After Castro, cash for access, pipelines, Liberals end the year well ahead

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
You mean the plummet was a lie?

I am le shocked.

Our latest nationwide public opinion survey explored a wide variety of topics. Our first release describes at the current state of federal politics, including reactions to a variety of events and decisions.

Here’s what we see:

Party support has seen some softening in recent weeks, but remains at levels roughly equal to the result on election day just over a year ago. The number of people who would consider voting Liberal today is 59%, off the highs of late summer, but still substantially ahead of their political rivals (NDP at 47%, CPC at 46%).

Liberals end the year well ahead | Abacus Data

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Eventually, the two non-Liberal Party parties will find puppets with
pulses, who will be touted as party leaders, and the %'ages will then
fluxuate wildly from what we're seeing above. I think that's what we are
seeing at this point. Trudeau is running with no viable options in peoples
minds.....

I'm still moving slowly on this very cold Saturday morning, but 59% and 47%
and 46% totals to the population of Canada and Kazakhstan combined. I think
I need another coffee.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Your opposition is in shambles Ten years ago it was exactly reversed and the Liberal Party was the laughing stock. These things are cyclic and the down-cycle will return when your government is finally fired by the Canadian people.

mentalfloss

Jun 28, 2010
Plummeting was the term used to describe a substantial Liberal lead.

What a bunch of liars.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
PM defends fundraisers, blames media and opposition for arousing criticism

Typical liberal response when they get caught out doing bad deeds - blame everyone but themselves and while doing so denigrate the intelligence of Canadians. Sure we would not have known about Justin pay for play had it not been for the opposition and the media - and for that I thank them even if they were only doing their jobs. Canadians aren't, generally speaking, stupid. We can understand that saying one thing and doing the exact opposite is simply telling lies. The fact that this particular lie comes from the sunny ways, clear and transparent, robust checks and balances PM makes his continuing defense of taking money for access, that much more egregious.

PM defends fundraisers, blames media and opposition for arousing criticism | CTV News

personal touch

House Member
Sep 17, 2014
alberta/B.C.
You mean the plummet was a lie?

I am le shocked.

Our latest nationwide public opinion survey explored a wide variety of topics. Our first release describes at the current state of federal politics, including reactions to a variety of events and decisions.

Here’s what we see:

Party support has seen some softening in recent weeks, but remains at levels roughly equal to the result on election day just over a year ago. The number of people who would consider voting Liberal today is 59%, off the highs of late summer, but still substantially ahead of their political rivals (NDP at 47%, CPC at 46%).

Liberals end the year well ahead | Abacus Data
That was a thumbs up

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Your opposition is in shambles Ten years ago it was exactly reversed and the Liberal Party was the laughing stock. These things are cyclic and the down-cycle will return when your government is finally fired by the Canadian people.

I've heard rumors there could be a winter cabinet shuffle. I expect to see Maryam Monsef replaced as Min of Dem Inst and given a file she has more knowledge of and one of a lot less importance. There is also talk of non-English speaking Dion to be given something other than Foreign Affairs.

55Mercury

rigid member
May 31, 2007
Eventually, the two non-Liberal Party parties will find puppets with
pulses, who will be touted as party leaders, and the %'ages will then
fluxuate wildly from what we're seeing above. I think that's what we are
seeing at this point. Trudeau is running with no viable options in peoples
minds.....

I'm still moving slowly on this very cold Saturday morning, but 59% and 47%
and 46%
totals to the population of Canada and Kazakhstan combined. I think
I need another coffee.

It's the new mentalfuzzy math, straight out of the Liberal policy manual: Second-Guessing Poll Results For Canadian Dummies

:lol:

mentalfloss

Jun 28, 2010
Keep the excuses coming guys.

Canada is on the verge of a populist revolution to rid ourselves of political correctness...or something. :lol:

mentalfloss

Jun 28, 2010
You need to go back to whatever sh*tty school you went to to learn about Canadian geography and beat the fukk out of that teacher.

Remington1

Council Member
Jan 30, 2016
According to forum poll, last month the Liberals had a 23 points lead over the Cons, which as dipped by 8 points this month. No changes showed for the NDP. JT is still popular, but more missteps could bring them down. Another huge factor is 'The Trump Bump', if Trump succeeds in his many campaign promises (which many think-heads are saying is not possible), then we are going to be looking for some of these successes as well, and the Lib's are on another planet when it comes Trumps' boldness.