Canadians voice support for Muslims amid ‘hatred’ unleashed at Liberal MP

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
And you're a racist if you disagree.

Canadians voice support for Muslims amid ‘hatred’ unleashed at Liberal MP

OTTAWA — Canada's Muslim community has received an outpouring of support in the wake of stinging personal attacks against a Liberal MP and her motion to condemn and combat Islamophobia.

The Ahmadiyya Muslim Jama'at Canada says individual Canadians and elected officials alike have reached out in the 48 hours since the federal Liberals voiced support for the motion put forward by Mississauga MP Iqra Khalid.

Still, spokesman Safwan Choudry says he is troubled by the messages Khalid described receiving through social media about her motion.

Khalid told the House of Commons she has received thousands of sexist comments, Islamophobic remarks and even death threats after introducing the motion, known as M-103, late last year.

Khalid read the transcript of one particularly disturbing YouTube video sent to her office in which the author suggested she should be shot.

Right-wing activists and some Conservative leadership candidates have said they fear the motion could be a precursor to a crackdown on free speech, even though it doesn't alter the country's hate speech laws.

Choudry says he's concerned that the uproar over the motion, combined with the Jan. 29 mosque shooting in Quebec City, will tarnish Canada's international reputation as an open and inclusive society.

The Canadian Press

Canadians voice support for Muslims amid ‘hatred’ unleashed at Liberal MP | National Newswatch

Durry

House Member
May 18, 2010
Canada
Khalid Is just another useless immigrant from India who screwed up her own country and then came to my great country to tell me how I should run my country.

Useless immigrants like Khalid should have their citizenship revoked

mentalfloss

Jun 28, 2010
That's legitimately racist.

But hey, you're entitled to your opinion, even if it's completely inane.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,

Remington1

Council Member
Jan 30, 2016
M103 brought more racism than what the motion stood for, and the reason is simple!! it was another airhead motion. Canadian are smart enough to see that any 'special' consideration request by any group is either put forth by JT, who seems to like one group more than all others, or some airhead trying to advance her career by exploiting this love that JT seems to have.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
The only good thing about this is it was a request for the heritage committee to have a look at it and report back to the commons in 8 months. Good chance it will die right there. It was a completely useless motion as everything it protects is already covered under our current laws. But she got herself on TV and has Flossy in a tither worshiping her so that is something.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
That's legitimately racist.

But hey, you're entitled to your opinion, even if it's completely inane.

No it's not. It is directed at a single individual based on politics, nothing to do with race.

The only good thing about this is it was a request for the heritage committee to have a look at it and report back to the commons in 8 months. Good chance it will die right there. It was a completely useless motion as everything it protects is already covered under our current laws. But she got herself on TV and has Flossy in a tither worshiping her so that is something.

Flossy worships the wrong side of every thing.

mentalfloss

Jun 28, 2010
No it's not. It is directed at a single individual based on politics, nothing to do with race.

It's racist because it is an opinion that is supporting racists.

And if you can't accept that, then you're racist as well.

It's okay to admit your racism.

It's the first step to healing yourself.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
Khalid Is just another useless immigrant from India who screwed up her own country and then came to my great country to tell me how I should run my country.

Do you not know your rights? Seeing that I don't recognize myself in 'your' country, i presume you mean your private property? You do have the option of telling her to get off your land. You can stare at pictures of White fol in the privacy of your own house all you want.

Durry

House Member
May 18, 2010
Canada
We have a lot of good immigrants in Canada and some useless ones.

Those from India tend to fall more into the useless category. Let's look at some facts to support this.
Canadians of E Indian origin make up about 5% of Canada's population, that means if they are carrying their fair share of contributing to Canada, all activities where Canadians are involved, the make up should consist of 5% E Indians. Well let's look at some examples;

-our military only consist of only a few E Indians, no where near 5%
-our Olympic mentalist,,,don't know any E Indians who win Olympic metals for Canada
-Hockey Players/Football players, other Canadian Prof sports,,,few if any are E Indian,,, certainly no Stampede Cowboys (too coward for this)
-how many EI support these sports, see few EI as fans.
-fund raising walks/runs,,,for those who are active in these events,,,few EI participate and support these events, no where near 5%,,,but they sure like using its benefits.
Etc
Etc,,,,I could go on and on, but you get my picture.

Btw, E Indians didn't begin to immigrate to Canada until after WW11, they didn't come earlier because they could not handle the harsh environment, i.e.,they couldn't poop outside in the winter time.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004

She's from Pakistan, stupid. Showing your ignorance......again.

We have a lot of good immigrants in Canada and some useless ones.

Those from India tend to fall more into the useless category. Let's look at some facts to support this.
Canadians of E Indian origin make up about 5% of Canada's population, that means if they are carrying their fair share of contributing to Canada, all activities where Canadians are involved, the make up should consist of 5% E Indians. Well let's look at some examples;

-our military only consist of only a few E Indians, no where near 5%
-our Olympic mentalist,,,don't know any E Indians who win Olympic metals for Canada
-Hockey Players/Football players, other Canadian Prof sports,,,few if any are E Indian,,, certainly no Stampede Cowboys (too coward for this)
-how many EI support these sports, see few EI as fans.
-fund raising walks/runs,,,for those who are active in these events,,,few EI participate and support these events, no where near 5%,,,but they sure like using its benefits.
Etc
Etc,,,,I could go on and on, but you get my picture.

Btw, E Indians didn't begin to immigrate to Canada until after WW11, they didn't come earlier because they could not handle the harsh environment, i.e.,they couldn't poop outside in the winter time.

The first documented immigrants from the Indian subcontinent were of the Sikh denomination. They arrived in Vancouver in 1904, during a time when immigration policies were much more restrictive than today.

Despite the difficult immigration climate, a few thousand (largely Sikh) immigrants began to carve out a space for themselves in Vancouver’s economy. Many were successful entrepreneurs, serving both their own community and businesspeople throughout the city.

Canada Immigration News - The Story of Indian Immigration to Canada

and once again, Durry shows how little he knows about Canada.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Was World War 11 fought for the right to poop outside in the winter?

Darned tooin' it was. I remember back in the 1980's when we found out that WW II was fought so that Albertans wouldn't be forced to wear seat belts.

Creepin' Commynism creeps in the most peculiar way.