Canadians prefer Trump over trudeau

Locutus
there's still hope for us kids.

OTTAWA ó Despite deep overall disapproval of U.S. President Donald Trump, Canadians prefer Trumpís approach to managing the economy and national security over the approach of Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, according to a poll taken on the eve of Trumpís inauguration.

The poll from Mainstreet Research, provided exclusively to the National Post, is the latest survey to show that a significant majority of Canadians have a dim view of Trump.

But it is the first poll that compares Trump to Trudeau across a range of personal characteristics and policy areas.

Trudeau easily tops Trump among Canadian voters when it come to perceptions of intelligence, compassion, honesty and several other measures.

But on economic policy, 53 per cent of Canadians approve of what Trump is doing versus 43 per cent of Canadians who approve of what Trudeau is doing. Trudeauís ďdisapprovalĒ rating on economic policy is 41 per cent while Trumpís disapproval on this issue is just 22 per cent.

Canadians surveyed by Mainstreet gave Trump 51-per-cent approval and 39-per-cent disapproval on the U.S. presidentís approach to national security. Trudeau, by contrast had the approval of just 39 per cent of Canadians and the disapproval of 37 per cent.

more

Canadians deeply dislike Trump, but prefer him to Trudeau on economy, security: poll | National Post

Murphy
Conservative
In keeping with the theme of this thread, I prefer peach yogurt over either. Why can't we elect a PM or the US find a president like Ben Cartright? A good Canadian, cowboy, Jewish father, person type. His only negative is that he was from Ottawa. But hey, close enough!

gerryh
+4

Curious Cdn
Conservative
+3 / -1
Quote: Originally Posted by LocutusView Post

there's still hope for us kids.

OTTAWA ó Despite deep overall disapproval of U.S. President Donald Trump, Canadians prefer Trumpís approach to managing the economy and national security over the approach of Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, according to a poll taken on the eve of Trumpís inauguration.

The poll from Mainstreet Research, provided exclusively to the National Post, is the latest survey to show that a significant majority of Canadians have a dim view of Trump.

But it is the first poll that compares Trump to Trudeau across a range of personal characteristics and policy areas.

Trudeau easily tops Trump among Canadian voters when it come to perceptions of intelligence, compassion, honesty and several other measures.

But on economic policy, 53 per cent of Canadians approve of what Trump is doing versus 43 per cent of Canadians who approve of what Trudeau is doing. Trudeauís ďdisapprovalĒ rating on economic policy is 41 per cent while Trumpís disapproval on this issue is just 22 per cent.

Canadians surveyed by Mainstreet gave Trump 51-per-cent approval and 39-per-cent disapproval on the U.S. presidentís approach to national security. Trudeau, by contrast had the approval of just 39 per cent of Canadians and the disapproval of 37 per cent.

more

Canadians deeply dislike Trump, but prefer him to Trudeau on economy, security: poll | National Post

What the hell do you smoke? I suppose if all of your friends are skinheads, you might conclude that Canadians love Trump. My guess would be around 10% with almost all of them living in Alberta.

Durry
+1
Trump is doing a great job for the American people, finally someone with guts can clean it up and make America great again.

Canada needs a Trump to put our country in order.

Murphy
Conservative
Why do you rail against Loc? You should direct your anger and anti-smoking rhetoric at the National Post. He cited the article.

Your 10% guess is actually referred to as a WA guess. A wild a$$ guess. I'll bet if you look around you might find an article that refutes the NP writeup. Or not.

At any rate, just breathe first.

Ludlow
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by gerryhView Post

Too bad you didn't pay attention to the last sentence jerk.

mentalfloss
+1
Loc with the desperate misleading title again.

Poor guy.

A life of suffering must do that to you.

Curious Cdn
Conservative
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by MurphyView Post

Why do you rail against Loc? You should direct your anger and anti-smoking rhetoric at the National Post. He cited the article.

Your 10% guess is actually referred to as a WA guess. A wild a$$ guess. I'll bet if you look around you might find an article that refutes the NP writeup. Or not.

At any rate, just breathe first.

Hey, Murphy. Get out of the pub and take a walk around, every once in a while.

mentalfloss
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious CdnView Post

What the hell do you smoke? I suppose if all of your friends are skinheads, you might conclude that Canadians love Trump. My guess would be around 10% with almost all of them living in Alberta.

He's a fat, balding slob who has nothing left to live for.

Curious Cdn
Conservative
+3
Quote: Originally Posted by DurryView Post

Trump is doing a great job for the American people, finally someone with guts can clean it up and make America great again.

We need to send you back to Bugtussle, Alabam to put our country in order.

Quote: Originally Posted by mentalflossView Post

He's a fat, balding slob who has nothing left to live for.

He's Ezra Levant?

mentalfloss
+1
Yes.

Ludlow
No Party Affiliation
+2

One question. When was America Great? My answer would be when we teamed up with our allies and defeated the fascists in WW2. Greatness belonged not just to America, but to all of our allies as well.. We were great.

Ludlow
No Party Affiliation
+2

One question. When was America Great? My answer would be when we teamed up with our allies and defeated the fascists in WW2. Greatness belonged not just to America, but to all of our allies as well.. We were great.

Murphy
Conservative
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious CdnView Post

Hey, Murphy. Get out of the pub and take a walk around, every once in a while.

That's not much of a response, but it's a response. My advice remains the same. Take a few breaths.

I hope that you're not on any blood pressure medication. If you 'splode, you'll get blood all over the monitor. Whoever has to clean it will have to deal with your mess. Which reminds me of a funny story I heard once. I'll run it around in my head for a bit while you watch this and depressurize.

wwwyoutubecomwatchvOh2qapdp4Q

JLM
No Party Affiliation
+1
At least with Trump you have some substance, instead of someone who makes spur of the moment promises that can't possibly be fulfilled and without any fore thought!

gerryh
+5
#17  Top Rated Post
Quote: Originally Posted by JLMView Post

At least with Trump you have some substance, instead of someone who makes spur of the moment promises that can't possibly be fulfilled and without any fore thought!

That sounds EXACTLY like Trump.

JLM
No Party Affiliation

That sounds EXACTLY like Trump.

We'll see.

gerryh
+2

We'll see.

Really? You haven't seen it already?

JLM
No Party Affiliation

Really? You haven't seen it already?

Yeah, with Justin, not with Trump. He should never have agreed to those Calif. lawyers...............they're in Hillary's bed!

gerryh
+2

Yeah, with Justin, not with Trump. He should never have agreed to those Calif. lawyers...............they're in Hillary's bed!

"I'm going to build a wall and Mexico is going to pay for it."

Bar Sinister
No Party Affiliation
+3
I wonder what such a poll would reveal now. The Dumpster hasn't exactly had a very good two weeks. I would note that based on the overall results the Dumpster would have little or no chance of being elected in Canada.

coldstream
+4 / -1
It's hard for me to think Trump has any regard at all for Justin. Trump, with all of his flaws, is a real man. He's unconventional, independent minded.. who had the forsight and moxy to grasp the reins of a popular revolt against a failed economic and cultural paradigm and against all odds steered it to an electoral victory.

Trudeau is a pusssywhipped little faggot who's hasn't had a thought free of some petty ideology in his life. He's a pathetic conformist; a vain, shallow, weak follower of fashion. He is completely unaware that Canada and the West are in a crisis. He is an utterly passive personality compared to Trump's dynamic one.

He lacks the vision, character and integrity to look past his own image in a mirror, the polls, and the New Age karma.. that define him in total.
Last edited by coldstream; Feb 14th, 2017 at 01:56 PM..

Cliffy
Free Thinker
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by coldstreamView Post

It's hard for me to think Trump has any regard at all for Justin. Trump, with all of his flaws, is a real man. He's unconventional, independent minded.. who had the forsight and moxy to grasp the reins of a popular revolt against a failed economic and cultural paradigm... and against all odds steered it to an electoral victory.

Trudeau is a pusssywhipped little faggot.. who's hasn't had a thought free of some petty ideology in his life. He's a pathetic conformist.. a vain, shallow, weak follower of fashion.. who is completely unaware that Canada and the West are in a crisis. He lacks the vision, character and integrity to look past his own image in a mirror, the polls, and the New Age karma.. that define him in total.

What would Jesus think of your views on things, I wonder? You are sounding more and more like KKK. Did your horse kick you in the head?

coldstream
+1 / -1
Quote: Originally Posted by CliffyView Post

What would Jesus think of your views on things, I wonder? You are sounding more and more like KKK. Did your horse kick you in the head?

i have it on good authority, Cliffy, that Trump is on Jesus' side. You should read the Psalms which are filled with retribution and violence against those who invoke His Name in vain.. as has been hypocritical mantra of the post structural, post Christian West for decades.. and of which your post is a prime example.
Last edited by coldstream; Feb 14th, 2017 at 01:57 PM..

Danbones
Free Thinker
+1
Jesus would likely say:
"I bin dead 2000 years! Would you give it up already you salty bastards!!!"

TenPenny
+2

It's hard for me to think Trump has any regard at all for Justin. Trump, with all of his flaws, is a real man. He's unconventional, independent minded.. who had the forsight and moxy to grasp the reins of a popular revolt against a failed economic and cultural paradigm and against all odds steered it to an electoral victory.

Trudeau is a pusssywhipped little faggot.. who's hasn't had a thought free of some petty ideology in his life. He's a pathetic conformist.. a vain, shallow, weak follower of fashion. He is completely unaware that Canada and the West are in a crisis. He is an utterly passive personality compared to Trump's dynamic one.

He lacks the vision, character and integrity to look past his own image in a mirror, the polls, and the New Age karma.. that define him in total.

You're kinda unbalanced. Your hatred is unbecoming to someone who pretends to be an adult.

EagleSmack
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Bar SinisterView Post

I wonder what such a poll would reveal now. The Dumpster hasn't exactly had a very good two weeks. I would note that based on the overall results the Dumpster would have little or no chance of being elected in Canada.

He's had a great two weeks. The libs and MSM are going nuts! Smashing up and burning their cities and campuses... this is fantastic!

Just look at the liberal meltdown taking place on this forum!

bluebyrd35
No Party Affiliation
+2

My Gawd, and here all along I presumed he opened his mouth and whatever thought was flitting through his head, came out his mouth. Then thinking "What a great idea, I will write that down" Viola...... another (cough, cough,) executive order is born and signed!!

If Canadians feel he is such a great business man, then they do not know his history of how he accumulated his wealth. Since he still refuses to release his tax returns, I do wonder how he managed to screw the government he now runs. Oh well, same old, same old, Form one's opinions on what one doesn't know....... then choose one's leader. But hey that's only my opinion.

JLM
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by TenPennyView Post

You're kinda unbalanced. Your hatred is unbecoming to someone who pretends to be an adult.

Well, he's actually 90% correct, If I was him I'd have left "faggot" out of the description..........being married with 3 kids I think he deserves credit for being hetero! I do believe his resume is a little lop sided.

Quote: Originally Posted by bluebyrd35View Post

My Gawd, and here all along I presumed he opened his mouth and whatever thought was flitting through his head, came out his mouth. Then thinking "What a great idea, I will write that down" Viola...... another (cough, cough,) executive order is born and signed!!

If Canadians feel he is such a great business man, then they do not know his history of how he accumulated his wealth. Since he still refuses to release his tax returns, I do wonder how he managed to screw the government he now runs. Oh well, same old, same old, Form one's opinions on what one doesn't know....... then choose one's leader. But hey that's only my opinion.

How do you know he screwed the Gov't? Would your allegation stand up in court? He's been paying 23 thousand salaries which over and above his own is being taxed..............................anyway I'm not going there and neither should you!

lone wolf
Free Thinker
+1

i have it on good authority, Cliffy, that Trump is on Jesus' side. You should read the Psalms which are filled with retribution and violence against those who invoke His Name in vain.. as has been hypocritical mantra of the post structural, post Christian West for decades.. and of which your post is a prime example.

Man crush ... from an antihomofaggotite? Make it religious.... You can go all jihadi on each other