Canada Urged To Keep Borders Open Amid Trump Directives

Murphy

Executive Branch Member
Apr 12, 2013
Ontario
I would be asking his handlers. Trudeau really doesn't have a clue.

WRT Canada keeping their doors open, it would only happen out of spite. There are many people up here that would do anything contrary to what Trump proposed. Sorta like holding your breath to teach mommy a lesson.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Canada urged to keep borders open amid Trump directives - The Globe and Mail

Refugee advocates are urging Canada to keep its borders open to the world’s most vulnerable people as U.S. President Donald Trump orders the construction of a wall with Mexico and cracks down on illegal immigration.

You don't think Justin would... I mean... would he?

Open the door to illegal immigrants fleeing the US? No. Will we see increased traffic at our borders because of the policies now being put in place - you betcha.

Promises have been made by the Trudeau government that would allow Mexicans to enter the country without a visa but no changes have come yet. I would not be surprised to find the government dragging their feet on this in light of changed circumstances in your country, Eagle.

I would be asking his handlers. Trudeau really doesn't have a clue.

WRT Canada keeping their doors open, it would only happen out of spite. There are many people up here that would do anything contrary to what Trump proposed. Sorta like holding your breath to teach mommy a lesson.

The majority of people in Canada do not like the new President, Murphy. Leave the doors open in spite? You can do better than that, Murph.

An immigration lawyer for Canada just told Don Martin on PP that illegal aliens caught at our border will be immediately turned over to US border services. All that mountainous terrain that separates our two countries may finally come in handy as the same lawyer stated that Canada will see an increase in illegal entries into our country.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
Canada urged to keep borders open amid Trump directives - The Globe and Mail

Refugee advocates are urging Canada to keep its borders open to the world’s most vulnerable people as U.S. President Donald Trump orders the construction of a wall with Mexico and cracks down on illegal immigration.

You don't think Justin would... I mean... would he?

I like the policy for Svalbard: you're free to go there to visit, work, do business, study, or whatever else you want visa-free as long as you can meet two criteria:

1. You are financially self-sufficient, and

2. You respect local laws.

To be fair, if they don't get to enjoy the social safety net, then they should pay a lower tax too of course, but I like it since it allows for an open border without imposing any cost on the taxpayer.

When was the last time Svalbard suffered a terrorist attack?

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
we can't even take care of the homeless we have now
so turn off the damn tap already

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
we can't even take care of the homeless we have now
so turn off the damn tap already

But under Svalbard's system, we could bring in not homeless people, but more taxpayers instead who could then help the homeless. Again, under Svalbard's system, you must be financially self-sufficient and obey local laws. Beyond that, it's a free labour market. you can't get a much less bureaucratic border policy than that.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
The majority of people in Canada do not like the new President
not to be difficult Mo but
With the biased reporting we have seen, and of course the incredibly wrong POLL results so far, do you really expect that to be a valid statement?

imho, based OnTrumps rising aproval rate
If Trump keeps up the the way he is going just getting stuff done, the Canadian Conservative base AND half the liberrals will be demanding a Trump of our own for the next Election

...and putting legal Canadians first or some such, may likely be a campaign slogan

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Open the door to illegal immigrants fleeing the US? No. Will we see increased traffic at our borders because of the policies now being put in place - you betcha.

Promises have been made by the Trudeau government that would allow Mexicans to enter the country without a visa but no changes have come yet. I would not be surprised to find the government dragging their feet on this in light of changed circumstances in your country, Eagle.

The thing is... it is not just the Mexican people that are flooding the U.S southern border. Human trafficking is a business down there and people from all over the world are using it to get in. If Justin opens his borders it could spell disaster.

Canada could not absorb the waves we've been absorbing.

Remington1

Council Member
Jan 30, 2016
Keep the borders wide open for who?? Are we ****$#g retards that cannot see we cannot afford millions of immigrants!! We are drowning in debt! I hope we are increasing our border patrols.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
But under Svalbard's system, we could bring in not homeless people, but more taxpayers instead who could then help the homeless. Again, under Svalbard's system, you must be financially self-sufficient and obey local laws. Beyond that, it's a free labour market. you can't get a much less bureaucratic border policy than that.

There is a big difference between bringing in immigrants that have money and an education and taking in refugees that have neither, which is what trudOWE wants.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Enjoy your import taxes, Eaglesmack! :lol:

Your pain...so fresh... so very fresh and raw.

:lol:

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
Enjoy your import taxes, Eaglesmack! :lol:

That means Americans will also have less disposable income to visit Canada or buy Canadian products too. make no mistake:if the US suffers (and it will), Canada will suffer too.

There is a big difference between bringing in immigrants that have money and an education and taking in refugees that have neither, which is what trudOWE wants.

I totally agree. That's why I like Svalbard's policy: If you can support yourself and obey the law, by all means welcome.

If Norway were smart, it would extend that policy to the whole country and not just to the islands of Svalbard.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
The thing is... it is not just the Mexican people that are flooding the U.S southern border. Human trafficking is a business down there and people from all over the world are using it to get in. If Justin opens his borders it could spell disaster.

Canada could not absorb the waves we've been absorbing.

How about doing some trades. We will give you flossy in exchange for 100 Mexicans.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
That means Americans will also have less disposable income to visit Canada or buy Canadian products too. make no mistake:if the US suffers (and it will), Canada will suffer too.

Oh don't be foolish Machjo... Mexican Import Taxes?! LMAOOOOOO

The Mexican Govt. is pizzing their pants right now.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Mexico will suffer the most. In short, Trump will hurt all of our economies in one fell swoop.

Because of Trudeau keeping the borders wide open for a wave of immigration from Central America?

Seriously though... all the Mexican Govt. is going to do is pay for a wall.