Trudeau reveals playbook on tackling Trump climate denial

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Canada > America

Trudeau reveals playbook on tackling Trump climate denial

“First I’m going to talk about the science. We’re going to encourage anyone who has questions about climate change to listen to all the major science organisations and top scientists who know climate change is real and that human action is mostly responsible for it, and I’ll appeal to the sense that we have to work hard today to build a better future for tomorrow.”

But Trudeau knows the old science line doesn’t always work. He knows that some world leaders – say for example the future US president Donald Trump – think climate change is a hoax made up by the Chinese.

So he’s got a few other plays up his sleeve. “If that’s not enough I will also talk about the opportunity that comes with climate change that fact that we should be investing now in cleaner technology,” he says.

He’s going to say cutting greenhouse gas emissions will create good jobs, economic growth and “opportunities” for the world to become less polluted.

“Those are the conversations that I’ll have, respectfully but firmly that we need to act to build a better future with better jobs and a cleaner environment,” he adds.

So there you have it. Justin Trudeau’s climate spiel for Donald Trump,1 who promised on the campaign trail to quit the Paris climate agreement once he takes office.

By tradition the first foreign trip by a US president is to Canada, so we won’t have to wait long to see if this works.

Trudeau reveals playbook on tackling Trump climate denial | Climate Home - climate change news

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
He won't be heard where it counts ... south of the border. Pretty much no one up here ever is.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
He isn't going to talk about the science, he can't measure the air pressure in his front tires. He's an idiot. Goid save us.

He won't be heard where it counts ... south of the border. Pretty much no one up here ever is.

It no longer counts like it did. This a very big planet. The sun shines where it will. We live on a long sinewave, sometimes we're up sometimes we're down, south of our border has already been rendered a hell hole. Twenty trillions of units under the sun, they can't so they won't continue,m sucked dry, too bad, I hope they wise up and start hanging the pricks.

There's an even chance that they will start book burning instead oi revolution. They must get rid of the bankers or cease to exist as free people. Debt is a curse. Stay away from debt.

Are you in debt? Only work will set you free.ahahahahahahah

Hilter mentioned that, didn't he?

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
He isn't going to talk about the science, he can't measure the air pressure in his front tires. He's an idiot. Goid save us.

It no longer counts like it did. This a very big planet. The sun shines where it will. We live on a long sinewave, sometimes we're up sometimes we're down, south of our border has already been rendered a hell hole. Twenty trillions of units under the sun, they can't so they won't continue,m sucked dry, too bad, I hope they wise up and start hanging the pricks.

There's an even chance that they will start book burning instead oi revolution. They must get rid of the bankers or cease to exist as free people. Debt is a curse. Stay away from debt.

Not much. It's hard to function without any, at all.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
if we could just learn to burn debt...

then there is that word "denier"
oO
thou doest blashepheme!

10larry

Electoral Member
Apr 6, 2010
Niagara Falls
Unsophisticates(?) were warming to global warming but when the capital mining brain trust changed their fund title to climate change they lost legions of regular folk that know full well climate has been naturally changing for eons.....hasta be just another political scam.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Unsophisticates(?) were warming to global warming but when the capital mining brain trust changed their fund title to climate change they lost legions of regular folk that know full well climate has been naturally changing for eons.....hasta be just another political scam.

You are literate and therefore an enemy of the state, for eons. They will suppress and maligne. Try to rub you off the body National, they fear you most of all. How dare you think!

Bar Sinister

Executive Branch Member
Jan 17, 2010
Edmonton
I see quite a few comments about the debt, a problem that was largely created by the PCs. My question is what the hell does this have to do with the OP?

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit

Hilter mentioned that, didn't he?

Nobody take the sun's orbit into account as well as its rise and fall (sine) in the galactic plain.

I see quite a few comments about the debt, a problem that was largely created by the PCs. My question is what the hell does this have to do with the OP?

Who is going to repay said debt other than you, me and whole sh-tload of climate change paranoids?

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
He’s going to say cutting greenhouse gas emissions will create good jobs, economic growth and “opportunities” for the world to become less polluted.
He can say it all he wants. All one has to do is look across the Atlantic to understand he's so full of sh*t you could fertilize the entire Prairies with him.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
dept?
largely created by the pcs?
Trudeau government to smash debt and deficit records: TD
http://www.torontosun.com/2016/03/01/trudeau-government-to-smash-debt-and-deficit-records-td

where does all the profit from opec go?

"Saudi Arabia's Secret Holdings of U.S. Debt Are Suddenly a Big Deal...

...It’s a secret of the vast U.S. Treasury market, a holdover from an age of oil shortages and mighty petrodollars: Just how much of America’s debt does Saudi Arabia own?

But now that question -- unanswered since the 1970s, under an unusual blackout by the U.S. Treasury Department -- has come to the fore as Saudi Arabia is pressured by plunging oil prices and costly wars in the Middle East.

In the past year alone, Saudi Arabia burned through about $100 billion of foreign-exchange reserves to plug its biggest budget shortfall in a quarter-century.
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...sury-bond-data-that-s-suddenly-become-crucial

the sauds hold the third largest reserves after china and japan
what happens if they pull it all out suddenly? ( the US drops dead, that's what)
naw...
debt has nothing to do with it

canada is the biggest supplier of oil to the US
what happens to that when trump goes with that new 4 x bakkan field in texas, or coal?

"Exxon CEO Tillerson Said to Be Trump Secretary of State Pick
https://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2016-12-09/giuliani-withdraws-as-candidate-for-trump-s-secretary-of-state"

As Joe Biden was packing for his trip to Ottawa on Thursday, Donald Trump announced that the next head of the Environmental Protection Agency will be Scott Pruitt, the Oklahoma attorney general.

Pruitt is expected to act swiftly to undo the regulatory system that Barack Obama put in place to try to reduce the greenhouse gas emissions that cause climate change.
http://ipolitics.ca/2016/12/10/trudeau-convinces-premiers-on-carbon-deal-but-he-cant-convince-trump/

lol, trudie will get our *** handed to us on a plate

Updated Global Temperature: No global warming for 17 years, 6 months – (No Warming for 210 Months)
http://www.climatedepot.com/2014/03...-17-years-6-months-no-warming-for-210-months/

Last edited:

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
Now that Trudeau is cocky, His approval rating will drop from here on out.

Feminist don't like that ;)

JamesBondo

House Member
Mar 3, 2012
the worst thing we could do for the climate is to open up our cheque books to the government's tax schemes.send money overseas,WTF?

i can cause more lasting change if the money was left in my hands.

10larry

Electoral Member
Apr 6, 2010
Niagara Falls

Giving credit where none is due is commendable however canadas' ledger belies the claim clearly giving pet the nod for kick starting credit card financing, spending what you don't have really caught on.
A nifty fund that taps denizen pockets for mundane stuff like keeping the lights on, winter warmth and transport for work is all about debt. All levels of bureaucracy are broke and this climate slush fund to spend anyway they wish enables them to make interest payments on that debt and leave enough for a raise in their meager wage.