Canadian Government Employees Still Waiting for Paychecks

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Can the liberals do anything right?

Geez... everything they touch goes to sh*t.

This **** has been going on almost since the idiots took power Eagle and they still can't get it right - so much for a Merry Christmas for thousands of public employees. Major fail laid right on the doorstep of sunny boy.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Underpaid and No Pay.

I bet if they were overpaying them the problem would be fixed overnight.

Alas... the Liberals get to hold onto the money until they can find out what the heck is going on.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Underpaid and No Pay.

I bet if they were overpaying them the problem would be fixed overnight.

Alas... the Liberals get to hold onto the money until they can find out what the heck is going on.

Actually, Eagle over-payment is also a big part of the problem - they don't even know who or how many have received massive over-payments.

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
Can the liberals do anything right?

Geez... everything they touch goes to sh*t.

You do realize how long this has been a problem and which govt brought it in don't you. It was part of Harpers plan to get rid of those evil Unionized workers.

I'm not excusing the Trudeau Libs for not getting it fixed by now but the Harper Cons were warned it was a faulty system and that cutting the experienced workers would result in chaos but went ahead anyways......

Kathryn May, Ottawa Citizen, June 23 2015

Hundreds of public servants are waiting for pay because 550 overworked employees at the Conservative government’s showcase pay centre in Miramichi can’t keep up with the thousands of files federal departments are sending them in preparation for the rollout of a new pay system.

Sick leave at the pay centre is also on the rise, according to union officials. But Public Works and Government Services Canada, the government’s paymaster, insists there are no widespread problems.

Several public servants, speaking on condition on anonymity because they fear repercussions at work, told the Citizen their pay has been delayed by weeks. "We have taken a step backwards with this consolidated pay system," said one bureaucrat who has been waiting to be paid since early April.

Some argue the project got off on the wrong foot when Harper decided to put the long-promised pay centre in Miramichi as a political tradeoff for jobs that would disappear when he closed the gun registry.

The plan was divided into two major projects. The first was to consolidate all pay services for 46 departments in Miramichi and transfer the 184,000 pay accounts by December 2015.

The second project is Phoenix, a new off-the-shelf pay system that will be implemented in 102 departments with two major roll-outs: in October and December 2015.

Departments used to manage their own pay with in-house compensation advisers whom managers and employees could call if they ran into problems. There were about 2,500 pay advisers working in government – each typically overseeing about 200 clients – when Harper announced the pay centre was going to Miramichi.

Harper said the pay centre would employ 550 people – which meant about 1,700 experienced advisers in Ottawa and at the regional pay centres would have to find new jobs. They got first dibs on positions at the new pay centre but few wanted to move to Miramichi.

That meant most of the new advisers were green and recruited as students, or lived in Miramichi and had to be trained from scratch.

http://ajc-ajj.net/files/library/26_...e_29,_2015.pdf

She gets her money but what about all the others.........?

Single mom gets Phoenix-related claims approved after going public

Lavallee applied to be reimbursed in September, but when she submitted bank statements as proof of the financial hardship, she says the government didn't accept the documents.

"So it's like I'm stuck in this vicious circle, where I can't get any more information [and] the information I have isn't good enough," Lavallee said Wednesday.

On Friday morning, when Lavallee emailed departmental officials to inquire about her case, she says she was pleasantly surprised by the quick response.

"They emailed me back within like 15 minutes, telling me they had received a decision from Treasury Board last night, and that they were going to be reviewing it … and giving me an answer by the end of the day," Lavallee said.

By 3:30 p.m., most of Lavallee's claim was approved.

Single mom gets Phoenix-related claims approved after going public - Politics - CBC News

Remington1

Council Member
Jan 30, 2016
Phoenix was rolled out in February 2016. If there were issues with the program, it fell on the shoulders of our current government to shelve it until it was fixed. IBM was paid 140 Million and claims they will need another 6 Million to fix the problem they created. The government transition team consisted of inexperience IT people s well, so it was a question of the blind leading the blind. The big issue is that the most experience Canadian IT workers (MGRs to programers) have been fired by now and replaced, outsourcing to iGate was not a good idea for anybody, look at the banks!!

JamesBondo

House Member
Mar 3, 2012
I know some of you might see this as a partisan talking point, but Justin Trudeau needs to make this top priority. All he needs to do is get on the phone to the correct people and say "fix this, now. No excuses. "

Oh, and to Justin Trudeau, I say "Fix this now. NO EXCUSES."