Conservative Leader criticized for speaking at event organized by men-only club

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Conservative Leader Patrick Brown criticized for speaking at event organized by men-only club

Ontario’s minister for the status of women is taking Progressive Conservative Leader Patrick Brown to task for appearing in a luncheon speaker series arranged by the men-only Cambridge Club.

Although his speech Wednesday on the province’s “affordability crisis” will take place at the related Toronto Athletic Club, which accepts female members, Brown is still sending the wrong signal, said Indira Naidoo-Harris.

“He’s going to give a speech through a group that doesn’t count women in... so he’s sending a very strong message that, in terms of how he regards Ontarians, he’s fine leaving women out,” Naidoo-Harris told reporters.

Conservatives defended Brown’s appearance, insisting there is nothing amiss because the speech is open to anyone who wants to attend and can afford the $40 ticket price.

“Patrick Brown’s not speaking at the Cambridge Club to a men’s-only event,” Deputy Leader Steve Clark told reporters after the legislature’s daily question period.

Brown was not available for comment.

Officials at the Cambridge Club, which also owns the Toronto Athletic Club, did not return a call seeking comment.

“I think it’s not OK for him to attend an event at the Cambridge Club, but he’s not attending an event at the Cambridge Club... all are welcome at that event. That’s the most important part of the event,” Clark added.

https://www.thestar.com/news/queens...king-at-event-organized-by-men-only-club.html

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017
Stupid LIE-berals salivating at the chance to smear |Patrick Brown had better go back to the drawing board before they make themselves look TOO STUPID!

Firstly- Brown is scheduled to speak at the FULLY INTEGRATED Toronto Athletic Club.

Secondly-the likes of women such as notorious left wing nutbar Olivia Chow have spoken at the all male Cambridge Club.

The LIE-beral reaction to this non-story is the reason WHY we call them LIE-berals- they are strangers to truth, logic and reality!

Conservative Leader Patrick Brown criticized for speaking at event organized by men-only club

Ontario’s minister for the status of women is taking Progressive Conservative Leader Patrick Brown to task for appearing in a luncheon speaker series arranged by the men-only Cambridge Club.

Although his speech Wednesday on the province’s “affordability crisis” will take place at the related Toronto Athletic Club, which accepts female members, Brown is still sending the wrong signal, said Indira Naidoo-Harris.

“He’s going to give a speech through a group that doesn’t count women in... so he’s sending a very strong message that, in terms of how he regards Ontarians, he’s fine leaving women out,” Naidoo-Harris told reporters.

Conservatives defended Brown’s appearance, insisting there is nothing amiss because the speech is open to anyone who wants to attend and can afford the $40 ticket price.

“Patrick Brown’s not speaking at the Cambridge Club to a men’s-only event,” Deputy Leader Steve Clark told reporters after the legislature’s daily question period.

Officials at the Cambridge Club, which also owns the Toronto Athletic Club, did not return a call seeking comment.

“I think it’s not OK for him to attend an event at the Cambridge Club, but he’s not attending an event at the Cambridge Club... all are welcome at that event. That’s the most important part of the event,” Clark added.

https://www.thestar.com/news/queens...king-at-event-organized-by-men-only-club.html

Remington1

Council Member
Jan 30, 2016
Yea heard about this one, Trudeau attending a gender-segregated event in Ottawa. Not good for a feminist. Nomani, a strong Muslim woman asked that Trudeau not attend the event. She ask that he follow other Muslims men example and who are real leaders of the communities. They are refusing to go and stand at pulpits of mosques that discriminate against their women. Oops sorry, just notice it was a conservative leader, not our Prime Minister.

Remington1

Council Member
Jan 30, 2016
No, it would be perfectly fine, unless all the men and boys were kept hidden upstair or in the basement... and not by accident, but because the women didn't feel they were good enough to stand side-by-side with them.

White_Unifier

Senate Member
Feb 21, 2017
cucks gonna cuck

I know it's hard, but try to forgive your wife. Have you considered marriage counselling?

Come on. As long as he's not breaking any laws, he can attend whatever event he wants on his own time. besides, this was an open event.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
I'm so offended by him speaking at an Athletic Club. I feel marginalized and left out because I'm no longer athletic. Wahhhhh somebody pay me some attention, wahhhhhh.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
Cuckservatives triggered.
Nah, the whiny bytch got triggered. I mean c'mon dude, it's not a provincial secret that Olivia Chow previously spoke at the exact same venue for the same event.

Actually, I was unfair to infer that the whiny bytch was triggered. It's just the stink of Libtard desperation as the Wynned sock's approval rating hurtles towards single digits with an election looming.

If you're going to try and distract from a looming and very public disaster, you have to come up with better sh*t than getting all in a kerfuffle over the Opposition leader speaking at an open event. What next? Start whining that he's a pampered little prince when they discover that he uses triple ply, quilted toilet paper? Call him a "climate killer" because he uses his fireplace on Christmas Even and Day?

Or, oh my god, what if someone him saw go into a *gasp* men's clothing store?

Yeah, wake me when he actually does something to complain about.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
Say, isn't Menendez going to trial this year for bribery and corruption charges?

Oh my, Brown stutters. Have you ever heard Obama try to wing it without a teleprompter? It's f*cking painful dude. Same for most politicians. They sound like rambling, babbling idiots. But I guess it's only important when it's the other side that does it.
Allow to me elucidate more clearly. Wake me when he ACTUALLY does something to complain about.

JamesBondo

House Member
Mar 3, 2012
What does a comment about Republicans have to do with the conservatives in canada? Aren't you aware that canadian conservatives are often considered less republican that the Democrats?