Trickle of Illegal Immigrants into Canada Could Become Deluge in the Spring

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
LMAO

The Royal Canadian Mounted Police bring the refugees to the local border post, where they are processed and then driven to Winnipeg, the nearest large city. There have been no incidents involving the refugees aside from two Ghanaians who suffered serious frostbite before Christmas, but Janzen remains worried. He’d like to see a change in the law that would allow claims to be made at the border point — even if numbers increase as a result.

“That way they’re not coming through town,” he said. “It’s safer for them and it’s safer for townspeople. It’s safer for everyone.”

Safer for them? Safer for the townspeople? Safer for everyone?

Why whatever does he mean? Safe from what? Do I sense a bit of fear? Remorse?

*snicker*

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
I think we should only open our border when it is -20c or colder and only to people arriving by foot. If a refugee makes it in those conditions, he/she is already almost a proven Canadian and should fit right in.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
I think we should only open our border when it is -20c or colder and only to people arriving by foot. If a refugee makes it in those conditions, he/she is already almost a proven Canadian and should fit right in.
Does that mean that seniors that take of to Florida every winter aren't real Canadians

selfsame

Time Out
Jul 13, 2015
The earth belongs to God and He gives it to whomever He pleases.

So the owner of a house is not given his property for his golden testes. God may drive him out of his property if he does not act well; so beware of God Almighty, you who do not fear of Him .. all of you are God's servants.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
OTTAWA — As desperate asylum seekers continue to flee the Trump administration’s immigration crackdown by crossing into Canada, concern is growing here over whether the country will be able to cope if the number of migrants keeps growing.

You better be able to cope... Spring is Coming.

*snicker*

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
LMAO

The Royal Canadian Mounted Police bring the refugees to the local border post, where they are processed and then driven to Winnipeg, the nearest large city. There have been no incidents involving the refugees aside from two Ghanaians who suffered serious frostbite before Christmas, but Janzen remains worried. He’d like to see a change in the law that would allow claims to be made at the border point — even if numbers increase as a result.

“That way they’re not coming through town,” he said. “It’s safer for them and it’s safer for townspeople. It’s safer for everyone.”

Safer for them?
We have anti-immigration assh*les in this country too, Eagle and I wouldn't put it past some of them to try and attack anyone coming across the border illegally...............once the weather improves of course..........since in general assh*les like that prefer to operate when the weather is more conducive to their nefarious activities.

Safer for the townspeople?
Just in case some of these people come across packing heat and bound for trouble?

Safer for everyone?
Yep.

Why whatever does he mean? Safe from what? Do I sense a bit of fear? Remorse?
I would think he means just what he said, it would be safer for everyone if the illegals went to a secured border entry point - seems clear enough to me, Eagle. Of course, he realizes that they could freeze to death now and come spring it looks as if they could drown in the predicted flooding that is to hit the province.

Fear? I doubt that, but lots of concern certainly.

Why in heavens name would he be remorseful? If anyone should be remorseful it would be the man who is responsible for this migration North as he works to turn his country into the least welcoming in the Western hemisphere.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
You better be able to cope... Spring is Coming.

We'll cope. Don't worry about us. You should focus on yourself. Have you taken the time to figure out how much the wall is gonna cost you personally (now that you've finally acknowledged that it will)?

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
We have anti-immigration assh*les in this country too, Eagle and I wouldn't put it past some of them to try and attack anyone coming across the border illegally...............once the weather improves of course..........since in general assh*les like that prefer to operate when the weather is more conducive to their nefarious activities.

Just in case some of these people come across packing heat and bound for trouble?

Yep.

You may be on to something. Making it easier to cross into Canada will entice more to head north.

Ok... Ok... I am with you!

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
The earth belongs to God and He gives it to whomever He pleases.

The Earth belongs to the Universe and God is a figment of your over-heated imagination.

So the owner of a house is not given his property for his golden testes. God may drive him out of his property if he does not act well; so beware of God Almighty, you who do not fear of Him .. all of you are God's servants.

Golden testes, eh..............that must be painful.......and really, really heavy.

Come to Canada and a Canadian with a Funny Hat Will Pick You Up and Smile!

I think the smiling face and welcoming arms said more than the hat did, Eagle..............but hey.......that's just me.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
US Border Patrol Agent Tries To Stop Illegal Immigrant from Entering Canada

No... not really.

*snicker*

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
I think the smiling face and welcoming arms said more than the hat did, Eagle..............but hey.......that's just me.

Kind of disturbing to know that some where behind a computer someone thinks that treating a scared cold child with a warm hug and a smile is somehow wrong.

It's a beautiful picture. I hope we stay this friendly and warm and that the bitterness across the border stays there. Gosh, we've got it so good here, I'd hate for it to change to bitterness petiness

US Border Patrol Agent Tries To Stop Illegal Immigrant from Entering Canada

No... not really.

*snicker*

From the original source of your photo:
A man runs for the border after taking his family's passports from a U.S. border patrol officer as he was detained after his family crossed the U.S.-Canada border into Hemmingford, Canada, from Champlain, N.Y. REUTERS/Christinne Muschi

Trumps gotten to you, eh?

Mokkajava

Electoral Member
Nov 14, 2016
Saskatchewan

Lol... yeah... maybe followed by a curling tournament once they hit the nearest town ... if you can get to the button... we will also buy you a tim's coffee

Does that mean that seniors that take of to Florida every winter aren't real Canadians

Yes... exactly