Rick Peterson? Pretty good!

taxslave
No Party Affiliation
He is right about corporate income tax. Besides the idea will drive leotards over the edge. The way to make it work is to tax dividends before they leave Canada. And since ll pension plans are invested in business of some kind we are being taxed multiple times on our money with corporate income tax. If lefty's were not all so fiscally dysfunctional they would revolt against their own parties.

Kreskin
He's also pro-choice and pro-same sex marriage so will be a nightmare for cons as well.

Corduroy
I think it's a great idea for the Conservative leader to run on eliminating corporate tax. Gimme that pre-paid credit card. I'll join the party and vote for this guy.

White_Unifier
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslaveView Post

He is right about corporate income tax. Besides the idea will drive leotards over the edge. The way to make it work is to tax dividends before they leave Canada. And since ll pension plans are invested in business of some kind we are being taxed multiple times on our money with corporate income tax. If lefty's were not all so fiscally dysfunctional they would revolt against their own parties.

I sympathise with the left myself sometimes. What are you talking about?

Quote: Originally Posted by KreskinView Post

He's also pro-choice and pro-same sex marriage so will be a nightmare for cons as well.

I'm pro-life and pro-opposite-sex marriage. However, a candidate comes as a package so we need to consider the overall combination of his policies.

Kreskin
Quote: Originally Posted by White_UnifierView Post

I sympathise with the left myself sometimes. What are you talking about?

I'm pro-life and pro-opposite-sex marriage. However, a candidate comes as a package so we need to consider the overall combination of his policies.

Im fiscally conservative and socially liberal so he meets all of my criteria. However in politics they have to become fakers to get enough support. Such as Trump. He doesn't have a religious bone in his body and is pro-life but had to lie to the right. He's good at lying though.

White_Unifier
Quote: Originally Posted by KreskinView Post

Im fiscally conservative and socially liberal so he meets all of my criteria. However in politics they have to become fakers to get enough support. Such as Trump. He doesn't have a religious bone in his body and is pro-life but had to lie to the right. He's good at lying though.

I'm hyper fiscally conservative. My ideal candidate would promise to reduce real expenditure and start paying off the debt but would not promise reductions to revenue. Instead, he would merely express an aspirational goal to reduce revenue on the condition that he can always continue to pay off the debt.

A politician who promises tax cuts come hell or high waters gives me the same concerns as the one who promises spending increases.

I'm a weird combination in Canadian politics:

1. Fiscally conservative (meaning balancing the books, not necessarily reducing taxes however goid that is in principle).

2. Socially conservative (which to me includes caring for the environment, the less fortunate, and challenging racism and bigotry and so supporting open borders).