Canadians prefer Trump over trudeau

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
there's still hope for us kids.

OTTAWA — Despite deep overall disapproval of U.S. President Donald Trump, Canadians prefer Trump’s approach to managing the economy and national security over the approach of Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, according to a poll taken on the eve of Trump’s inauguration.

The poll from Mainstreet Research, provided exclusively to the National Post, is the latest survey to show that a significant majority of Canadians have a dim view of Trump.

But it is the first poll that compares Trump to Trudeau across a range of personal characteristics and policy areas.

Trudeau easily tops Trump among Canadian voters when it come to perceptions of intelligence, compassion, honesty and several other measures.

But on economic policy, 53 per cent of Canadians approve of what Trump is doing versus 43 per cent of Canadians who approve of what Trudeau is doing. Trudeau’s “disapproval” rating on economic policy is 41 per cent while Trump’s disapproval on this issue is just 22 per cent.

Canadians surveyed by Mainstreet gave Trump 51-per-cent approval and 39-per-cent disapproval on the U.S. president’s approach to national security. Trudeau, by contrast had the approval of just 39 per cent of Canadians and the disapproval of 37 per cent.

more

Canadians deeply dislike Trump, but prefer him to Trudeau on economy, security: poll | National Post

Murphy

Executive Branch Member
Apr 12, 2013
Ontario
In keeping with the theme of this thread, I prefer peach yogurt over either. Why can't we elect a PM or the US find a president like Ben Cartright? A good Canadian, cowboy, Jewish father, person type. His only negative is that he was from Ottawa. But hey, close enough!

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
there's still hope for us kids.

OTTAWA — Despite deep overall disapproval of U.S. President Donald Trump, Canadians prefer Trump’s approach to managing the economy and national security over the approach of Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, according to a poll taken on the eve of Trump’s inauguration.

The poll from Mainstreet Research, provided exclusively to the National Post, is the latest survey to show that a significant majority of Canadians have a dim view of Trump.

But it is the first poll that compares Trump to Trudeau across a range of personal characteristics and policy areas.

Trudeau easily tops Trump among Canadian voters when it come to perceptions of intelligence, compassion, honesty and several other measures.

But on economic policy, 53 per cent of Canadians approve of what Trump is doing versus 43 per cent of Canadians who approve of what Trudeau is doing. Trudeau’s “disapproval” rating on economic policy is 41 per cent while Trump’s disapproval on this issue is just 22 per cent.

Canadians surveyed by Mainstreet gave Trump 51-per-cent approval and 39-per-cent disapproval on the U.S. president’s approach to national security. Trudeau, by contrast had the approval of just 39 per cent of Canadians and the disapproval of 37 per cent.

more

Canadians deeply dislike Trump, but prefer him to Trudeau on economy, security: poll | National Post

What the hell do you smoke? I suppose if all of your friends are skinheads, you might conclude that Canadians love Trump. My guess would be around 10% with almost all of them living in Alberta.

Durry

House Member
May 18, 2010
Canada
Trump is doing a great job for the American people, finally someone with guts can clean it up and make America great again.

Canada needs a Trump to put our country in order.

Murphy

Executive Branch Member
Apr 12, 2013
Ontario
Why do you rail against Loc? You should direct your anger and anti-smoking rhetoric at the National Post. He cited the article.

Your 10% guess is actually referred to as a WA guess. A wild a$$ guess. I'll bet if you look around you might find an article that refutes the NP writeup. Or not.

At any rate, just breathe first.

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Loc with the desperate misleading title again.

Poor guy.

A life of suffering must do that to you.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Why do you rail against Loc? You should direct your anger and anti-smoking rhetoric at the National Post. He cited the article.

Your 10% guess is actually referred to as a WA guess. A wild a$$ guess. I'll bet if you look around you might find an article that refutes the NP writeup. Or not.

At any rate, just breathe first.

Hey, Murphy. Get out of the pub and take a walk around, every once in a while.

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
What the hell do you smoke? I suppose if all of your friends are skinheads, you might conclude that Canadians love Trump. My guess would be around 10% with almost all of them living in Alberta.

He's a fat, balding slob who has nothing left to live for.

Ludlow

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 7, 2014
wherever i sit down my ars
Trump is doing a great job for the American people, finally someone with guts can clean it up and make America great again.

Canada needs a Trump to put our country in order.
One question. When was America Great? My answer would be when we teamed up with our allies and defeated the fascists in WW2. Greatness belonged not just to America, but to all of our allies as well.. We were great.

Murphy

Executive Branch Member
Apr 12, 2013
Ontario
Hey, Murphy. Get out of the pub and take a walk around, every once in a while.

That's not much of a response, but it's a response. My advice remains the same. Take a few breaths.

I hope that you're not on any blood pressure medication. If you 'splode, you'll get blood all over the monitor. Whoever has to clean it will have to deal with your mess. Which reminds me of a funny story I heard once. I'll run it around in my head for a bit while you watch this and depressurize.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oh2qapdp_4Q

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
At least with Trump you have some substance, instead of someone who makes spur of the moment promises that can't possibly be fulfilled and without any fore thought!

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
At least with Trump you have some substance, instead of someone who makes spur of the moment promises that can't possibly be fulfilled and without any fore thought!

That sounds EXACTLY like Trump.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Yeah, with Justin, not with Trump. He should never have agreed to those Calif. lawyers...............they're in Hillary's bed! :)

"I'm going to build a wall and Mexico is going to pay for it."