'Intentional' house explosion ruled a double suicide

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Catholic Jihadists.

"They were apologizing for what they were about to do and [said] 'dear Jesus please forgive me,'" said Rhonda, who found a shopping bag full of letters in her yard. She would only give her first name.

'Intentional' house explosion ruled a double suicide

The home explosion in Mississauga, Ont., that killed two people and destroyed much of the residential neighbourhood in June was intentional and has been ruled a double suicide, Peel Regional Police Chief Jennifer Evans announced Friday.

The announcement was made at a news conference at Peel police headquarters updating a blast that killed married couple Diane Page and Robert Nadler, the owners of the home.

"We hope this will provide some answers and much needed closure to those most closely impacted by this tragic event," said Evans.

Kevin Pahor of the Office of the Ontario Fire Marshal told reporters the explosion originated in the basement of the house and there was an "intentional" disconnect of the natural gas piping from the hot water tank in two locations, allowing gas to build up explosive force.

Neighbours said they smelled gas for more than 90 minutes before the explosion, according to Pahor.

The ignition source could not be identified.

'Intentional' house explosion ruled a double suicide - Toronto - CBC News

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
Your jump to conclusion is only one possible scenario............

How do you assume that the "Explosion" itself was not accidental and death was supposed to be suicide by gas?

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON

How do you assume that the "Explosion" itself was not accidental and death was supposed to be suicide by gas?

This was the claim of the coroner and those investigating. Other than the snarky catholic remark, everything else is C&P and not Flossy.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
  • At the top of the for the "explosion" is accidental

Those were the possibilities. They pretty much ruled that out since both parties would have smelled the gas long before the explosion and been able to leave the premises or call for help. All news reports I have heard it is pretty clear, they have ruled it double suicide. Period. End of story.

Scooby

Electoral Member
Mar 22, 2012
Alberta
Perhaps it's time to make suicide more socially acceptable so people don't endanger others with wacky actions.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON

I am not sure it is important whether the explosion itself was accidental or a result of the try. It is the logical conclusion with that much gas. They didn't both cram themselves in a small space like the oven and let it fill with gas (assuming they even had a gas oven). The intent of both parties was suicide.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
Those were the possibilities. They pretty much ruled that out since both parties would have smelled the gas long before the explosion and been able to leave the premises or call for help. All news reports I have heard it is pretty clear, they have ruled it double suicide. Period. End of story.
The reason I find it important, is to refute Flossy's snarky Jihadist implication that the intent was the explosion since no triggering mechanism was found....

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
I find it funny that the cuck always tries to make it seem like he has some poignant message when he places tripe like this in the politics forum.

sad wee petty man he is.

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
A American Christian hater Mentalflake? You and Cliffy have much in common

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
The reason I find it important, is to refute Flossy's snarky Jihadist implication that the intent was the explosion since no triggering mechanism was found....

I ignored Flossy's comment as a statement of his own idiocy and hypocrisy. I assumed you were talking about the article itself.