Canadians pay hefty $684B bill in business subsidies over 30 years, study shows

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
I'd rather see the money going to Canadian businesses instead of being shipped off to some third world crap-hole where we'll never see it again while providing zero benefit to Canada.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Scrapping CBC and let Bombardier sink or swim on it's own would go a long way to cutting this cost.
Couldn't tell from the article but does this also include the multiple millions drivers are forced to pay to subsidize cheap public transportation?

White_Unifier

Senate Member
Feb 21, 2017
I'd rather see the money going to Canadian businesses instead of being shipped off to some third world crap-hole where we'll never see it again while providing zero benefit to Canada.

I'd rather see it go towards the debt.

Jinentonix for Prime Minister 2019

I would't stand a chance in an election. Every candidate I've ever voted for has lost.

Scrapping CBC and let Bombardier sink or swim on it's own would go a long way to cutting this cost.
Couldn't tell from the article but does this also include the multiple millions drivers are forced to pay to subsidize cheap public transportation?

I don't know but I'm in favour of cutting that too.

To be fair to the poor though, municipalities must eliminate minimum parking and lot size requirements from their construction codes and allow higher-density mixed development.

Ironically one reason the poor have it so hard is not because of the free market but because of regulation that benefits rich NIMBYs, many if whom are probably members of the NDP.

personal touch

House Member
Sep 17, 2014
alberta/B.C.
As a Canadian I just want to see a bang for my buck,and more so wish for the managers of my buck have correct assessments in place to determine return is mutually benificial

Remington1

Council Member
Jan 30, 2016
All whilst we, the tax payers! spend 7 hours on a cot, in a emergency hallway, because the hospital cannot afford to have 3 doctors taking care of the emergency dept. Plus couples cannot afford to have more than 2 kids, because daycare is too expensive, but we can afford to give $ 620 million to countries where it's okay to have 10 kids, even though 9 of them starve to death, they keep trying, because it's a sin to 'prevent the family' in the eyes for the elders!! My mom used to tell us about little dying children 30 years ago, and how the whole world was sending money to help them, and stars would give millions and millions to the cause. Well!! why has not some of this money been used to built a proper irrigation system in times of droughts!! or education? It seems our Government has forgotten it's own people.