Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
funny - we call these lowlifes elites
just shows how much they control education and media

Decapoda

Council Member
Mar 4, 2016

It appears a lot has changed in a year. Some notable changes in Canadian sentiment in the last year:

“Canada finds itself among countries who distrust their institutions,” Edelman said.

Key findings of the survey include:

• Trust in government — Down 10 points. 63% of people blame government for our problems. 66% hold them responsible to fix it.
  • Trust in Media — Down 10 points. 60% said they are more likely to believe a search engine compared to 40% trusting a human editor. More than half said they trust their own research and assessment of issues.
  • Trust in Business — Down 6 points. 53% of Canadians agree that the pace of change in business is too fast, 48% are worried globalization is taking us in the wrong direction, and trust in CEOs is at an all-time low, dropping 12 points to 25%.

I thought Trudeau was going to do it different and earn the trust of Canadians. Guess there's more to earning trust than just lobbing out fluffy platitudes and expecting people will buy into it. Even with his fingers crossed behind his back, it still doesn't work.

When government takes more and more total control of every aspect of people's lives, the responsibility for everything to function properly shifts onto them, they also take on and own the burden of making sure problems are fixed. The shift toward totalitarianism comes with increased responsibilities. A recognizable name, nice hair and a smile aren't enough.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Populist platforms are as stupid as the people who vote for them.
So are you saying the populist voters that chose Trudeau to lead Canada are stupid . Thanks Mentalfloss you have just stated what many on these forums have thought all along .
I think you can include yourself with those people .

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
...like Green Energy and Carbon Crap?

Both good initiatives that put Ontario and the country ahead but neither are populist measures, sorry.

So are you saying the populist voters that chose Trudeau to lead Canada are stupid . Thanks Mentalfloss you have just stated what many on these forums have thought all along .
I think you can include yourself with those people .

Trudeau isn't a populist and people didn't vote for him because of populism.

Yep, better to watch Trump doing something than Hillary preening.

Nope.

US is already in shambles and he is failing on all of his promises.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Trump and Trudeau both got elected because:

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Trump and Trudeau both got elected because:

Yup lies about marijuana , electoral reform , pension and on and on . But we all remember PM P.M .
Don't tell me what's in the red book I wrote the damn thing .
Or PM Cretian abolishing the GST , how did that work out ?

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
And Rob Ford.

Both were elites, and voters regretted it both times.

Elites aren't the problem, it's simply poor governance.

rob ford an elite?
lol

no, your pals un truedoh!, hitlary, and obomba, and soros the jew burner are elites

Hoof Hearted

House Member
Jul 23, 2016
The Teachers Unions are the Elites...they call the political shots in Ontario. Just saw the elementary teachers got a 4% pay hike.

All Summer off...2 weeks at Christmas...March break...all of the statutory holidays...all of the PD days...then their sick leave...

They really did win the lottery. I get the fish eye from the Brass if I'm 5 minutes late for work in bad weather.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
The Teachers Unions are the Elites...they call the political shots in Ontario. Just saw the elementary teachers got a 4% pay hike.

All Summer off...2 weeks at Christmas...March break...all of the statutory holidays...all of the PD days...then their sick leave...

They really did win the lottery. I get the fish eye from the Brass if I'm 5 minutes late for work in bad weather.
You should have got an education.

Still convinced that a 9-14 yr old Soros was working with the nazis eh?
Danbones could be convinced of anything