Muslims say; religious freedom for me, but not for thee.

French Patriot

Council Member
Sep 17, 2012
Muslims say; religious freedom for me, but not for thee.

The Golden Rule and other reciprocity sayings indicate that what we grant ourselves or some others should also be granted to everyone. This would include the right to critique religions and governments.

Islam and it’s Muslim adherents are quite vocal in denigrating other religions and political system, yet say that others who denigrate Islam and Sharia should be penalized in various ways, --- even unto death.

Where I come from, reciprocity is fair play and all players in a game play by the same rules. Islam and Muslims wants to win the God wars by having different restrictive rules for their interlocutors.

Should we respect and tolerate a religion that denies us the rights and play by the same rules that they enjoy?

If yes, please tell me why we should respect such a religion.

Regards
DL

Last edited:

davesmom

Council Member
Oct 11, 2015
Southern Ontario
If Muslims think Islam makes them free they're wrong. They are slaves to their religion, under the thumb of their leaders to obey the Quran. The penalty for abandoning Islam is death. The worst thing that can happen tot non-Muslims for abandoning their religion is excommunication.
I think it's more a case of, they are slaves to their religion so they want the rest of us to be, too. Misery loves company.

French Patriot

Council Member
Sep 17, 2012
If Muslims think Islam makes them free they're wrong. They are slaves to their religion, under the thumb of their leaders to obey the Quran. The penalty for abandoning Islam is death. The worst thing that can happen tot non-Muslims for abandoning their religion is excommunication.
I think it's more a case of, they are slaves to their religion so they want the rest of us to be, too. Misery loves company.

I think you have hit the nail on the head and I would say that your view also applies to Christians who must obey or end in hell..

Have you seen this?

"Whoever imagines himself a favorite with God,
holds other people in contempt.
Whenever a man believes that he has the exact truth from God,
there is in that man no spirit of compromise.
He has not the modesty born of the imperfections of human nature;
he has the arrogance of theological certainty and the tyranny born of ignorant assurance.
Believing himself to be the slave of God,
he imitates his master,
and of all tyrants,
the worst is a slave in power."
--Robert Ingersoll

Regards
DL