Canadians prefer Trump over trudeau

JLM
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by B00MerView Post

No Canadians don't like Trump.. Albertans and Red Neck Sasks farmers do..

The educated portions on Canada do not like Trump.

...and all the Poorly educated cheering.. LOL

It's the smart Canadians who like Trump, not necessarily the 'educated' ones!

Cannuck
No Party Affiliation
Smart Trumpite is an oxymoron.

Dixie Cup
Conservative
Quote: Originally Posted by bluebyrd35View Post

Oh for crying out loud, does it not seem odd that even Trump's own party members are desperately trying to distance themselves from him, or that he is now attacking the main supporting news media he has left?? One of Hitlers first moves, (aside from persistently repeating lies until people believed them to be true) was to stop the press and limiting free speech. How does Trump's behavior differ??

How about using the office of President to support his wife and daughter's businesses?

"Trudeau’s 5 priorities

The prime minister said his government would immediately move on the following five promises the Liberals made during the recent election campaign:

Launch a national public inquiry into missing and murdered indigenous women.
Make significant investments in First Nations education.
Lift the two per cent cap on funding for First Nations programs.
Implement all 94 recommendations from the Truth and Reconciliation Commission.
Repeal all legislation unilaterally imposed on indigenous people by the previous government.
“These are just five of the commitments we’ve made as part of our efforts to repair this most important relationship,” Trudeau said in the address to First Nations leaders on Tuesday.

Trudeau said his government would also look to repeal bills passed “unilaterally” by the Conservatives under Stephen Harper.

“We will conduct a full review of the legislation unilaterally imposed on indigenous peoples by the previous government,” said the prime minister in his speech to First Nations chiefs.

“Where measures are found to be in conflict with your rights, where they are inconsistent with the principles of good governance, or where they simply make no public policy sense, we will rescind them,” said Trudeau."

Huh! Who knew that actually requesting accountability for all the billions of dollars we have given over the years to the FN is "inconsistent with the principles of good governance". Oh, I get it - it's Liberal policy that they don't have to be accountable so no one else does either. ahhhh. It's not politically correct to ask where the money is going - just ask Bombardier. Yep, Trudeau is certainly for the "average" Canadian alright - and, in the end, the people of the FN will not be any better off; the commission on missing indigenous women will not come up with any solutions; at least ones that we already know about. Yessireee, Mr. Trudeau is going to be the savior of our FN peoples - I can see it - NOT

JMHO

pgs
Free Thinker

Every generation goes through a time when they have to take menial jobs or be unemployed and living on parents. The circumstances are a bit different but until a slot comes up one fits into that is how it is.
My grandfather came over from England before the first world war on the promise of a job for a cabinet maker in Winnipeg. When he retired he was boss over several crews including one that did all the construction for the Montreal Transport Commission when there were still street cars running on tracks. My father had an Engineering & a teaching degree from McGill and retired from the same Commission as foreman of the enlarged Construction group that worked on the Montreal Subway. Me I graduated with a Medical Secretary Degree from McGill and while I did work for over 30 years at that profession I did my time at other jobs before doing what I was trained for. First for a photo studio and then for a company that built telephone,s then as a Medical Secretary in a hospital Emergency Department. Oh and I worked on a dairy farm with my husband until he sold the cows,
So, don't whine and say how hard all those with decent educations have getting started in a career in their field because it has never been easy and this generation is no different than all the others. Remember in 3rd world countries, they never even have the option of a part time or level entry job.
I voted liberal last time because...

Quote has been trimmed, See full post: View Post
Yet it was Cretien's liberals that put our troops in Afganistan .

EagleSmack
Canadians prefer Trump over Trudeau.

Remington1
+1
The Liberals are trying to change their work week from 5-days to 4-days, but keep their full pay. If they can change this rule, it would have to include all the workforces in Canada, no? I hope they can past this one, but only if it includes us as well.

Cannuck
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by Remington1View Post

The Liberals are trying to change their work week from 5-days to 4-days, but keep their full pay. If they can change this rule, it would have to include all the workforces in Canada, no? I hope they can past this one, but only if it includes us as well.

Only a simpleton would confuse fewer H of C days with fewer work days. Clearly, you haven't the faintest idea what MP's actually do.

IdRatherBeSkiing
Quote: Originally Posted by CannuckView Post

Only a simpleton would confuse fewer H of C days with fewer work days. Clearly, you haven't the faintest idea what MP's actually do.

They do something?

Cannuck
No Party Affiliation
Yes, they do. Far more outside the H of C than inside. If you weren't such a simpleton, you would know that.

EagleSmack
+1
Trump > Trudeau

Remington1

I understand being off on Friday!!

I understand being off on Friday!!

Only a really dumb a#s would believe that the Liberals would be doing any work 'outside' of the workplace . You truly are a fool aren't you??

bluebyrd35
No Party Affiliation
I wonder why anyone would think Tump would be good for running a country efficiently when he could not even run his own companies well. He declared bankruptcy at least four times. There is very little else he did efficiently except managing to dupe many numb nuts into believing he could run anything efficiently

Yep, Donald Trump's companies have declared bankruptcy...more than four times | PolitiFact (external - login to view)

Gues who paid for those...Not Donald!! He has the lowest approval rate of any President at this stage of his tenure in US history!!
Last edited by bluebyrd35; 2 weeks ago at 07:12 PM..

EagleSmack
+1
^

Knows little of business.

#liberalsaredumb

bluebyrd35
No Party Affiliation
+1
They are smart enough to recognize blow-hard, nit wits than most "Con" men do. They realize that unless they are amongst the elite, they will either die of disease early or have to depend on the welfare system (which in case the more dumbest Cons don't realize are their own taxes) i imagine they will have so little breaks tax wise, after supporting those without a modicum of self-protection that they will remain broke and in debt over their life in order to provide the life style of those that use bankruptcy as a way of living their life on the backs of others.

it will come down to how quickly the dumbed-down average American realizes they are being taken on an incredibly,nasty life ride.

Cliffy
Free Thinker

They are smart enough to recognize blow-hard, nit wits than most "Con" men do. They realize that unless they are amongst the elite, they will either die of disease early or have to depend on the welfare system (which in case the more dumbest Cons don't realize are their own taxes) i imagine they will have so little breaks tax wise, after supporting those without a modicum of self-protection that they will remain broke and in debt over their life in order to provide the life style of those that use bankruptcy as a way of living their life on the backs of others.

it will come down to how quickly the dumbed-down average American realizes they are being taken on an incredibly,nasty life ride.

The logic of this will undoubtedly escape most rabid Trumpites. Like the Trumpster said, "I love the poorly educated". What he didn't say is that they are the easiest to con.

pgs
Free Thinker

I wonder why anyone would think Tump would be good for running a country efficiently when he could not even run his own companies well. He declared bankruptcy at least four times. There is very little else he did efficiently except managing to dupe many numb nuts into believing he could run anything efficiently

Yep, Donald Trump's companies have declared bankruptcy...more than four times | PolitiFact (external - login to view)

Gues who paid for those...Not Donald!! He has the lowest approval rate of any President at this stage of his tenure in US history!!

Does he ? Or is that you projecting your bias ?

Cannuck
No Party Affiliation

Only a really dumb a#s would believe that the Liberals would be doing any work 'outside' of the workplace . You truly are a fool aren't you??

Only a real dumba$$ would think the H of C is the only work place of an MP

pgs
Free Thinker

Why did the Liberals send our Canadian troops to war in Afganistan ?

Quote: Originally Posted by CliffyView Post

The logic of this will undoubtedly escape most rabid Trumpites. Like the Trumpster said, "I love the poorly educated". What he didn't say is that they are the easiest to con.

Actually the smart Trumpettes are pushing " I love the poor huddled masses because they make the best cannon fodder " . Is that why you are so worried Cliff ? Are you part of that poor huddled mass ?

Cannuck
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by pgsView Post

Why did the Liberals send our Canadian troops to war in Afganistan ?

www.nato.int/cps/en/natohq/topics_110496.htm (external - login to view)

bluebyrd35
No Party Affiliation

Does he ? Or is that you projecting your bias ?

My Bias??? HAW HAW HAW You are killing me with laughter!!

Actually those poor huddled masses are more US citizens than Canadian ones. After all Canadians are the smartest citizens in the world with over half our citizens holding college degrees.

pgs
Free Thinker
+1

Actually those poor huddled masses are more US citizens than Canadian ones. After all Canadians are the smartest citizens in the world with over half our citizens holding college degrees.

A college degree makes you smarter then who ? I would sure like to see your stats on 1/2 of Canadians having college degrees ?

IdRatherBeSkiing
I am not really happy with either choice.

pgs
Free Thinker

A college degree makes you smarter then who ? I would sure like to see your stats on 1/2 of Canadians having college degrees ?

Yes you do have built in bias against anything conservative , You would hold the same position that you have on Trump if the republican nominee now president was any other republican be it GW Bush Mitt Romney Marco Rubio , Ted Cruz or even Jeb Bush . All that hatred must sit well in your stomach .

EagleSmack

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sometimes the posters with the most bias are the ones claiming to have the least.

bluebyrd35
No Party Affiliation

Quite right......a college degree doesn't mean such persons are the smartest ones around ..BUT...it certainly doesn't put one in the huddled masses category either. In fact only 35% of those huddled masses approve of Trump today. Even the huddled masses are smartening up as a whole!!

According to the 2014 Education at a Glance report by the OECD, Canada has the highest percentage, among member countries, of adults aged 25-64 who have obtained a tertiary education – 53%. We've occupied that spot for some years now. The OECD average is 32%.Sep 9, 2014
A glance at Canada's postsecondary education standings | University ...
A glance at Canada (external - login to view)

Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmackView Post

You might be interested in a fact or two about Democrats and Republicans that greatly affect the average citizen.

Deficits, Debts and Democrats vs Republicans - US national debt in graphs by year and president - The Great Recession Blog (external - login to view)

Read & weep!! Now tell me again how good the cons. are helping the average fellow on the street economically!!

JLM
No Party Affiliation
+1

Quite right......a college degree doesn't mean such persons are the smartest ones around ..BUT...it certainly doesn't put one in the huddled masses category either. In fact only 35% of those huddled masses approve of Trump today. Even the huddled masses are smartening up as a whole!!

According to the 2014 Education at a Glance report by the OECD, Canada has the highest percentage, among member countries, of adults aged 25-64 who have obtained a tertiary education – 53%. We've occupied that spot for some years now. The OECD average is 32%.Sep 9, 2014
A glance at Canada's postsecondary education standings | University ...
A glance at Canada (external - login to view)

You might be interested in a fact or two about Democrats and Republicans that greatly affect the average citizen.

Deficits, Debts and Democrats vs Republicans - US national debt in graphs by year and president - The Great Recession Blog (external - login to view)

Read & weep!! Now tell me again how good the cons. are helping the average fellow on the street economically!!

College degrees can be highly over rated. Years ago I worked with a man who had a grade 5 education (back in the 1920s) and yet that man had more smarts that virtually every university graduate that I knew. More wisdom & sagacity might be more accurate.

spilledthebeer
+1
Hey-you sent me that e-mail about H of P work days by mistake- but that`s ok- and trust me WE DO understand about MP days in parliament with Mp`s squabbling like children while the country burns-one has only to look at the time wasted by LIE-beral Monseff outburst over electoral reform scam or the whining about the Islamophobia LIE-beral reverse bigotry M-103 "motion" that sneaky LIE-berals are trying to expand into a bludgeon they can use to stifle ALL debate on any topic critical of LIE-beral policy!

We also understand about time spent back at the constituency office communing with voters to see how bigoted LIE-berals can become-and get away with in support of their favorite pressure groups and causes of the moment-the ones LIE-berals HOPE will buy them support for next election since they have alienated so many environmentalists with pipe line approval`s, and young people who hoped for aid with jobs and debt, and civil service Hogs who are expecting way more gravy and instead are getting MORE DEBT, and ordinary people who are waking up to the damage LIE-berals are doing to our economy with their free spending that only helps LIE-beral pals!!

Frankly my vote is for an IMMEDIATE 40 percent CUT in the number of MP`s as we are already over governed and for an IMMEDIATE 100 percent cut in the number of hacks, flacks and public relations twits! AS for time actually IN parliament-maybe if we turned the MP job into a PART TIME ONE with PART TIME PAY maybe there would be more sense displayed in parliament! Its clearly not how long you spend in parliament-its how much money you spend while there-and LIE-berals have WASTED both their time and our money!

WLDB
No Party Affiliation
+2
This Canadian isnt a fan of either. Though if for some reason they wound up being the only two names on a ballot and I couldnt spoil or decline said ballot - Id go for Trudeau. Thankfully that will never happen.

Quote: Originally Posted by JLMView Post

College degrees can be highly over rated. Years ago I worked with a man who had a grade 5 education (back in the 1920s) and yet that man had more smarts that virtually every university graduate that I knew. More wisdom & sagacity might be more accurate.

That is true, but that same man would have a hard time getting a good job today without a piece of paper saying he had some form of post secondary education. Things have changed considerably. That piece of paper is worth more than actual experience in many places now. I work at a University now and they asked me to write a piece about how my degree has helped me be good at what I do. I had to BS my way through that piece as the truth would be very short and not what they wanted to hear. The truth being: Nothing. It got me in the door but gave me absolutely no help with the actual job. I could have done this job just as well without the degree - except there is no way in hell i would have been considered much less hired without it.

taxslave
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by JLMView Post

To err is human
To really fukk up requires
an engineer with a computer.

Quote: Originally Posted by WLDBView Post

This Canadian isnt a fan of either. Though if for some reason they wound up being the only two names on a ballot and I couldnt spoil or decline said ballot - Id go for Trudeau. Thankfully that will never happen.

That is true, but that same man would have a hard time getting a good job today without a piece of paper saying he had some form of post secondary education. Things have changed considerably. That piece of paper is worth more than actual experience in many places now. I work at a University now and they asked me to write a piece about how my degree has helped me be good at what I do. I had to BS my way through that piece as the truth would be very short and not what they wanted to hear. The truth being: Nothing. It got me in the door but gave me absolutely no help with the actual job. I could have done this job just as well without the degree - except there is no way in hell i would have been considered much less hired without it.

Unless you are a handicapped native. That trumps everything for government jobs.