I 'beat up Justin Trudeau': Matthew Perry

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
I 'beat up Justin Trudeau': Matthew Perry
By Antonella Artuso, Toronto Sun
First posted: Thursday, March 16, 2017 10:10 AM EDT | Updated: Thursday, March 16, 2017 10:47 AM EDT
A contrite Matthew Perry has admitted he and a friend beat up a young Justin Trudeau when they attended the same elementary school together in Ottawa.
The actor, who famously portrayed Chandler on the hit sitcom Friends, didn’t sound proud of himself.
“We actually beat up Justin Trudeau,” Perry told late-night host Jimmy Kimmel on Wednesday night. “We both beat him up.”
Trudeau’s dad, Pierre Elliott, was prime minister at the time, but Perry says that wasn’t the reason they trounced the two-years-younger Justin.
“I think he was excelling in a sport so it was pure jealousy ... I think he was the only kid in school that we could beat up.”
The Massachusetts-born actor, who described himself as “half” Canadian, said he feels shame over the bullying and doesn’t like to think about it.
“I’m not bragging about this. This was terrible. I was a stupid kid,” Perry said. “In fact, I think at one point I tried to turn it into love play.”
Kimmel questioned why Canada provided no security to the young son of the prime minister, joking anyone who tried to beat up U.S. President Donald Trump’s son Barron would end up in “the stockades” or “Russia somewhere.”
The host also noted Trudeau is a “handsome guy,” to which Perry replied, “Boy, is he ever.”
Perry, whose mother was press secretary to P.E.T., did suggest that the incident might have been the turning point in young Justin’s life where he decided to become prime minister of Canada.
More likely, it was the point he decided to seriously take up boxing.
Trudeau’s office declined an opportunity to comment.
aartuso@postmedia.com
Matthew Perry appears on Jimmy Kimmel Live on Wednesday, March 15, 2017. (YouTube)

www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWZsF3bUNhs

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
April Fools’: Justin Trudeau takes aim at Matthew Perry
THE CANADIAN PRESS
First posted: Saturday, April 01, 2017 06:47 PM EDT | Updated: Saturday, April 01, 2017 06:58 PM EDT
OTTAWA — The Prime Minister has gotten in on the April Fools’ Day spirit with a lighthearted tweet aimed at former “Friends” star — and classmate — Matthew Perry.
Justin Trudeau and the actor, who played Chandler Bing on the sitcom, both attended Rockcliffe Park Public School in Ottawa.
In an appearance on Jimmy Kimmel’s late night talk show last month, Perry recounted his memory of beating Trudeau up when they were students.
On April 1, Trudeau tweeted that he wouldn’t mind revisiting the brawl.
“I’ve been giving it some thought, and you know what, who hasn’t wanted to punch Chandler? How about a rematch @MatthewPerry?” he wrote.
Trudeau’s principal press secretary Gerald Butts confirmed that it was a joke after People Magazine appeared to take the Prime Minister’s tweet seriously.
“Gotcha, @people. #poissondavril,” Butts tweeted about the People article on Trudeau’s tweet on the magazine’s website, which made no mention of April Fools’ Day.
Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, left, has gotten in on the April Fools’ Day spirit with a lighthearted tweet aimed at former “Friends” star — and classmate — Matthew Perry. (THE CANADIAN PRESS file and Jordan Strauss/Invision/AP photos)

April Fools’: Justin Trudeau takes aim at Matthew Perry

Murphy

Executive Branch Member
Apr 12, 2013
Ontario
Rumour has it that anyone who fights Justin Trudeau gets either a free Juno or a free Gemini.

They have so many of them left over from artists that didn't want theirs, that they are having a fire sale.