Let them eat fish soup

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
De Beers shelves diamond mine expansion in northern Ontario after failing to win Attawapiskat’s support

TORONTO — De Beers is shelving immediate plans to study an expansion project at a remote northern Ontario diamond mine after failing to get support from a neighbouring aboriginal community, a “disappointing” setback for the world’s top diamond producer, the mine’s manager said.

The isolated Victor mine in the James Bay lowlands produces some 600 carats of diamonds annually and is scheduled to stop production in late 2018 and close in early 2019, De Beers Canada general manager James Kirby told Reuters late last week.

The nearby Tango deposit could have added five or six years, but assessment work will not proceed without formal support from the First Nation of Attawapiskat, 90 kilometers (56 miles) east of the mine, Kirby added.

oh well...

De Beers shelves diamond mine expansion in northern Ontario after failing to win Attawapiskat

Why Is There Always A Big Screen TV? - Small Dead Animals

Johnnny

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2007
Third rock from the Sun
I'm still scratching my head on this one? Attawapiskat shot themselves in the foot until the "Ring of Fire" gets the go ahead, which at the moment might not be for another 10 years.

Further proof that Mining in the province is hitting rock bottom. No pun intended.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
The nearby Tango deposit could have added five or six years, but assessment work will not proceed without formal support from the First Nation of Attawapiskat

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Fisting? Yeah it's a fisting all right.

Would the agreement have required a certain percentage would have to work for a living?

Stupid men for women who demand them.

There are so many diamonds being mined, right now that I'm surprised that you can't buy them out of gumball machines for a Looney. If you're going to invest in something like that, at least choose a relatively rare gem.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
There are so many diamonds being mined, right now that I'm surprised that you can't buy them out of gumball machines for a Looney. If you're going to invest in something like that, at least choose a relatively rare gem.

Industry uses them as if they were from a gumball machine.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Fisting? Yeah it's a fisting all right.

Would the agreement have required a certain percentage would have to work for a living?

Stupid men for women who demand them.

Yeah I remember doing that. Soon we will be liberated from the need for women.. Seriously what's the market outlook for diamonds in a fukkin depression. I'd invest in beans. If I had to invest..

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Yeah I remember doing that. Soon we will be liberated from the need for women.. Seriously what's the market outlook for diamonds in a fukkin depression. I'd invest in beans. If I had to invest..

Canned food and shotguns ...

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
diamonds are an artificial value
a fake commodity so to speak