Trudeau stands up to Trump

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
#RealNews

Asked about Trump, Trudeau promises to stand for feminism and diversity

While maintaining that his priority in dealing with the Donald Trump administration will be the Canadian economy, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau said Thursday night he would never shy away from proclaiming himself a feminist, defending immigration or extolling the contribution of Muslim Canadians.

During a town hall forum in Belleville, Ont., Trudeau was asked about how a Trump presidency would impact Canada's relations with the United States. Trudeau joked that everyone in the audience leaned forward when the question was asked.

"And I'm never going to shy away from standing up for what I believe in — whether it's proclaiming loudly to the world that I am a feminist, whether it's understanding that immigration is a source of strength for us and Muslim Canadians are an essential part of the success of our country today and into the future."

The audience applauded.

Asked about Trump, Trudeau promises to stand for feminism and diversity - Politics - CBC News

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
Boy, Trump is going to have the time of his life. The personal amusement he must have every day must be magical :)

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
I'll bet you're enjoying the show

Watching mentalflake spin every time the Donald intentionally has fun dicking people like him around is very satisfactory.

It's priceless. :laughing1:

Best election's ever

The funniest part is liberal's still haven't t figured out, Trump is just playfully dicking them around and enjoying it :laughing3:
I wonder how many years it will take them to figure it out.

I mean they take every little thing he says so seriously. :laughing3: It's sad they don't have the intellectual capacity to understand Trump is having à the time of his life with it.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
I think there are probably a few positive members of most ethnic groups. I doubt if every Muslim is bad.
I'm not saying they're all bad. I'm asking what essential contributions they're making to Canada. What would Canada not be able to accomplish as a nation without Muslims in the country?

davesmom

Council Member
Oct 11, 2015
Southern Ontario
So far Trump has totally ignored Trudeau and Canada as a whole. Rightfully so. For a young country that has far to go and much to learn, Canadians have much to say!
It probably bothers our Government and a lot of Canadians that they are not getting the attention they crave from the U.S. President-elect.
Considering that we are the mouse living next to the elephant, maybe we should stay in our mouse hole and keep quiet. At the least we could show better taste than to be whining before we have anything to whine about.
Trudeau is a total a s s! He yaps about what he will do but when push comes to shove he does nothing. His 'do-good' policies aren't doing anything for the country. If he was smart he would listen and learn from Trump.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
I'm not saying they're all bad. I'm asking what essential contributions they're making to Canada. What would Canada not be able to accomplish as a nation without Muslims in the country?

What would Canada not be able to accomplish without Christians...or Jews...or Atheists....your question is silly

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
So far Trump has totally ignored Trudeau and Canada as a whole. Rightfully so. For a young country that has far to go and much to learn, Canadians have much to say!
It probably bothers our Government and a lot of Canadians that they are not getting the attention they crave from the U.S. President-elect.
Considering that we are the mouse living next to the elephant, maybe we should stay in our mouse hole and keep quiet. At the least we could show better taste than to be whining before we have anything to whine about.
Trudeau is a total a s s! He yaps about what he will do but when push comes to shove he does nothing. His 'do-good' policies aren't doing anything for the country. If he was smart he would listen and learn from Trump.

Well said, DM, couldn't have put it nearly as good myself. He's a blow hard like his old man was!

Essential contributions to the entire country? Possibly none! Essential contributions to a few individuals? Possibly many!

Scooby

Electoral Member
Mar 22, 2012
Alberta
I don't think there has ever been a bigger wimp elected to office in human history.

Thinking Trump and Putin will invade Canada to get the resources once NATO is toast.

Justin will fly back to the Bahamas and write a new musical.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island

To be fair to trudOWE he did give approval to two pipelines that are essential to Canadians.

I don't think there has ever been a bigger wimp elected to office in human history.

Thinking Trump and Putin will invade Canada to get the resources once NATO is toast.

Justin will fly back to the Bahamas and write a new musical.

A musical about snowboarding? Cute.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
What would Canada not be able to accomplish without Christians...or Jews...or Atheists....your question is silly
See, you don't know either. Nice attempt at a deflection though. You Trudeau turds really hate it when someone questions the stupidity of your hero.