than we can pay.....with Trudope planning to INCREASE the debt substantially while driving away jobs with punishing new taxes.

That LOON Trudope tells us to be happy, life is good.......either he is drugged or he HOPES we are! He will please us by simply running deficits and bury us in new bills....but we wont care because he will legalize Pot and pray that stoners don’t sweat the small stuff like NATIONAL BANKRUPTCY!

We cannot afford a carbon tax especially since it will only clean our wallets and NOT the air-its all a FAKE and a FRAUD! There has been much written about the twelve year long European experience with this Carbon CRAP! To bad Lie-berals don’t read!

One employed Cdn in three works for govt, yet of the Cdns who retire VOLUNTARILY before age 65, TWO THIRDS are govt workers! The Hogs get too much and too often! Govt spends seventy five percent of its revenue on Hog salaries now and the giant SLUSH FUND produced from a carbon tax will offer up even more gravy for Hogs and that is the ONLY reason Hogs want it brought in!

QUOTE=personal touch;2437750]Sewer rats

Athletes club ,strangest sounding club I have heard of[/QUOTE]

taxslave
No Party Affiliation
+1
Rather odd isn't it how a private club for men only is evil but a business that only permits women is perfectly fine with the snowflakes?

Cannuck
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslaveView Post

Rather odd isn't it how a private club for men only is evil but a business that only permits women is perfectly fine with the snowflakes?

By snowflakes you mean men?

darkbeaver
Republican
Do they mean homosexuals?

Cannuck
No Party Affiliation
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by darkbeaverView Post

Do they mean homosexuals?

Most men I know have no interest in going to any organization dominated by women. That Taxslave is sniffily because he can't join the Women's Institute, says a lot about Taxslave. I'm quite happy sitting it out.

Danbones
Free Thinker
here have a seat

darkbeaver
Republican
Quote: Originally Posted by CannuckView Post

Most men I know have no interest in going to any organization dominated by women. That Taxslave is sniffily because he can't join the Women's Institute, says a lot about Taxslave. I'm quite happy sitting it out.

I like women thuer good organisers of genes and lots of fun to hang with.

A woman is a compliment to every hearth.

The magic essential, I just turned arround and suddenly there were three of us.

Johnnny
No Party Affiliation
This is a non-issue. Our PM the self proclaimed feminist attended a segregated mosque and he was lauded for it and i dont know why.

personal touch
Bloc Québécois
What stupid crazy conversations of nil content,living it,it rests my brilliant mind

no new posts