It’s ‘Unrealistic and Offensive’ to Let Women Carry Pepper Spray

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
"Unrealistic and offensive". That's what the Canadian Federal Minister for the Status of Women says about a proposal to allow women to have some tools for self-defense, specifically pepper spray. First of all, what in the Sam Hill is a "Minister for the Status of Women" and second of all, this individual must be a real gem to suggest that women having tools with which to defend themselves, their bodies and their loved ones is "unrealistic and offensive"!

Here's the story from Heatstreet:
A proposal to allow Canadian women to defend themselves with pepper spray or mace is “unrealistic and offensive,” said the federal minister for the status of women.

Since 1995, Canada has prohibited the use of mace and pepper spray—a law that Conservative MP Kellie Leitch, who is a candidate for party leadership, wants to change if she becomes prime minister.

Allowing mace and pepper spray, Leitch said, would “give women a greater measure of protection against would-be attackers.”
So, what is the reasoning of this "Minister for the Status of Women" and her rather antiquated notion that allowing women to defend themselves as "unrealistic and offensive"?

Brace yourself.
But Leitch’s proposal met opposition from Patty Hadju, the status of women minister, who claimed that letting women carry pepper spray would actually further gender inequality.

“Her misguided approach places the onus on women to defend themselves rather than focusing on addressing and preventing gender-based violence,” Hadju said in a statement.
That's like saying that allowing people to drink water contributes to dehydration! Here, let me re-phrase Hadju's statement: "Your misguided approach places the onus on people to drink water to hydrate themselves rather than focusing on addressing and preventing activities that lead to dehydration!"

It looks as though the Obama regime isn't the only place in North America where liberal lunatics are running the asylum.

OFFENSIVE INDEED! Canadian Official: It’s “Offensive” to allow women self-defense | GunsSaveLife.com

Canadian Official: It's 'Unrealistic and Offensive' to Let Women Carry Pepper Spray

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
How totally absurd. Of course it makes sense to allow women to carry pepper spray. Would they rather they carry guns? How stupid is that?

JMHO

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
How totally absurd. Of course it makes sense to allow women to carry pepper spray. Would they rather they carry guns? How stupid is that?

JMHO

The difference between pepper spray and bear spray is ... nothing. Why can you carry one and not the other?

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
bare spray
just means the woman has to wait for the rapist to take all his clothes off

if a woman uses spray and the guy wasn't a rapist ( maybe he was the x or something ) it's assault

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
Its a stupid idea and the hydration analogy is even more idiotic. I'd explain it but some folks are just too stupid and just call me a salty cuck.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
The social conservative approach...Make a mountain out of a mole hill and demand the government do something. Fack!! You tards are worse than SJWs

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
The social conservative approach...Make a mountain out of a mole hill and demand the government do something. Fack!! You tards are worse than SJWs

The government did do something ... they banned use of pepper spray. Perhaps it contributes to global warming or something.

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
There was a woman who was attacked at a Canadian University and defended herself with bear spray. She was charged, but I don't know if it saw the inside of a courtroom. Not even sure what the charge was.

Aiding and abetting the further erosion of Gender Equality?

JamesBondo

House Member
Mar 3, 2012
pepper spray is listed as a Prohibited Weapon. Something can not be a Prohibited Weapon unless it is a weapon. When you look of the definition of a weapon, it is based largely on 'intent' .

Hence, if you buy mace or pepper spray, you have the intent to use it against another human being....it is a weapon.

If you buy bear spray, there is no intent to use it against another human so long as it is reasonable that you bought it for bear defense. IMO, is a bad idea to pack around in a purse because there aren't very many bears in a shopping mall parking lot.

This is why I would recommend buying Dog Spray.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island

Read the article. Nobody expects the government to do something. Unless staying out of the way is doing something.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
If women are allowed to carry pepper spray, then men must be allowed to as well.

Can you imagine Loc or JLM carrying pepper spray? They wet their pants at the mere sight of an SJW

Read the article. Nobody expects the government to do something. Unless staying out of the way is doing something.

I wasn't referring to the article tard. If you understood the whole concept of the quote function you'd begin to understand.

Last edited:

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
I doubt you embarrass anyone other than yourself...

I'm sure you believe so. Of course, you have to be smart enough to understand that you've been pwned in order to be embarrassed. Go ahead, tell us some more about tax credits. I could use some entertaining today