Two-thirds of Canadians approve of Canada's new carbon tax


mentalfloss
#1
Including Michael Chong.


Two-thirds of Canadians approve climate regulations

Nearly two-thirds of Canadians want the Liberal government to proceed with climate regulations, including carbon pricing, regardless of a new direction on the environment from U.S. President Donald Trump, a new Nanos Research poll says.

Environment and Climate Change Minister Catherine McKenna met this week with the European climate commissioner Miguel Arias Canete, and the two ministers said they remain committed to meeting the targets of the Paris climate agreement, even as Mr. Trump lays plans to reverse greenhouse-gas-reduction regulations passed by his predecessor Barack Obama.

https://beta.theglobeandmail.com/new...service=mobile
 
JamesBondo
+1
#2
I call bull****. I'll bet the poll used a mis leading question
 
Cannuck
No Party Affiliation
+1
#3
There's a difference between supporting a "carbon tax" and supporting "climate regulation". Flossy being dishonest again.
 
JamesBondo
+1
#4
A carbon tax robs me of the finances that I need to become more environmentally friendly.
 
Danbones
Free Thinker
+1
#5
carbon taxes did not stop the warming in the past that caused the brightest moments in history
like the great ages of Rome and Egypt,...the vikings and green land


www.longrangeweather.com/global_temperatures.htm (external - login to view)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...limate_history (external - login to view)
oh look
CO2 rises AFTER TEMPERATURE

these liebarrels really need some electroshock on their testicles before they really effe something up
Last edited by Danbones; 3 weeks ago at 07:03 PM..
 
Bar Sinister
No Party Affiliation
#6
Quote: Originally Posted by DanbonesView Post

carbon taxes did not stop the warming in the past that caused the brightest moments in history
like the great ages of Rome and Egypt,...the vikings and green land


Global Temperature Trends Since 2500 B.C. (external - login to view)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...limate_history (external - login to view)
oh look
CO2 rises AFTER TEMPERATURE

these liebarrels really need some electroshock on their testicles before they really effe something up


Who cares? Burning carbon equals pollution - or do you favour breathing dirty air over clean?
 
mentalfloss
#7
Quote: Originally Posted by CannuckView Post

There's a difference between supporting a "carbon tax" and supporting "climate regulation". Flossy being dishonest again.

Carbon tax is a form of carbon pricing, which Canadians overwhelmingly support.
 
petros
#8
Quote: Originally Posted by Bar SinisterView Post

Who cares? Burning carbon equals pollution - or do you favour breathing dirty air over clean?

You can't burn carbon.

Quote: Originally Posted by mentalflossView Post

Carbon tax is a form of carbon pricing, which Canadians overwhelmingly support.

Shouldn't hydrocarbon rather than carbon be priced to keep the story above table?
 
Jinentonix
No Party Affiliation
+1
#9
Two thirds of the 1000 thousand people they canvassed does not equal two thirds of Canadians.
 
Bar Sinister
No Party Affiliation
#10
Quote: Originally Posted by petrosView Post

You can't burn carbon.

That's strange wood, coal, natural gas, gasoline, and coal all contain carbon. But maybe I'm wrong.

Quote: Originally Posted by JinentonixView Post

Two thirds of the 1000 thousand people they canvassed does not equal two thirds of Canadians.


It's probably accurate for a cross Canada survey. Only one province, Alberta, gets most of its power from coal.
 
JamesBondo
#11
A carbon tax that is supposed to discourage me from burning too much fuel to heat my house is totally blind to the fact that I have a program able thermostat. And, have made many improvements to improve the heating efficiency with my house. NO MATTER how much I do, there is still a tax on my heating that would be better put into additional improvements.

Just last week's tax alone might have been enough to buy a LED light bulb. That light bulb will spend the next 7 years helping me reduce my carbon foot print. We know with no uncertainty that that same money in the hands of the government will accomplish nothing.

A true carbon pricing system would include a consumer based rebate plan so we can opt out of wasteful carbon taxation simply by investing in real solutions.

Mentalfloss, don't bother reading this. I don't expect you to understand that government solutions are ineffective and wasteful.
 
Angstrom
No Party Affiliation
+2
#12
We should rename the tread too 2/3 of the 1000 people asked live in a bubble of comfort.
 
darkbeaver
Republican
+1
#13
Like most subjects the problems stem from the retardation/education systems designed and employed to produce consumers at the expence of thinkers. You can't burn carbon. You can release it and help reforestation however.

Carbon revenue will go directly to the bankers.
 
lone wolf
Free Thinker
#14
Quote: Originally Posted by Bar SinisterView Post

That's strange wood, coal, natural gas, gasoline, and coal all contain carbon. But maybe I'm wrong.

Petey's a lot like Flossy: Anything for attention
 
petros
+2
#15
Quote: Originally Posted by Bar SinisterView Post

That's strange wood, coal, natural gas, gasoline, and coal all contain carbon. But maybe I'm wrong.

You are wrong. You just listed hydrocarbons. It's hydrogen bonded to carbon that burns. The carbons remains.

Ever heard of a CO2 fire extinguisher?
 
mentalfloss
#16
Quote: Originally Posted by AngstromView Post

We should rename the tread too 2/3 of the 1000 people asked live in a bubble of comfort.

You should understand what a poll is.

Maybe my sig can help you with that.
 
petros
#17
Quote: Originally Posted by lone wolfView Post

Petey's a lot like Flossy: Anything for attention

Feeling lonely?
 
Angstrom
No Party Affiliation
+1
#18
Quote: Originally Posted by mentalflossView Post

You should understand what a poll is.

Maybe my sig can help you with that.

It wouldn't change my post, Because 2/3 of the poeople polled obviously think they can afford the new tax and rise of cost of living
 
mentalfloss
#19
No evidence provided.
 
White_Unifier
#20
A carbon tax is rational. We Whites should show some pride in the land that sustains us.
 
Angstrom
No Party Affiliation
+1
#21
Quote: Originally Posted by mentalflossView Post

No evidence provided.

None needed. Its called logic. Something you don't have.
 
mentalfloss
+1
#22
It didn't make sense either.
 
Angstrom
No Party Affiliation
#23
Quote: Originally Posted by mentalflossView Post

It didn't make sense either.

Too someone with no logic , I suppose that you wouldn't be able to understand . Thanks for prooving my point.

Boy, Mentalflake. I just chewed you right out this time
 
mentalfloss
#24
It's okay Angstrom.

Just enjoy your carbon tax instead of being so infuriated by it.

Shift to lower-carbon economy will be a major transition: Bank of Canada - National | Globalnews.ca (external - login to view)
 
Angstrom
No Party Affiliation
#25
So what are we going to do with the 1/3 that cant afford this added cost to living? Like famillies with only one working parent. Let them sink deeper into financial despair?
 
mentalfloss
#26
We'll be better off, just like BC.
 
Angstrom
No Party Affiliation
#27
Who cares right mentalflake? Its only the kids that will suffer the most.
 
mentalfloss
#28
I care a great deal.

That's why we should implement it so that they are better off.
 
White_Unifier
#29
Quote: Originally Posted by AngstromView Post

So what are we going to do with the 1/3 that cant afford this added cost to living? Like famillies with only one working parent. Let them sink deeper into financial despair?

Replace high income taxes with moderate wealth taxes, eliminate lot-size and minimum-parking restrictions in municipal building codes, shift from highway construction to more walking and cycling paths, allow for higher-density development, adopt stricter advertising rules for addictive products and services both online and off. There are plenty of ways to help the poor while still using our resources efficiently. Any proud White man can understand that. I'm surprised Flossie does.

Quote: Originally Posted by mentalflossView Post

I care a great deal.

That's why we should implement it so that they are better off.

You never cease to surprise me. That's what a proud White man like me would say.
 
Angstrom
No Party Affiliation
#30
Quote: Originally Posted by mentalflossView Post

We'll be better off, just like BC.

The kids that have lower standars of living then you're dog beg to differ.
 
no new posts